• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Do you guys punish people who super jump?

Do you punish Super Jumpers

• Yes

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Haven't tried it yet

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Well... If you don't do this... Why play the game?

GreyRam

Inkling
NNID
Aouzy-Hitsuji
I manage to roll people before they have a chance to.

Life

Senior Squid
This is why IMO stealth super jump is a very important perk to have and will be really common in high level play.

My current build has SSJ and two QSJ so I can rescue people pretty decently. Hopefully in the future I can get a third QSJ to complete it (maybe some defense too, game's tricky). This is with the 52 BTW, which burns health bars ridiculously fast and takes good advantage of the element of surprise.

Kebab

Full Squid
Yeah I do it all the time it's something that everyone does

When I see someone there and I have the Kraken on I just wait until they land haha

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Nope I let them safely jump in. They usually thank me with some globs of ink. Ppl are so nice.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Yeah, I pretty much try to flush out Super Jumpers when they land, though if they've got back-up lurking around the corner (like say someone coming from behind me or otherwise protecting the general area) I end up having to deal with them first.

That said, I also get my share of getting splatted at the end of my Super Jump, usually when the teammate I'm heading to gets wrecked first. If I get destroyed after multiple Super Jumps, then I'd definitely take the slow route to hopefully ruin them.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Opponent does something punishable, you punish it. Why the hell wouldn't you?

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
People always talk about people failing at super jumping, but its a tactic/play that can make or break your round. If it pays off you are back in the action fast to support your teams cause. If you fail you have given away a free kill and more time not in the game. The stealth jump and squid beacons are the easiest ways to pull it off semi safe. I really think about the state of the round and where my team mates are before jumping. There are occasions when you should jump regardless. You are pushing the tower, maybe in overtime or you really need to push it that little more and almost all of your team is on it. Anyway if I see someone super jumping I will go out of my way to wait for it. Once I was fighting a guy for 10 seconds and still ended up killing the jumper first.

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
Pretty much, lol. That's why I'm usually cautious with super jumping to my team mates and when I do get splatted, I'll re spawn and go back to cover up what the enemy team got.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
Infact when I super jump (stealth) I likely know whats happening in that area even when there will be enemies. I practice my landings and getting my direction fast to be facing the enemy. Its an art.

くコ:彡 - ROXY

Senior Squid
NNID
Spamus
guilty as charge, i do it all the time
but it's all fun and games until you realize the jumper is loading up a roller splat and you get punished

kiwi_tea

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kiwi_tea
A lot of people don't think about where they are jumping to. If they're jumping on the front lines without stealth jump, they're asking to die. Sometimes I will jump to a sniper on a safe perch who looks to be safe for a 10+ seconds. Mostly I just swim to the point I want to be, and avoid super jumping altogether. People who jump will be punished. I punish them. And they'll learn not to do it. I'm constantly amazed at people without stealth jump jumping to me when I'm engaging an enemy and trying to hide. Not only have they probably killed me, they're going to die the moment they land.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
Uh, Yes. They made the decision to go to a risky position. Super Jumping should always be done with thought. Unless your with stealth jump or the timer is running out super jumping to a place with lots of conflict is incredibly risky. In good rooms no one is going to let you just live after super jumping.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
A lot of people don't think about where they are jumping to. If they're jumping on the front lines without stealth jump, they're asking to die. Sometimes I will jump to a sniper on a safe perch who looks to be safe for a 10+ seconds. Mostly I just swim to the point I want to be, and avoid super jumping altogether. People who jump will be punished. I punish them. And they'll learn not to do it. I'm constantly amazed at people without stealth jump jumping to me when I'm engaging an enemy and trying to hide. Not only have they probably killed me, they're going to die the moment they land.
If you are hiding and they are unaware. They might try to kill your teammate coming and you can ambush them inturn before he lands. Works both ways.

DWK

Inkling
NNID
danceswithkoopas
So I'm the only one who waits around and extends an offer of friendship to any enemy who super jumps to my location? I wondered why they always turn it down and kill me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom