• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Cant Customize Loadout - gameXplain

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah, it sounds bad on paper, but it is more beneficial for the metagame this way. There are going to be constantly used sets sure, but this prevents there from being like a true overly strong set that the entire user base just uses over and over.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
But we also know more weapons are coming so that could change? They might make sure to always one of each of the 3 types plus a few more with some needing you to be a certain level before you buy them.

This image? It might have a different loadout but it will probably be balanced since this is an online-centric game and pay to win stuff is widely frowned upon.
This is going a bit off topic, but this image still makes me wonder something. Will each weapon have its own set of skins, similar to the ones in the Call of Duty series. The weapon in the image seems to be studded with jewels. Does this maybe change with the outfits?

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This is going a bit off topic, but this image still makes me wonder something. Will each weapon have its own set of skins, similar to the ones in the Call of Duty series. The weapon in the image seems to be studded with jewels. Does this maybe change with the outfits?
Nope it is actually this:
Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 7.23.27 PM.png

It is what is known as a "different brand" weapon. It has a similar apperence and the exact same stats as the regular .52 Gal, but it has different sub and special weapons.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Nope it is actually this:
View attachment 306
It is what is known as a "different brand" weapon. It has a similar apperence and the exact same stats as the regular .52 Gal, but it has different sub and special weapons.
Ah alright, i never got to look into this. I wonder how difficult it may be to unlock one of these. Unless its in the shop on random days.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ah alright, i never got to look into this. I wonder how difficult it may be to unlock one of these. Unless its in the shop on random days.
Actually looking at the video all the weapons are available at all times...rather it is more a matter of getting to the right level to unlock them.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Actually looking at the video all the weapons are available at all times...rather it is more a matter of getting to the right level to unlock them.
Oh ok, its a nice feature to see. I guess it gives people a good incentive to stick to one weapon and level it up overtime

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
I didn't realize it until looking at the Deco, but all "branded" weapons are actually cosmetic weapons, they just aren't very different.

I hope as time goes on we get neat looking cosmetics implemented, especially if the sub and special are the same.
Yes I want festive gear with flashing holiday lights fight me

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm very sure this is known early on. I believe it's to ensure the game is balanced. I can already see how people can abuse it if it's customizable.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
this
Well, even with the same stats, having different sub and specials is still a huge deal.
Oh, no no I mean the way the main weapon looks.
The Tentatek Splattershot has a little symbol and the Custom Jr. has one also, they're technically weapon cosmetics, just not very big ones unlike the standard .52 gal and the Deco version.
I'd like for there to be a wealth of cosmetic options for guns so I can have flash clothes and flashy weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom