European Splatfest Announced!

What do you think of pineapples on pizza?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I see what you mean, man. Inklings certainly get worked up over the most trivial of things, though at least they don't break out into riots.

As for my pick, I'd think chicken would be a better topping than pineapples. Might be because I'm not Hawaiian or even a fan of pineapples in the first place.

Claus

Full Squid
NNID
Bluevisionist
To be honest I love Pineapple on it's own, it's so sweet and delicious. But just putting it on pizza is a weird clash of flavours and it just doesn't settle well in the mouth. That and I absolutely loathe fruit that's been cooked. Berry Pie and Apple Crunch never sit well with me and Pineapple Pizza is no exception.

While I feel that the Splatfest ideas in the EU are so lazy they can make me laugh at the best of times, and this is no different.

Also, I think I got a theme for this splatfest too, and it's composed by Vinesauce's very own Joel! (few naughty words in here, be warned)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Nintendo of Europe keeps one-upping them selves on the worst Splatfest themes. Why can't you guys get something awesome for once?

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
And I thought Burgers vs Pizza was bad lol. A Disgusting King/Queen or a Delicious King/Queen.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Oh wow I thought this was a joke too!

.....Oh well, I think pineappls on pizza are delicious, in fact I'm vegetarian so when I eat pizza it's just cheese and pineapple. mmMmMmMmmMMmmmM

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Nintendo of Europe keeps one-upping them selves on the worst Splatfest themes. Why can't you guys get something awesome for once?
Ghosts versus zombies was pretty awesome. it fit the halloween theme perfectly and are the two most common horror icons. rock vs pop is actually one i wanted to participate in (i have the western version).

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
Wow, even the splatfest titles are insulting to the userbase. I'd probably pick delicious so i can become a delicious king.
On the other hand, is being described as "delicious" really that much better?

Anyway, I didn't vote because I'm not European, but if I were, I would go with Disgusting. I'm not a fan of pineapple in general, and even less so when it comes to pizza toppings.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
I voted Delicious...though I probably shouldn't have since I'm not European. Whoops. I guess you can subtract one vote.

Either way, pineapple on pizza is god-tier and I will ****ing fight anyone who says otherwise. (ง ͠° ͟ ͟ل ͡°)ง

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Ghosts versus zombies was pretty awesome. it fit the halloween theme perfectly and are the two most common horror icons. rock vs pop is actually one i wanted to participate in (i have the western version).
Actually, you are correct. When I wrote the original post, that one and rock and pop seem to fly over my head. I personally thought you got the better Halloween Themed Splatfest, and Rock and Pop was really cool all things considering. Besides those though, everything else seems to be really dull topics for Splatfest (and the shameless reuse of Cats vs Dogs). I hope it gets better for you guys, NOE needs to step it up.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
It's an extension of the NA Splatfest...

Nintendo of Europe, can you PLEASE give the EU peeps the Art vs Science Splatfest? I mean you borrowed Cats vs Dogs so clearly there's no problem with reusing themes from other regions. =/

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Is this an actual popular topic in the EU region? (I'm sorry but I had to ask)

This Splatfest theme seems a bit.... unexpected, I have to say...

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Is this an actual popular topic in the EU region? (I'm sorry but I had to ask)

This Splatfest theme seems a bit.... unexpected, I have to say...
No, in all my 23 years I have never had a conversation with anyone about whether or not pineapple is good on pizza.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Wow, Nintendo hot on Pizza today.
And yeah, this is going to be 2nd time I convincingly choose Marie over Callie (since Eating and Sleeping). No way am I going to vote with Pinapples...
Yeah, what's the next Japanese Splatfest? Deep Dish vs. Thin Crust?

Another disappointing splatfest... About the splatfest theme titles, won't it be like ''disgusting fangirl'', ''disgusting fanboy''?
The other option is "Delicious Fangirl" and "Delicious Fanboy," which carries worse connotations. A couple days ago, it seems there were some delicious fangirls of Justin Bieber among AKB48 (Justin is in the middle; AKB48 idol singers are on the left and right):

I quite like this splatfest. I mean, I hate pineapple on pizza, but it is quite a common argument around my part of the UK :).
I never knew pineapple on pizza was a divisive thing until now, even though it's understandable: it's a weird topping to have!

For the record, I like pineapple on pizza, and Hawaiian is amazingly popular where I live, to where there are some pizza restaurants for whom Hawaiian is their ONLY specialty pizza. One place I frequent even has variations on Hawaiian, such as the "Hawaiian Volcano" (pineapple, Canadian bacon, jalapeño slices).

Europe is America Jr. confirmed?
No, that's Canada, according to Homer Simpson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom