• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Disney Infinity is getting Fresh too, it seems

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
How should I react to this? First, Nintendo partnered up with Activision for Skylanders, and now this? I think they're just making friends out of their biggest competitors. This can be a good thing or a bad thing, it's really up to you.

Edit: In other words:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Can you imagine being a game developer at Disney Infinity who loves the hell out of Splatoon and suddenly hear you're going to work on this hackjob?

That must be like the most depressing thing in the world.

Also i don't think it really counts as inking when you're really coloring titles, sheesh. This is genuinely making me angry.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
As long as Nintendo is getting money out of this (I hope), I'm happy.
I'm sorry, what? You do know that Disney did this most likely without Nintendo's permission, right? I get if you'd play it, that's fine. But if Disney is told to take it down, you'll be without 'Squid Wars'.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
I'm sorry, what? You do know that Disney did this most likely without Nintendo's permission, right? I get if you'd play it, that's fine. But if Disney is told to take it down, you'll be without 'Squid Wars'.
I just watched the video now, and your right. It's very poorly done, Nintendo probably never would have allowed them to do it, and that's a blatant rip off of AM.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
If you guys are looking for footage...

(Just a lil fiy, it might not contain squids)

Wi-fi Calcium

Inkster Jr.
NNID
gabby14
Is there any reason to be so blatant... because it is insultingly blatant. Why did they have to name it Squid Wars? There isn't any squid in the game. They even say "call yourself the squidiest kid on the block".

If it's a homage or parody they didn't execute it well because it's so obvious and on target what they are referencing is Splatoon and in that way it seems like ripping-off than making homage to them. If they were trying to make a shoutout to Nintendo amid negotiations with them to form partnership it is a huge embarrassment or maybe they could be outright telling them no to it.

I don't know I just might preorder Lego Universe because of this.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I highly enjoy how you can only ink the walls. also the above post basically explains my opinion on the whole piece of crap of a 'homage'.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
It doesn't look great, but the fact that people are getting legitimately angry and upset over this is ridiculous.

My god. Calm down.
Well, I cannot speak for anyone else. But I am more disappointed than anything. Trust me, I'm upset but I'm not going to rage. I know Nintendo will be all over Disney for this one, so I'll be laughing before this ends.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon

Since the video won't load, i've put it here.

...I'm still confused, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom