Competitve Splatoon and spectators.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
I would enjoy LAN. There is just something more peaceful about hooking up a cable to someones elses console that makes me feel... a connection. ;)

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
LAN would be good, but for it to thrive as a competitive (and spectator) game it needs good online (+ spectator mode). Splatoon isn't smash bros. It can't thrive solely on local play.

SlimyQuagsire

Pro Squid
NNID
SlimyQuagsire
It really depends a good deal on both and I hope Ninty doesn't do us dirty on both. It's a large amount of wishing involved but, even in the worst case scenario, just gotta push to make things happen.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
LAN would be good, but for it to thrive as a competitive (and spectator) game it needs good online (+ spectator mode). Splatoon isn't smash bros. It can't thrive solely on local play.
However, offline play is the only way big tournaments are done.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
This game would be perfect for spectators. I also GREATLY think this game would greatly increase in player base if we were able to stream tournaments easily. The game is just so fun, so unique, requires strategy, has a lot of variety. That said we would benefit so much with LAN, spectator mode, and a way to get any account's gear (with their abilities) onto another wii U. The third one is just wishful thinking, but I think if we had the first 2 Splatoon would get huge. It'd make it easy for big tournaments to be held, and more tournaments to be held (cuz you would only need one capture card).

I actually don't know what would be better for the viewers, splatzone, tower defense, or rainmaker. They all seem pretty great. I think splatzone and rainmaker may be better tho IMO, because Idk how people would appreciate the that teams are shooting at a moving tower (of course I'm grossly generalizing it, but I do think new viewers are going to view it like that).

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
One thing about getting an accounts gear, if you have a disk version (like me), would you have to bring the entire WiiU or just the disk (or maybe a data card)? Just wondering.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
Abilities will complicate things. God forbid, someone stole your console at an event or something.

D

Deleted Member

As it stands right now, this game is not viable for tournament play. It doesn't have LAN. It doesn't have a spectator mode. It doesn't have good offline multiplayer.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
As far as we know, they will not be adding LAN or Spectator mode in august. Yes, it will allow us that have the beginnings of competitive play and online tourneys, but we will not be able to stream them nor have LAN tournaments

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
I don't think we really need spectator mode. Some COD streams just have an indivual player streaming from his own viewpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom