• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Charger Players; What is your favorite Charger and why?

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
I've been an active Charger user since the game dropped and I love the variety in sets offered to the Chargers and I'm curious see what other Charger players love using.

I love them all and it's really hard to just pick one that I really like. It's a close tie between E-Liter and Splatterscope but I'm gunna say I like the latter just a tad bit more, if only cause I've used it more. Splatterscope's sub and special are really fun to use and really help with covering Splat Zones and pushing back enemy players, and the scope can really helps with your aim on your first run with this weapon type. E-Liters extra range and half charge OHKO is a joy to use, it's sub compliments is high ink usage, and Echolocator on a Charger is just scary.

So what are your favorite Charger's?

rpgcaster

Inkling
NNID
RPGcaster
I'm using the Kelp Splat Charger. I enjoy the Sprinklers utility and as well as that the Killer Wail is an excellent way to flush people out of cover to be shot. As well as that I feel it's a good balance between range and charge time. I was a fan of the Kelp Splatterscope but I find that the scope takes away peripheral vision. Even if it's only for a split second, it's endangered/saved my life having/not having that view.

Soul Train

Full Squid
NNID
JSXian
Definitely the Scope. If you're getting splatted by your lack of peripheral vision, you're not playing it right. The Scope is meant to quickly scramble to a good sniper spot, and wreak havoc on the opponent's team. Never never never play it up close with this guy, it's not equipped for it.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
the classic squiffer. was using the new squiffer until recently, but i don't like how the inkzooka feels to use and the higher level you play the less effective the mines feel and the more OP the point sensor feels. the bubble shield is a great way to run away (it's better to use it earlier with the squiffer than with machine guns since it's more vulnerable and you aren't generally gonna be leading team strikes)

i'm generally pretty damn aggressive so the squiffer is a good fit for me. couldn't help but wish i had SLIGHTLY more range, though, just so i'm not so incredibly vulnerable to squelchers and that one gun that looks like a big watergun (honestly with their range and rate of fire it can be tough sometimes)... but i feel quite confident with my setup

Last edited:

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Kelp splat charger and the custom E-liter right now

The kelp charger give the very useful sprikler for both turf wars and splat zone ; the versability of it sub is crazy ; from guarding or attacking the splat zone, making sure your sniper slot is clean, as a bait, simply to paint some stuff for point or to just charge your special, It also come with the underrated but still pretty useful area denial tool that is the killer wail ; allowing you to force enemy out of cover ; to denies enemy sniper slot or even sometime as a "get off of me" tool if you have time to set it up. All at all ; It a nice defensive set that still allow you some offense.

The recently released Custom E-liter give something I hoped for a charger to have: A squid beacon! Allowing you to quickly move between different slot in the battlefield even after a death ; It come with the weird choice of the kraken for the special slot ; but it actually work as it allow you to directly get back in your sniper slot once you're done massacring everyone ; Never before I super jumped that much with that set ; something even for a close escape.

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
standard eliter.

i love the burst bombs. use them for close combat. 2 direct hits will KO someone and they use up such low amounts of ink.

I also use them to quickly ink walls to climb onto high ground and setup a nest

SaltySplatoon

Inkling
NNID
bandkid45
the classic squiffer. was using the new squiffer until recently, but i don't like how the inkzooka feels to use and the higher level you play the less effective the mines feel and the more OP the point sensor feels. the bubble shield is a great way to run away (it's better to use it earlier with the squiffer than with machine guns since it's more vulnerable and you aren't generally gonna be leading team strikes)

i'm generally pretty damn aggressive so the squiffer is a good fit for me. couldn't help but wish i had SLIGHTLY more range, though, just so i'm not so incredibly vulnerable to squelchers and that one gun that looks like a big watergun (honestly with their range and rate of fire it can be tough sometimes)... but i feel quite confident with my setup
I've been playing around with the Squiffer some myself, and I have to agree. It definitely sucks to be killed at range by Jet Squelchers and Splattershot Pros. The trade off is that you have the potential of killing them before they can land enough hits to kill you.

I also think I'll be switching from the New to the Classic simply because I don't like the Inkzooka all that much.

More than anything, I think it works best as a recon sort of class that can put a lot of pressure down, especially since the Squiffer out-ranges the .52 Gal. Once teams can have more communication between members, I can see it becoming a lot more popular for its mobility and utility.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
Kelp Splatterscope. Most of all I think the sub weapon compliments the charger already. Chargers have a pretty tough time covering wide ground and the sprinkler helps to alleviate that. It's also a pretty neat distraction for the opposition. Obviously you wouldn't want a sprinkler going so you try to eliminate it. It's at that time when I try to kill them from a safe distance. The Killer Wail might not be the best special for it (I think echolocator would be better) although with the support & hassle potential of chargers, the killer wail does a good job of relieving pressure for my allies and hassling enemies.

While I like splat bombs, Splat Charger has practically the same special except you can spam it. It's the same with the E-Liter. Its why I don't use them often. Custom E-Liter is better though except, eh, I don't really like the E-Liter anyway. I find the amount of charge time it has for the range is not worth it. Hardly any stages really are that large anyway. Squiffers are actually pretty good (classic one in particular) for mid-range but it just doesn't suit me as much, though I'll still be using it in the future.

Freelance Spy

Inkling
NNID
freelancespy87
Ridel, my old nemesis... I like using Kelp scope because a combination of range, chargetime, and specials. Baiting with sprinklers is too easy and the killer wail nets even more kills and covers bases. Before that I used the Squiffer because it's easy to charge and kill with, unfortunately for me it's a bit lacking in the range department and I was sick of getting killed by tiny machine guns and also being outranged by a lot of things.

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
Ever since I picked up the E-Liter, I never touched another charger.

The range is amazing, and it can easily OHKO even at half a charge, letting me easily bypass the long charge time while also having an amazing range.

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
Ridel, my old nemesis... I like using Kelp scope because a combination of range, chargetime, and specials. Baiting with sprinklers is too easy and the killer wail nets even more kills and covers bases. Before that I used the Squiffer because it's easy to charge and kill with, unfortunately for me it's a bit lacking in the range department and I was sick of getting killed by tiny machine guns and also being outranged by a lot of things.
YOU!!!!!! Sup?

PK21

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PuffleKirby21
The regular Splatterscope is my favorite, but I use the Hero Charger Replica sometimes when I feel like it.

InfiltrationFox

Inkling
Tbh I prefer the original Splatterscope for a few reasons. First off, the precision the scope gives is amazing. One of my problems with the E-liter is that it gives such great range, but I can't aim with it! I'm sitting here crossing my fingers for the E-liter 3k Scope to come out already. Secondly, I dig the Splat Bombs. One of the quirks about chargers is that you can't hurt someone unless your reticle is directly on them. On a ledge, this makes it hard for me to snipe anyone directly below me. The bombs are useful, because I can just toss one down. For the special, I feel Killer Wail and Bomb Rush are pretty interchangeable. They do practically the same thing, secure an area, but Killer Wail doesn't spread ink and that's a deal breaker for me.

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
Kelp Splat Charger. Sprinkler is best sub in game, and the fact that I can rush down the enemy base is so fun to me. I tried other Chargers, but they simply don't have the right touch when it comes to rush down that the Kelp gives ya, great range, charge time, and the right equipment.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Kelp and original. Kelp because of it's awesome sub and regular for it's awesome special. Both of which basically are ink covering amazingness.

The sprinkler is good because of it's constant ink spraying and the fact the opponents have to pay attention to it.

Bomb Rush is good because it is pure chaos that the opponent can't properly react to while it is just making ink go everywhere.

Not to mention I use the hero replica for the original charger and it just looks cool.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
I don't know if I'd say I'm a charger player, because out of all of them I use mostly the New Squiffer, but yeah, the New Squiffer is my favorite.
The short charge time gives you quicker one-shot splats, even if the Squiffer does have range issues.

Also, I'm surprised people seem to like the Classic over the New Squiffer? I can understand the special, but I think the subweapon makes up for that.
Most people tend to get that chargers are bad at frontal attacks so you can lay down a mine and bait them over it.
That or revenge splats if they get you first.

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
I´ve been using the Kelp Charger a lot (no scope): the versatility of the sprinklers allows for a lot of different tricks and Killer Wail is great to deny turf to enemies, to set up kills, to make team pushes through strongly defended chokepoints, or to snipe from the other end of the map through a million walls in an unexpected angle :)

However lately I´ve started using the Elite 3K, there are more chargers in the A ranks and the extra range of the Elite is needed to not always be at a disadvantage. Bombs are great for close surprise encounters and the Echolocator is perfect for sniping unsuspecting enemies or to watch your back when in a tight sniping spot. I haven´t tried the one with Kraken and beacons as I see no real use for these: in most maps I hold a somewhat "safe" area so my teammates can jump to me without the need of a beacon. The Kraken will only be used for close fights (the normal Elite already has bombs for this); if you use it to get into the hot zone with it you´ll have a big problem once it ends and you are left there with your slow weapon. I can see them being useful in some maps however (Saltspray Rig and maybe Port Mackerel come to mind). Building meter with a charger is a slow process unless you have sprinklers, so once you do you may be holding to your Kraken waiting for a good chance to use it and only be able to do so once in a match, while it´s almost never a bad time to use the Echolocator.

BTW, I use gear which favors Ink Recovery, Main Weapon Ink Efficiency and Ink Resistance UP as main perks, with more ink recoveries and some damage Ups as subs.

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
I'm definitely not the best with chargers, but I like to use the Kelp Splatterscope. I was debating whether I should get one with or without the scope, but I guess the scope just won out. I love the sprinkler and Killer Wail it comes with!

Besides that, I've used the E-Liter 3K because of the insane strength and distance traveled!

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I'm fairly new to chargers, I've just got comfortable using most guns actually as I spent the first few weeks as solely using the Krak-On roller. It wasn't until I got my amiibo and beat story mode with a gun and a charger that I started branching out to other weapons. So far I am loving the Kelp splatterscope I like having the scope to help with aim and the sprinkler is key in keeping enemies away from getting too close.

I've tried E-liters but I am not very good with them, I feel like your aim has to be on point.

Overall I am so-so using the chargers but hoping to get better at using them so I'm just dead weight on a team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom