• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

EU/OC and NA Splatfest - Spongebob vs. Patrick

I am...

• joining Team Spongebob!

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • joining Team Patrick!

Votes: 45 45.0%
  • currently undecided!

Votes: 32 32.0%

• Total voters

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Not fair, I got to play with/against almost everyone in your lobbies EXCEPT you! :p :(

On the other hand, I again question why the game decided to pit me against the top 100 when my power level was like 1500-1600? :confused:
Lel...
And it's to ease use on the matchmaking which kinda makes their matchmaking statements contrary.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
You really know a lot about that, don't you? You make me feel like one of these grannies who don't know **** about computers and the internet and go out there to find viruses to download.

By the way, the ping I get is 280ms for the Japanese server. As little as I know about all this stuff, I know that this is not too good considering regular speed tests tell me I have a ping of 20ms.
LOL, while I had some knowledge before, I have to admit I dug into the specifics of exactly how the international routing works specifically because of Splatoon :D It's one of those things where the more you come to understand how the entire global patchwork of internet is mostly held together with rubber bands and paper clips and a dab of glue here and there you kind of wish you didn't learn it. You lie awake at nights realizing the entire planet has enslaved it's economies and safety systems to an infrastructure that shouldn't even be relied upon to run forums about squids in tennis shoes. :P

280's about part with mine, actually, assuming that's a n"average day" for your connection to them. My best seems to be around 250-280 as well. But that's "best" - when it gets bad that can spike to 750. In a game where every second is an eternity, being nearly a full second BEHIND the actual action is pretty much the same as squidpartying on spawn all match. But sometimes its worse than others. I should test it during the "bad" times when it seems my opponents are beyond amazing (but their splatfest positions tell me they're in fact much WORSE than most of the people in @Sol64's video above against some of whom I could actually defeat ;) )

Lel...
And it's to ease use on the matchmaking which kinda makes their matchmaking statements contrary.
Yeah...it really makes no sense if the whole point was to make it rank based...in a "proper" system I should not have played with ANY names from those two lists...and in fact I played with a large number of them. Though I also played with a lot of players that were S+ in real rank but down in the 1400-1500 range for splatfest, so those guys were losing even more than I was!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom