• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

E3 2016 Social Thread

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Update 2: New IP is actually new! We have a genuine new Nintendo IP and they didn't bother mentioning it until an hour before they revealed it :)

It looks experimental, it's called Ever Oasis. It looks like a saccharine cute game that's a cross between Animal Crossing, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Fantasy Life, and a little Rune Factory, etc. Action RPG with a town building, and a gather/sell based economy and puzzle based action combat dungeons. It's made by yet another one of the old Squaresoft crew - it's Koichi Ishii from the SNES FF games, and directed the Mana series. He's apparently the guy that created Chocobos and Moogles.

I'm sorry Squeenix, I couldn't hear you telling me how awesome that diluted mess of FFXV is over the sound of the 3 Nintendo games made by the actual Squaresoft talent that made FF a brand....
I saw Ever Oasis(reminded me of Animal Crossing), and I think it's really cute! Give me some time and research and I'll make an OC for it.

Also-why is everyone wearing the rainbow thing on their shirt? I bet it's something obvious, but why?

Last edited:

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Wow, Yokai Watch 2. We didn't even know when/how it would come Westward. This is a real E3 presentation after all! I think Nintendo either figured out what they're doing last minute or they were trolling us the past month.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Wow, Yokai Watch 2. We didn't even know when/how it would come Westward. This is a real E3 presentation after all! I think Nintendo either figured out what they're doing last minute or they were trolling us the past month.
Maybe they wanted us to keep our hopes low to impress us or something *shrugs*
I'm not into Yokai Watch 2, so someone let me know when they move on to the next game.

Also, Nintendo better bring Color Splash to like new, actually RPG levels.

Award

Maybe they wanted us to keep our hopes low to impress us or something *shrugs*
I'm not into Yokai Watch 2, so someone let me know when they move on to the next game.

Also, Nintendo better bring Color Splash to like new, actually RPG levels.
I think everyone wants a new Thousand Year Door out of it, but To me it seems they didn't like having TWO RPG series for Mario, so they made M&L the "real" RPG and Paper Mario gets more of an experimental status. Though that doesn't make sense since Paper is from Intelligent Systems, the Fire Emblem studio. I'd LIKE to see "real RPG" but I'm expecting Sticker Star combat (which flaws aside, actually IS pretty RPG-ish - it's entirely consumable items looted or purchased), but in a less level based world, more like M&L. Maybe.

I'm fairly sure TTYD is not going to happen again. That happened because they were still trying to recreate Legend of the Seven Stars from Squaresoft before they forged their own identity with it. I also think they learned from the errors of Sticker Star. We'll see....

Still on Yokai BTW.

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
Also-why is everyone wearing the rainbow thing on their shirt? I bet it's something obvious, but why?
I'm pretty sure it's to honor the victims at the Orlando shooting from Sunday.

Ever Oasis looks okay, definitely not my type of game. I don't care about Yo-Kai so I muted the stream and started watching some Smash 64 tournaments instead, now I have no idea what they're gonna present next. :b

Monster Hunter? Maybe I should play some Splat instead...

Award

Monster Hunter Generations on now. I guess they're saving DQVII, Tokyo Mirage, and Paper Mario for last.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Monster Hunter Generations on now. I guess they're saving DQVII, Tokyo Mirage, and Paper Mario for last.
Le sigh
Let me know when it changes
I'm pretty sure it's to honor the victims at the Orlando shooting from Sunday.

Monster Hunter? Maybe I should play some Splat instead...
Yeah, I figured.

Award

I would love Monster Hunter if I didn't thoroughly suck at Monster Hunter :P Every time I try it I think "this game is so amazing with such deep options" and the weapon classing and technicality should appeal to any Splatoon enthusiast. And then I get ripped a new one by some raging bearshark thing a few dozen times and give up :p

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I would love Monster Hunter if I didn't thoroughly suck at Monster Hunter :p Every time I try it I think "this game is so amazing with such deep options" and the weapon classing and technicality should appeal to any Splatoon enthusiast. And then I get ripped a new one by some raging bearshark thing a few dozen times and give up :p
I missed it, what's coming on next?

Award

Dragon Quest VII on now.

So after this the final two have to be Tokyo Mirage and I'm betting they save Paper Mario for last since it's a first look.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Damn it, is the stream over already? Ah well, I can settle for watching just the trailers.

Anyway, I saw the Ever Oasis trailer. At first they had me thinking it was going to be some kind of Sims-esque game with the "Create your own oasis!" thing, but then they showed off the game's combat... that's an idea I can get behind. I'll wait for more information to drop, but for now I'm a little interested.

Monster Hunter is something I've been curious about for a while. Beating up fantastic creatures with weapons that (I think) you can fully customize, what's not to love? If I have the money I'll probably get it some time this year.

That new Mario Party looks like it's borrowing from Smash Tour a bit with that character recruitment thing. I dig it, but I've never really been a fan of that series. Kinda hard to when you've never had real Nintendo gaming buddies for most of your life. (Of course if there's an online mode for this then I'll not have to worry about that.)

Quibblingsun86

Full Squid
NNID
Quibblingsun86
Im sorry if you guys talked about this on here before, but I am soooooooooooooooooO hyped for kingdom hearts 2.8 .

Here's the trailer:
(Sorry if you've already seen it...)

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Is the stream over already? Ah well, I can settle for watching just the trailers.
It's still running for me.
Dragon Quest VII on now.

So after this the final two have to be Tokyo Mirage and I'm betting they save Paper Mario for last since it's a first look.
you called it

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
...great. I hop onto the stream just in time for this Tokyo Mirage thing. A deep & complex RPG it may be, but I still can't get over the general aesthetic. That and that battle interface is a little confusing for me. I'll pass.

EDIT: Huh, Color Splash does look pretty interesting (if guilty of perhaps doing a bit much at once). Not that I wasn't interested in it before, but for me it's gone from "maybe I'll get it" to "I'll have to get this at some point."

...I'll bet I'm the only person alive to think that right now.

Last edited:

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Me as they play the first PM:CS trailer- Can they not
I could do without the narration
Please
Me afterwards- It's pretty cute, still upset about no experience and no partners, but I can see it as a game you take in little bites
I liek
Huey's nice (I see what they did there)
The narration and little bits are Paper Mario-y
Y only Weege cameo tho
The cinnamon roll is important
Protect and show off his presence

Last edited:

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
In 3...2....1....its not ttyd! :p
Um
What

Oh yeah, it's no TTYD. But it's unique in its own little Paper Mario way (I still stand by the fact/opinion that Sticker Star sucked)and I would like to see someone LP it. I would ask for partners but it would need to be changed radically for that. Like it needs to be turned into a TTYD or a 64 for partners to fit. A SPM, maybe *shrugs* I don't think it can be changed into a SPM, especially with the gimmick already established.

Also, LoZ looked nice today

(Hi @Quibblingsun86 )

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
Well that's all the E3 I care about.
Nintendo did okay considering their lineup, wish they had more worthwhile games up their sleeves but what can ya do.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Well that's all the E3 I care about.
Nintendo did okay considering their lineup, wish they had more worthwhile games up their sleeves but what can ya do.
Yeah.

People still hate Color Splash, and I don't blame them. The beginning trailer/cutscene really could've done without a voiceover.
And I think my new opinion is getting tarnished by Tumblr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom