1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Critique My Gear

Discussion in 'Competitive Discussion' started by ThatOneGuy, Oct 19, 2017.

1. blep

blep Inkster Jr.

welp...

that's good to hear. but I still like to keep it in mind.

I know. I know. ...I still like Tenacity but fine. I guess I'll look into SCU. What are your thoughts on Tenacity anyway? Does it have use at all or is it just that bad? I kinda like it but I think I feel your hate for it through my laptop~

yes you talked about BDU and SS and thank you again~. and that's a main of IR not a pure but thanks for the feedback~!

yes. I know h3d and rb are midliners but honestly this is solo queue we're talking about here. Did I say they were backliners or that I was a backliner? Idek. I like chargers tho~ but we tend to congregate in Turf War in VERY LARGE NUMBERS UNFORTUNATELY resulting in as many as FIVE per lobby on a REGULAR BASIS. AAAAAAA

2. blep

blep Inkster Jr.

Heavy Splatling w/ Object Shredder 1

HS w/o OS 1

HS w/ OS 2

I don't have the AHR so I'll use gas mask instead but that's not related

3. blep

blep Inkster Jr.

a zimi meme build because why not

4. rthprty

rthprty Inkling

NNID:
    overpants
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2535-7455-0220
    Just a general kit that I'm using, it's been great with my mini splatling so far.

Attached Files:

5. Stardust

Stardust Senior Squid

Hey, I modified my Kensamo kit! Is there anything I should change, what would be recommended?

Studio Headphones - Main Power Up 2 subs of Special Power Up and 1 sub of Quick Respawn
    Short Knit Layers - Main Saver 2 subs of Main Saver 1 sub of Quick Respawn
    Arrow Pull-ons - Main Saver 2 subs of Main Saver 1 sub of Special Saver

I don't have a picture, sorry!

6. paulio

paulio Inkling

i play carbon roller deco, what do you guys think of it?

7. Clae

Clae Inkling

NNID:
    Clorox64
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3276-8211-9330
    Hey guys, I'm using .52 Gal with this loadout, what do guys think?

I'm currently level 17, just started a week ago, thinking to go climb the rank with this.

Should I change anything?

Attached Files:

8. TentacleCat

TentacleCat Inkling

Hello, fresh new user here and I'd like a veteran's perspective on this build for a Slosher Deco. Just an additional info, I don't play that aggressively nor that too much of a support. I go in when I can and take extra precautions when splatting, ergo, my second slosh is after swimming to a different position.

[​IMG]

9. Coolpic783

Coolpic783 Inkling

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3246-6392-6809
  10. Coolpic783

Coolpic783 Inkling

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3246-6392-6809
    I'm seeing a big emphasis on getting your Baller super quickly and having a lot of mobility in-between sloshes. It might help to point out that Special Power Up simply will increase the durability of the Baller and size of the explosion.

11. Coolpic783

Coolpic783 Inkling

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3246-6392-6809
    Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 1.18.30 PM.png
    I had been grinding for other abilities, but this has been working for me. Any tips?

12. crows

crows Inkling

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6103-0887-9214
    I've got two loadouts I'd like feedback on, for wildly different weapons and playstyles.

DAPPLE DUALIES NOUVEAU
    SEASHELL BAMBOO HAT: SPECIAL POWER UP [QUICK SUPER JUMP, SWIM SPEED UP, SUB POWER UP]
    OCTOKING HK JERSEY: SPECIAL CHARGE UP [SWIM SPEED UP, SPECIAL SAVER, INK SAVER SUB]
    GREEN RAIN BOOTS: STEALTH JUMP [INK RESISTANCE UP, INK SAVER SUB, SPECIAL SAVER]
    This setup is mostly optimized for Turf War and Rainmaker game modes. The primary job is moving forward quickly and getting early splats to allow the rest of the team to secure stage control. Throughout the rest of the match, it functions as an anti-flank slayer and frontliner. The kit allows for mass area control, with toxic mist deterring enemies from specific points and inkstorm providing pressure to much wider areas of the map. In certain modes, such as Clam Blitz, the weapon also functions to draw opponents away from key points, allowing other members of the team to make stealthy pushes.

CUSTOM HYDRA SPLATLING
    KING FLIP MESH: RUN SPEED UP [INK SAVER MAIN, BOMB DEFENSE UP, RUN SPEED UP]
    NAVY EMINENCE JACKET: RESPAWN PUNISHER [SUB POWER UP, SPECIAL CHARGE UP, SPECIAL CHARGE UP]
    ANGRY RAIN BOOTS: MAIN POWER UP [INK SAVER MAIN, INK SAVER MAIN, INK RESISTANCE UP]
    This setup is optimized for Tower Control, Splat Zones, and Turf War - any mode where mobility is not of the essence. It can also function decently in Rainmaker, but it greatly suffers in Clam Blitz. The primary job is usually to complete prevent enemies from entering a certain area of the map, such as Zones or the clam basket. It can also serve as an anchor. The Ink Mines are intended to serve as alarms against flankers or opponents approaching the Hydra's current perch. The Ink Armor, while useful for protecting the Hydra and supporting team mates, is primarily used for refilling the user's ink tank. With the current amount of special charge up, the special meter is usually filled around the same time that the ink tank runs out (assuming most shots hit uninked turf).

#112 crows, Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019