• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

CoroCoro is producing an animated Web Series!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Ah so you were right about it being like uhh... not animation. Just you know, the manga but with color and voice acting with sound effects and music. It does have a bit of animation. I'll have to watch this a few times to make my opinion.
It's as I suspected it was going to be, yeah. I would have preferred full blown animation over Manga frames with motion tweening (ugh....) but I'll take what we have.

The Colors are fantastic regardless, and the voice acting is great- Rider sounds just as I thought he would in my head so I cant help but be amused. The rest of the gang sounds great also.

The next episode is going to be "Army", so we better prepare the Curry...

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
It's as I suspected it was going to be, yeah. I would have preferred full blown animation over Manga frames with motion tweening (ugh....) but I'll take what we have.

The Colors are fantastic regardless, and the voice acting is great- Rider sounds just as I thought he would in my head so I cant help but be amused. The rest of the gang sounds great also.

The next episode is going to be "Army", so we better prepare the Curry...
Yea I would have also preferred animation over the Manga frames. I also agree with the colors being amazing, the voice acting is pretty great. I'm pretty excited for it but I don't now why (this might offend some people) but this feels like that Fan Splatoon 2 manga dub but with colors, and more effects.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I'm pretty excited for it but I don't now why (this might offend some people) but this feels like that Fan Splatoon 2 manga dub but with colors, and more effects.
And less memes. Not that it hurts, hahah.

But I think its a compliment if anything for both the official and unofficial dub, so it works out.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
...You have very peculiar expectations...
Not sure how its peculiar to have a head canon of how a character from a manga sounds...unless you meant by something else?

Regardless, just felt the voice was fitting.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
That tweening animation killed me. It's good, but Rider-Kun, stop being such a swag, come on! And, yup, yup, had the same idea that he had that voice.

Oka Chokka

Inkster Jr.
Not sure how its peculiar to have a head canon of how a character from a manga sounds...unless you meant by something else?

Regardless, just felt the voice was fitting.
I thought it was the opposite of fitting. We're talking about a character who should be around age 14 to 17, and we already have an idea of how Inklings sound thanks to the game's voice clips, and yet this guy sounds like he should be 25+ years old with a chiseled body and an attitude that would realistically think Ink Battles are childish. It almost sounds like they cast the voice actor for the role as a joke. I could not, for the life of me, take him seriously.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I thought it was the opposite of fitting. We're talking about a character who should be around age 14 to 17, and we already have an idea of how Inklings sound thanks to the game's voice clips, and yet this guy sounds like he should be 25+ years old with a chiseled body and an attitude that would realistically think Ink Battles are childish. It almost sounds like they cast the voice actor for the role as a joke. I could not, for the life of me, take him seriously.
I think you hit it on the nose without realizing..."It almost sounds like they cast the voice actor for the role as a joke."

This is a comedy based Manga. Its always been its main theme. Things that make no logical sense have the tendency to happen in the series. So Rider having this oddly older sounding voice is a bit amusing in itself due to the fact. Your not supposed to take him or anyone else seriously. And even if you did- there are some young people that do infact have older sounding voices. Its uncommon and a bit rare obviously, but not out of question.

That said, I think its best just to enjoy the animation for what it is. But you have your right to dislike a voice and it's perfectly fine. Nothing bad on liking it either, though.

On a side note, there was a interview with the voice cast...its linked in this tweet. But its all in Japanese so most of us wont know whats being said. But it does show more pictures of said cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom