• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Critique My Gear

blep

Inkster Jr.
welp...

that's good to hear. but I still like to keep it in mind.

I know. I know. ...I still like Tenacity but fine. I guess I'll look into SCU. What are your thoughts on Tenacity anyway? Does it have use at all or is it just that bad? I kinda like it but I think I feel your hate for it through my laptop~

yes you talked about BDU and SS and thank you again~. and that's a main of IR not a pure but thanks for the feedback~!

yes. I know h3d and rb are midliners but honestly this is solo queue we're talking about here. Did I say they were backliners or that I was a backliner? Idek. I like chargers tho~ but we tend to congregate in Turf War in VERY LARGE NUMBERS UNFORTUNATELY resulting in as many as FIVE per lobby on a REGULAR BASIS. AAAAAAA

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
Hey, I modified my Kensamo kit! Is there anything I should change, what would be recommended?

Studio Headphones - Main Power Up 2 subs of Special Power Up and 1 sub of Quick Respawn
Short Knit Layers - Main Saver 2 subs of Main Saver 1 sub of Quick Respawn
Arrow Pull-ons - Main Saver 2 subs of Main Saver 1 sub of Special Saver

I don't have a picture, sorry!

paulio

Inkling
Since I saw that there weren't any official threads for rating gear builds for S2, and that I've seen loads of individual posts saying "Should I use 'x' ability or 'y' ability on this weapon". So, if anyone is confused, just post your gear build in this thread and we'll help you improve it.

Just some guidelines before we get started:
1.Please show gear builds to splatoon 2 weapons only.
Sorry for all you old school players out there, but this thread is going to try and focus on splatoon 2. So hopefully I don't see builds with 3 mains and 9 subs of damage up here.

2. Be kind and respectful to everyone wanting criticism.
Please don't insult others because they have an ability that isn't to your preference. Just don't say:
"ur a newb becuz u used "x" ability instead of "z" ability, u ****"

3. Be willing to accept criticism.
For people posting gear here, please don't reject every offer given to you. It defeats the purpose of you showing your gear anyway.

With all of the boring rules out of the way, I'll give an example for someone to critique on.
View attachment 5729

Here's just a screenshot from Loadout.ink , which is pretty useful for planning out gear builds, and it helps you picture what abilities would go where.

So without further ado, if you have a comment for me, or want comments on your own build, post them in the thread. Thanks for hearing me ramble, and have a nice day.​
i play carbon roller deco, what do you guys think of it?

Clae

Inkling
NNID
Clorox64
Switch Friend Code
SW-3276-8211-9330
Hey guys, I'm using .52 Gal with this loadout, what do guys think?

I'm currently level 17, just started a week ago, thinking to go climb the rank with this.

Should I change anything?

Attachments

TentacleCat

Inkling
Hello, fresh new user here and I'd like a veteran's perspective on this build for a Slosher Deco. Just an additional info, I don't play that aggressively nor that too much of a support. I go in when I can and take extra precautions when splatting, ergo, my second slosh is after swimming to a different position.

Coolpic783

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3246-6392-6809
Hello, fresh new user here and I'd like a veteran's perspective on this build for a Slosher Deco. Just an additional info, I don't play that aggressively nor that too much of a support. I go in when I can and take extra precautions when splatting, ergo, my second slosh is after swimming to a different position.

I'm seeing a big emphasis on getting your Baller super quickly and having a lot of mobility in-between sloshes. It might help to point out that Special Power Up simply will increase the durability of the Baller and size of the explosion.

Coolpic783

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3246-6392-6809
Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 1.18.30 PM.png

I had been grinding for other abilities, but this has been working for me. Any tips?

crows

Inkster Jr.
Premium
Pronouns
they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6103-0887-9214
I've got two loadouts I'd like feedback on, for wildly different weapons and playstyles.

DAPPLE DUALIES NOUVEAU
SEASHELL BAMBOO HAT: SPECIAL POWER UP [QUICK SUPER JUMP, SWIM SPEED UP, SUB POWER UP]
OCTOKING HK JERSEY: SPECIAL CHARGE UP [SWIM SPEED UP, SPECIAL SAVER, INK SAVER SUB]
GREEN RAIN BOOTS: STEALTH JUMP [INK RESISTANCE UP, INK SAVER SUB, SPECIAL SAVER]
This setup is mostly optimized for Turf War and Rainmaker game modes. The primary job is moving forward quickly and getting early splats to allow the rest of the team to secure stage control. Throughout the rest of the match, it functions as an anti-flank slayer and frontliner. The kit allows for mass area control, with toxic mist deterring enemies from specific points and inkstorm providing pressure to much wider areas of the map. In certain modes, such as Clam Blitz, the weapon also functions to draw opponents away from key points, allowing other members of the team to make stealthy pushes.

CUSTOM HYDRA SPLATLING
KING FLIP MESH: RUN SPEED UP [INK SAVER MAIN, BOMB DEFENSE UP, RUN SPEED UP]
NAVY EMINENCE JACKET: RESPAWN PUNISHER [SUB POWER UP, SPECIAL CHARGE UP, SPECIAL CHARGE UP]
ANGRY RAIN BOOTS: MAIN POWER UP [INK SAVER MAIN, INK SAVER MAIN, INK RESISTANCE UP]
This setup is optimized for Tower Control, Splat Zones, and Turf War - any mode where mobility is not of the essence. It can also function decently in Rainmaker, but it greatly suffers in Clam Blitz. The primary job is usually to complete prevent enemies from entering a certain area of the map, such as Zones or the clam basket. It can also serve as an anchor. The Ink Mines are intended to serve as alarms against flankers or opponents approaching the Hydra's current perch. The Ink Armor, while useful for protecting the Hydra and supporting team mates, is primarily used for refilling the user's ink tank. With the current amount of special charge up, the special meter is usually filled around the same time that the ink tank runs out (assuming most shots hit uninked turf).

Last edited:

Mio Man X

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2601-3391-3923
I've been testing out a support loadout for the .96 Gal designed to abuse Ink Armor as frequently as possible. I read about it on Splatoon Amino and I'm just wondering if it's optimized or not. I've had some decent success with it in Turf War battles, but I don't really know if it's great for anything besides that. I feel like it would probably be good in Tower Control and Splat Zones, but that remains to be seen. Anyone have any criticism to give?

MeNaCe

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0681-1638-5020
The only criticism I have is probably have one sub of ink resistance up, and one of fast super jump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom