• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Do you guys punish people who super jump?

Do you punish Super Jumpers

• Yes

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Haven't tried it yet

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
On the topic of punishing super jumps, this is why I have Recon as an ability, so I can see if I'm going to jump into a miniature war.
Never thought of the ability that way. Makes me reconsider its usefulness.

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
I love it when two people jump to one guy, and then you get a triple.
That happened to me in tower control yesterday. I got the triple but got splatted in the process, and even though the rest of my team was up, none of them took the tower. It just went back to neutral. I guess this belongs in the saltwater thread, but oh well.

Leo

Inkling
NNID
mkwleo
People should learn not to super jump (at least sometimes), so yeah

kiwi_tea

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kiwi_tea
I just had some idiot super jump to me right beside the enemy base on port mackerel, as I was rounding corner to go down their corridor. Needless to say my teammate immediately died. Wow.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Oh all the time. My favorite method is a suction bomb or splatterbomb on their landing spot. it's instantaneous when timed right and puts me at absolutely no risk. Even the stealth jumpers who think they can get away with anything get punished frequently because I react to their landing fast enough to get a line up on them, even though sometimes they scare the piss out of me.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Yes, getting free kills is very fun. Im always like "ok lets see how i should kill him, maybe a bomb or just shot at him~ "

Benjamin Hellcat

Inkster Jr.
NNID
H3llcat
Most definitely... earlier today i got a quick triple kill as i was aiming at one opponent and two others so politely jumped to him. I laughed.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
A lot of people don't think about where they are jumping to. If they're jumping on the front lines without stealth jump, they're asking to die. Sometimes I will jump to a sniper on a safe perch who looks to be safe for a 10+ seconds. Mostly I just swim to the point I want to be, and avoid super jumping altogether. People who jump will be punished. I punish them. And they'll learn not to do it. I'm constantly amazed at people without stealth jump jumping to me when I'm engaging an enemy and trying to hide. Not only have they probably killed me, they're going to die the moment they land.
When I see that a teammate is signaling that they're going to jump to me, I try to back up so that they'll land in a safe spot. Of course it'd be better if they were more careful about it in the first place, but part of being a team player means you gotta help out and make sure that mistakes don't get worse. Don't just sit there and let them die!

Being a good anchor is something people really need to work on, hopefully we'll start seeing that with coordinated teams in August.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Honestly if you just hop into the fray without actually checking the area you're going into for strife, you deserve to get punished.
It's always much better to jump to someone who's close to, but not in the middle of the fight as opposed to going to someone who's right in the thick of it.

This is personally why I prefer Recon to Stealth Jump, it literally lets me look before I leap, meaning I can hop to a friend who's furthest in the enemy territory knowing full well there's no opposition there to get me.

kiwi_tea

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kiwi_tea
When I see that a teammate is signaling that they're going to jump to me, I try to back up so that they'll land in a safe spot. Of course it'd be better if they were more careful about it in the first place, but part of being a team player means you gotta help out and make sure that mistakes don't get worse. Don't just sit there and let them die!

Being a good anchor is something people really need to work on, hopefully we'll start seeing that with coordinated teams in August.
Oh, absolutely, and I do try my best to secure the area for people when that's doable, but often people jump to me while I'm trying to escape being pinned down, or when I'm being hounded. If I'm on the retreat, it becomes rather difficult, and often seals your fate if you don't have plenty of turf to move about in already. It becomes a rather compounded issue because players that do this are often the same ones careless enough to allow the enemy to overwhelm the one or two decent players on the team.

Last edited:

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
Punishment for Super Jumps is a must in my book :P Of course with my luck, it's usually a Dynamo Roller incoming, and that rarely turns out well... -.-

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
Of course I do but if the person super jumping is a roller user then I'll keep my distance

Renko Maribel

Inkling
Yeah ofc! Ppl should learn not to super jump all the time. I just use the super jump to get out if i have to escape

Last edited:

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Obviously yes, but sometimes I foolishly just stop and shoot at a Super Jump marker without realizing there are still enemies nearby. My fault, I know.

Yuubi

Full Squid
I do it at every chance I can get. I love it when they do the "follow the leader" so I can splat them one by one. It also feels satisfying when your gut tells you that a roller is super jumping to where you are and start shooting them and watch them splat before they land/splash paint at you, or when you're super jumping towards an enemy and they're trying shoot at your landing spot while you're shooting at their heads and you both get splat or he/she goes splat while you land safely, but those ink mines.... gave me a new Ideal how to splat jumpers now.

Grimlai

Senior Squid
NNID
SVC_Grimlai
Do I punish super jumpers?

Oh, maliciously.

You snipe em, squish em, spray em, splat em, fun fun fun fun fun.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
Yes, but you need to be careful doing so because people can use them as bait to kill you while you are waiting for the sj.

Elbandi

Inkling
NNID
Elbandi
super jumping is an important part of strategy and people that use that poorly need to be punished

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom