European Splatfest Announced!

What do you think of pineapples on pizza?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I never knew pineapple on pizza was a divisive thing until now, even though it's understandable: it's a weird topping to have!

For the record, I like pineapple on pizza, and Hawaiian is amazingly popular where I live, to where there are some pizza restaurants for whom Hawaiian is their ONLY specialty pizza. One place I frequent even has variations on Hawaiian, such as the "Hawaiian Volcano" (pineapple, Canadian bacon, jalapeño slices).

For everyone who needs ideas for Miiverse posts. And Hawaiian is mentioned here as well.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
No, that's Canada, according to Homer Simpson.
AKA, my soon to be home. . .

ANYWAYS, Although I am currently in Europe I am an American with an American Wii U, so I can't participate in this.
With that said, Pinapple is DELICIOUS on Pizza. So, I am with everyone on that team! Go Team. . . Delicious. . .

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
next halloween splatfest should be candycorn: delicious or disgusting. seriously i had no idea so many people hated candy corn until this year's halloween o_O
i would definitely pick delicious. i love candy corn so much.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
I'll do a joke with my username on this weekend:
Pinapple = Ananas in german.
There is a joke with this word: Ananas -> Ich mache 'Anna nass'. I will make Anna wet/moist. (in a naughty way)
So my name will be "Nasse Anna" (wet/moist Anna) Hehe :D

Is there actually something similar in the english language?

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
By the way, speaking of pineapples on unlikely food, have any of you guys in Europe ever heard of al pastor? (It's pronounced "ahl pah-STORE.") It is a Mexican type of marinated pork grilled on a vertical spit. A pineapple is put on top of the spit so the pineapple juice drips down into the pork, and chunks of the pork is then sliced off and put into tacos and burritos. Sometimes though, pineapple juice is put directly into the marinade.

In other words, you can have pineapples in your tacos and burritos.

Personally, al pastor is my favorite kind of taco. I live in Los Angeles so I can find this pretty much anywhere, but I don't think Mexican is big in Europe (not counting Tex-Mex, which I'm guessing isn't either). A place about 5 minutes of walking from where I live even puts pineapple chunks right into the tacos! (This photo is from another place though.)

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
I have the feeling this SF will end like RockPop (popularity and wins for disgusting) or PiratesNinjas (wins for delicious, popularity for disgusting). At least from what I see from my friends in miiverse.

Referring to the upcoming NiceNaughty-NA-SF I'd like to hope Nintendo will be generous and give EU and Japan a SF on 25th/26th/27th. Only 2 weeks between two SF is possible so this would be sweet. I won't even mind getting an EU theme like "Giving presents or Receiving presents". :p

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Maybe it'llbe a vocal minority. But then again, I don't live in Europe. I live in a place where Hawaiian is THE thing in pizza (and, as mentioned above, pineapples are also a cultural staple in tacos). While I have known people who don't like pineapple on pizza, it's never been any greater than any other vegetable topping.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Maybe it'llbe a vocal minority. But then again, I don't live in Europe. I live in a place where Hawaiian is THE thing in pizza (and, as mentioned above, pineapples are also a cultural staple in tacos). While I have known people who don't like pineapple on pizza, it's never been any greater than any other vegetable topping.
I'm Canadian, Hawaiian pizza is huge here. I love it! Pineapple all the way!

RedML51

Senior Squid
NNID
RedML51
I'm Canadian, Hawaiian pizza is huge here. I love it! Pineapple all the way!
Wikipedia says it was invented in Canada, so I'm not surprised.

I have no idea how popular the topping is in Europe so I really couldn't say which way it'll go. But hey, the splatfest begins for you guys in about 13 hours by my calculations. We'll know soon enough who wins!

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
There's a lot of disgusting people. Yes I mean the team.

they're flooding my plaza
i hope this doesn't turn out to be dancing and dogs, you can tell they weren't trying back then

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Right, Team Disgusting will win popularity.
But since we are in EU this won't mean they're going to loose.

Well, I'll have fun not playing against my own team, getting at least 18 snails and eating a nice Pizza with pinapple. Thinking about to change the language to english so I can be very delicious.

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
From what I've seen in my Plaza I'm estimating a 80/20 Split for popularity. But from what we learnt with the Ninja Splatfest I'm expecting Delicious to win!

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Only been in 2 matches in team anti-pineapple and have already been shown signs that we've lost:

1) Anti is more popular
2) My next team are rubbish.

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
Seems like Euros don't like Hawaian pizza very much, of all the matches l've played about 80% were against Team Disgusting, which is what l chose.

Anyway did my part, l'm a Disgusting Queen l guess, talk about a badge of honour. Highlights were probably when l played a match with ParaDUDE while l was using the Rapid Blaster Pro. That wasn't a very professional performance tho.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Wow, that's pretty astonishing. It's always weird to see a dish so beloved where you live so disliked somewhere else.

Pizza is incredibly malleable and has vastly different ideas depending on where you're at though. For instance, in Thailand, pizza is commonly served without tomato sauce. Rather, you're supposed to put ketchup on it. Natives can tell if someone grew up in a western country if that person eats the pizza without ketchup.

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
l actually don't even hate pineapple on pizza lol, l don't care for it. lt's not my favorite topping but l'm ok with it. l just picked disgusting pretty much at random.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Well, my road to Queen was surprisingly easy

45 matches, 32 wins, 13 losses.
No fight against Pro-Pinapple.

Keep on going, lil Fruity-Squids!

Switch Friend Code
SW-1979-9179-2672
I got some really fantastic teams this Splatfest. Only lost 3 games on the way to Anti-Pineapple King! Huge props to Simon, Setsuna, ilon and Jakob in particular! Those guys were great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom