• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

CuteFish's COMPETITVE Weapon Tier List: Based on Tournaments

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
It isn't bad, don't worry. Now that I play it I think that it is a great weapon. This entire list is made by elitist people who wont look at anybody elses opinions and even try reasoning with other people, so I suggest sitting back and watching everybody else start to walk on a road that leads nowhere.
What do you mean by elitist? In a lot of games that I play, I see that word thrown around a lot. People say it an MMO I play when they kicked for a reason, even when they have such low attack that they literally do 1 damage per hit to the boss. Is it just a word thrown around for the sake of it, or does it actually have some context? I believe in tier categories (viable, semi-viable, and un-viable), and many others do, and I've seen people here re-write their lists because of people's replies, and I know I take what other people say into consideration.
tl;dr Just because someone believes something sucks doesn't mean that they're an elitist, you likely just haven't presented any solid proof that can't be easily countered.

I think Heavy Splatling will rise, since it has a sub that matches it really well and a decent special, but it is very hard to use.
Mini Splatling will go down since it's really just a less mobile tentatek with a charge up time in exchange for a bit more range.
Aerospray MG will rise at least to semi-viable since it's an alright weapon and I think it's mostly just stereotypes that make it so low.
Krak-on will fall since kraken can be pinballed really easily, even by carbon rollers somehow. I think they are almost like bubbled inkbrushes that can't flick.
Regular .96 Gal will rise.
Rapid Blaster will fall off the face of the planet. Just end it already.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
What do you mean by elitist? In a lot of games that I play, I see that word thrown around a lot. People say it an MMO I play when they kicked for a reason, even when they have such low attack that they literally do 1 damage per hit to the boss. Is it just a word thrown around for the sake of it, or does it actually have some context? I believe in tier categories (viable, semi-viable, and un-viable), and many others do, and I've seen people here re-write their lists because of people's replies, and I know I take what other people say into consideration.
tl;dr Just because someone believes something sucks doesn't mean that they're an elitist, you likely just haven't presented any solid proof that can't be easily countered.

I think Heavy Splatling will rise, since it has a sub that matches it really well and a decent special, but it is very hard to use.
Mini Splatling will go down since it's really just a less mobile tentatek with a charge up time in exchange for a bit more range.
Aerospray MG will rise at least to semi-viable since it's an alright weapon and I think it's mostly just stereotypes that make it so low.
Krak-on will fall since kraken can be pinballed really easily, even by carbon rollers somehow. I think they are almost like bubbled inkbrushes that can't flick.
Regular .96 Gal will rise.
Rapid Blaster will fall off the face of the planet. Just end it already.
Wow, I think you wasted ten minutes writing a block of text tbh.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
I'm just genuinely curious as to why so many people throw around the word "elitist" here.
Please stop provoking me. I am trying not to respond to people who misunderstood the message I was giving. Nothing against your character as a human being (which is lovely, I am sure), but I just am not going to try to explain it :/

Joy

Data Nerd
Premium
NNID
joythegreat
I just don't see how it's arguable that scoped variants are objectively superior when the drawback of (temporarily) lower FOV is almost entirely mitigated by using gamesense. Using earphones and proper communication should mean the lack of visibility when charged is a slight annoyance at best.

Last edited:

Power

Inkling Commander
I just don't see how it's arguable that scoped variants are objectively superior when the drawback of (temporarily) lower FOV is almost entirely mitigated by using gamesense. Using earphones and proper communication should mean the lack of visibility when charged is a slight annoyance at best.
Agreed, shouldnt be staying in scoped position very long either way. Also, you will get used to aiming with mid zoom, no zoom and full zoom eventually. (If you stick with it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom