• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Disney Infinity is getting Fresh too, it seems

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
Well, I cannot speak for anyone else. But I am more disappointed than anything. Trust me, I'm upset but I'm not going to rage. I know Nintendo will be all over Disney for this one, so I'll be laughing before this ends.
I don't see why Nintendo should go after this. It's free. You don't have to pay for it. The whole point of Disney Infinity is to create stuff, and that can include replicas of other stuff.

It's not going to compete with Splatoon at all. It's not meant to. It's just a little homage to it. Hell, if I worked at Nintendo, I'd probably like the idea that someone like Splatoon so much they recreated it in a sandbox game.

Wi-fi Calcium

Inkster Jr.
NNID
gabby14
I admit I went a little too far with the Lego Dimensions(I forgot the name change) thing (though that game looks good too though.). It's definitely something that feels unnecessary, since Disney Infinity 3.0 has a lot of decent new content. For certain it doesn't make that game look any better because of how poorly executed it appears.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I don't see why Nintendo should go after this. It's free. You don't have to pay for it. The whole point of Disney Infinity is to create stuff, and that can include replicas of other stuff.

It's not going to compete with Splatoon at all. It's not meant to. It's just a little homage to it. Hell, if I worked at Nintendo, I'd probably like the idea that someone like Splatoon so much they recreated it in a sandbox game.
The issue is that it's a direct rip-off, homage or nor. The description doesn't make it any better, not to mention the almost perfect copy of a Splatoon map. If they had permission from Nintendo, it'd be not a huge deal. It's more likely that it was made without Nintendo's consent and that, my friend, is why suing them will be the most logical course of action. Not to mention that they claim it's their own original creation.

If you know you'd like the game, that's fine. I'm not going to hate on you. It's just the fact that if Nintendo sues and is successful, the game will be taken down. If there is some legal permission, Disney will get to keep it. I'd not hold my breath on the latter, however.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
My question is: is this a real feature being added by the game developers or a mod made by someone? The fact that the map in the video is exactly like Arowana Mall makes me doubious (I don't think Disney is that dumb to copy-paste Splatoon like that)

Wi-fi Calcium

Inkster Jr.
NNID
gabby14
You are right. This isn't the first time Disney has done this. This will most certainly not be their last time either.
I'm doubtful Nintendo would be that furious over this to the point of suing Disney. I've already stated my opinion on this and I don't feel the need to add more commentary.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin

You're welcome.
Yep. Nintendo is defiantly going to sue this. There is NO mention of the game it's copying. All they say is "There's a turf war in Tri-City."

I'm doubtful Nintendo would be that furious over this to the point of suing Disney. I've already stated my opinion on this and I don't feel the need to add more commentary.

It's not a factor of furiousness. It's a factor of legality. Disney pretty much gave Nintendo the figurative middle finger with the 'Squid Wars' game. There is honestly no arguing it when it obviously a rip off. Look at the video for it and you'll see that it's map is a direct rip from Arowana Mall.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Now I'm scared to see what will happen to Star Wars :confused:
The Star Wars movie will be fine. There is a huge difference between Disney Gaming and Disney Movies. From what I heard, all, if not most, of the cast of the previous Star Wars films will be in it.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Here is the story of how this abomination came to be.

First guy: "Okay guys, Nintendo has been making a lot of money off of a game with Japanese squid girls who hang out at a mall shooting ink at people and becoming squids. I say we take the idea and give no mention to Nintendo, but blatantly rip text from the game. Nintendo fans will love us!"
Second guy: "Genius! Let's watch Let's Plays of it and take notes!"
Woman: "We'll be rich!"

Splatoon fans:

Also, before anyone asks, yes, this was made in the format of a cheesy miiverse post.

Last edited:

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Starring:

Anna and Elsa as the Squid Sisters
Randel as Sean
Groot and Rocket Raccoon as Annie and Moe
Phineas as Sheldon
Yoda as Capn Cuttlefish
Stitch as Judd
Sadness as Jelonzo

(I only glimpsed quickly at the roster of playable characters and did not really care who fitted what)

SalsaSavant

Full Squid
Wow, people are really overreacting to this.
This is a homage. It's not competing, the quality is too low. It's meant as a compliment, and any lawsuit would be scummy. Recreating the map exactly might of been a bit far, but I doubt anyone thinks they're losing money/is offended by this.

Also...

If you guys are looking for footage...

(Just a lil fiy, it might not contain squids)
You forgot to mark the Gitchi Gitchi Goo warning. Now that song is going to be in my head for days...unmarked Gitchi Gitchi Goo should be a bannable offense!

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
The issue is that it's a direct rip-off, homage or nor. The description doesn't make it any better, not to mention the almost perfect copy of a Splatoon map. If they had permission from Nintendo, it'd be not a huge deal. It's more likely that it was made without Nintendo's consent and that, my friend, is why suing them will be the most logical course of action. Not to mention that they claim it's their own original creation.

If you know you'd like the game, that's fine. I'm not going to hate on you. It's just the fact that if Nintendo sues and is successful, the game will be taken down. If there is some legal permission, Disney will get to keep it. I'd not hold my breath on the latter, however.
I don't think you realize that Disney lawyers could curb stomp Nintendo. Nintendo isn't going to file frivolous litigation and spend major $$$ in an international court case with Disney of all entities. Not to mention make an enemy of Disney (which includes ABC, ESPN (especially with the growing interest in esports broadcasting), Marvel, LucasFilms, etc). It looks nothing like Splatoon, doesn't even make likeness of the characters. The elements of the concept that Disney did copy are small enough to protect them from any liability, especially since they aren't making money on it.

The game is crappy don't get me wrong but fanbois please calm down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom