• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Cant Customize Loadout - gameXplain

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Does nobody remember my 'Branded Weapons?' thread?

The only way you can get a set different from the traditional one is by buying a Branded weapon. Like clothing and gear, weapons come in different brands, usually consisting of different visuals and a different set. For example, a Tentatek Splattershot comes with a Suction Bomb and an Inkzooka, rather than the traditional Splattershot's Burst Bomb and Burst Bomb Rush. I'm assuming there'll be many different branded weapons featuring other in-game brands, like SquidForce, or Krak-on. We've seen footage of these other brands already, I cant seem to find it at the moment. I'll post back later if I find it.
Bascally this

stock splattershot

branded splattershot

I'd assume we'd have at least 2 brands per main weapon, giving us a huge wealth of options to choose from not even counting the constant updates nintendo has planned.

Reactions: Lyn

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Well I can't find the footage I mentioned in my post, but if you recall on the US Splatoon tumblr a post showed an image of a Pink female Inkling, wearing a schoolgirl outfit and holding a Blaster. But the Blaster was studded with pink diamonds. Since there is no way to customize a weapons' look (I'm assuming as it has not been revealed), I'm pretty sure that it's another branded weapon. However, it may be an amiibo reward, seeing as the schoolgirl outfit included in the photo is such.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Well I can't find the footage I mentioned in my post, but if you recall on the US Splatoon tumblr a post showed an image of a Pink female Inkling, wearing a schoolgirl outfit and holding a Blaster. But the Blaster was studded with pink diamonds. Since there is no way to customize a weapons' look (I'm assuming as it has not been revealed), I'm pretty sure that it's another branded weapon. However, it may be an amiibo reward, seeing as the schoolgirl outfit included in the photo is such.
I Just hope that it's just something that is visual only, by having weapons and outfit that looks flashier than others, getting different weapon set that is extremely powerful seems, a little bit unfair considering that the Splat Amiibo's might come in VERY limited quantities.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Someone showed that Ammo Knights' stock never changes. All sets are always available, you just have to be a certain level to buy some of them.
But we also know more weapons are coming so that could change? They might make sure to always one of each of the 3 types plus a few more with some needing you to be a certain level before you buy them.

I Just hope that it's just something that is visual only, by having weapons and outfit that looks flashier than others, getting different weapon set that is extremely powerful seems, a little bit unfair considering that the Splat Amiibo's might come in VERY limited quantities.

This image? It might have a different loadout but it will probably be balanced since this is an online-centric game and pay to win stuff is widely frowned upon.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
We need a thread with all the weapons and loadouts we know thus far (There might be one already in guides but I haven't checked yet.)

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Yeah, this has been known for a while. It's pretty bad but I'm more bothered by the lack of interactivity online. 0:

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah, this has been known for a while. It's pretty bad but I'm more bothered by the lack of interactivity online. 0:
Well, I mean why is it bad? Like others have said it is good for balance reasons and it also helps other see from a glance what an opposing Inkling has and how you can deal with it.

redadil4

Inkster Jr.
NNID
leatherbelt
Imagine, a splat roller and a shield, that would be pretty ridiculous. I'm interested though, will some guns have multiple alternates?

doop

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Elias56
custom loadouts might be game breaking. bubbler charger or bubbler dynamo. seems way too strong

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
It wouldn't be too much game breaking, if you know someone's set of weapons, knowing what he/she has or the most common combination is, you might find something that can counter it.
But once again, i think the developers did a good choice of set weapons instead of precise customization.
But in case they add this as a feature in the future, i certainly hope it's super expensive for it.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It wouldn't be too much game breaking, if you know someone's set of weapons, knowing what he/she has or the most common combination is, you might find something that can counter it.
Sure, but that doesn't stop the fact the metagame will be almost entirely focused on the best weapon combinations until someone finds a counter...at which point people will just use the counter until they find a counter for that.

The metagame would get incredibly stale, which isn't something you want if you want the game to have support.

Saltystick

Senior Squid
NNID
Wummer
At first I didn't like that either but now I totally support the idea.
That way there'll be way more variety of which weapons/sub weapons/specials will be used and there won't be that ONE combo everyone is going to use. I mean ofc there is probably going to be more commonly used sets but the meta shouldn't be too stale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom