• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Colossal Changes for Urchin Underpass - New Map Overhaul!

Do you like Urchin Underpass's new look?

• So fresh!

Votes: 107 79.9%
  • Kinda stale...

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • I prefer the old map!

Votes: 22 16.4%
  • I don't even like this map either way...

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Thanks to the technicians and interns over at Splatoon HQ, the map that started it all is getting a major rehaul a few months following launch.

Some changes include a different location for the base trees, opened-up chokepoints and mid, and different side-path structures.

You can check out a full tour of the new map with the help of a new video from GameXplain:

TheRapture

Comments

In the old version it was so hard to make a comeback furthermore the thin pathways didn't help either against ranged weapons or rollers. This is so much better now.

Will they remodel Arowana mall next? I barely dislike most of the stages but Arowana is just too hard with no hallways to flank or simply get to the middle safer.

In the old version it was so hard to make a comeback furthermore the thin pathways didn't help either against ranged weapons or rollers. This is so much better now.

Will they remodel Arowana mall next? I barely dislike most of the stages but Arowana is just too hard with no hallways to flank or simply get to the middle safer.
I remember reading on the Japanese Splatoon twitter that Arowana would be changed though I don't think it will happen right away with the new update.

I'm definitely okay with these changes, the course looks better now IMO. Though I never really had a problem with the stage. I'm curious to see how Arowana will be changed, if it happens.

I liked the old urchin underpass, it was my favourite stage from the first 5 so it sucks that it's getting changed. I'm not saying the new version will be bad, but I rather have them make two versions and both be playable than just "updating" one and R.I.P. to the old one. I can see this becoming a problem if the changes will make some maps worse, and I just don't like devs tinkering with the stuff I already had anyway

I want to see a way to get on the freight containers in port mackerel easier for all modes- You can't even get up there in SplatZones and you can only get up there if the tower is passing by and you control the tower. They put a lot of nooks and crannies up there but they are unusable in most situations. On the cement wall maybe they should remove that lip on those small little pieces you can stand on. (The mid section has these really small ledges on the side where you can stand on and place squid beakons or use a charger at.

I'm late to this discussion, but the map is pretty much a completely different map from the original once you leave the spawn area. It also feels like it now has a level of thought and detail put into it that the other maps don't have, which leads me to agree that it is the first step in updating/"improving" multiple maps. I still like the original version, but since it now feels like a different map anyway, it's not so bad once you get used to it.

This new version is amazing. The old version felt awkward and small, like I downloaded the lite version of an app. The new version has so many entrances and there are plenty of routes and vantage points to take.

The new Underpass is a great map for running around with the Octobrush, especially with all the small ramps in the center area. I approve of the change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom