• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

EU's Next Splatfest Announced!

Which do you prefer?

• Singing

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Dancing

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Man, another underdog victory! Are the less popular teams getting lucky or what?

Congrats to Team Singing, though. You guys earned that victory!

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I may not be from this region but I am pretty surprised Dancing got the more popular vote.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
I knew team singing would win but I didn't expect dancing to be more popular.

It scared me when I saw that team dancing had more votes, I was like... ***.
Then all was well in the word when we owned them.

Also, worst splatfest experience ever due to constant connection drops, maybe it was my friend's internet. (mine got blown out of the window because of weather and jeopardized my participation).

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Congratulations Team Singing. I'm from USA but I wanted to give my congrats anyway. :)

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Everybody has a bad match every now and then, Elecmaw, I lost 24 matches in a row on the first Splatfest. I know because I kept track of the points.
I was so happy when I finally won that I sent a friend request to a teammate just to thank him.

About this Splatfest, I don't know why I chose the singing side, people near me suffer when I try to sing. On the other hand people laugh at me when I try to dance, so there wasn't really any good choice.
My question is ¿why doesn't the singing mouth design have inkling fangs? ¿whose mouth is it?
I believe it's explained in an interview with one of devs that the splatfest messages come from
pre-recorded way back before inklings even existed and humans were still alive, hence the themes are related to stuff us humans were interested in (And the human teeth). Doesn't explain the dancing inkling, though.

...Maybe it's canon that humanity played the videogame splatoon back then before they went extinct? That'd be real confusing

Shig

Inkster Jr.
NNID
OkidoShigeru
Team Dancing sadness. I was worried this was going to be a poor result when I noticed that my flag streak was far lower than the past splatfests, but I was still holding on to the hope that it was just anecdotal and my own experience wasn't representative of my team as a whole. Turns out it was though. Congratulations to Team Singing, you guys played really well and thanks to those on Team Dancing that slogged through and tried to make the best of things.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
So Singing has the highest win rate of any Splatfest in the world at 57%.

Can anyone offer any reason as to what about Singing makes people so much better?

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
So Singing has the highest win rate of any Splatfest in the world at 57%.

Can anyone offer any reason as to what about Singing makes people so much better?
Oh man, no idea. I did notice it in win rate, as a Dancer i've had several matches where we got spawncamped wheras that never really happened in the previous splatfests. I usually main charger and two of the available maps (Blackbelly, Kelp Dome) weren't really good for them esp. around spawn. When i switched to Forge Splattershot i managed to get a small winning streak going, but it didn't help well enough.

I think a bigger issue is now that the massive level differences can mean instant victory for sides. Several times i've had a person with a single digit level in my team facing against mid lvl 30's, and it's usually those matches that ended with us being stuck at spawn. In general Team Singing seemed to have much higher leveled players on average.
I hope in the future they'll make a different rule for Splatfest that newbies can only play against people around level 1-20, i can't imagine it'd be fun to feel like a liability.

the Gay

Inkling
It was great. I was put in GREAT teams with Singing and my Neo Splash-o-matic, I'm sad I don't know who all of them were. I love it when the next match with the same team starts and my own experience is confirmed by all the others immediately hitting the "Nice!" button as soon as they can. It possibly means "PLEASE YOU ALL, stay a while?"

Sol64

It was great. I was put in GREAT teams with Singing and my Neo Splash-o-matic, I'm sad I don't know who all of them were. I love it when the next match with the same team starts and my own experience is confirmed by all the others immediately hitting the "Nice!" button as soon as they can. It possibly means "PLEASE YOU ALL, stay a while?"
This often happens a lot.

@Elecmaw Maybe dancers aren't as experienced lol. I know there are bad singers and bad dancers but I guess the dancers just had less power.

Usually one side has the more popular votes and the other side is more experienced. The result still amazes me a bit.

the Gay

Inkling
Congrats Team Singing. It seems my experience was not representative of the situation at large.

I think the explanation for the 57% win rate is obvious: the splatfest began on a Saturday night, and so a significant proportion of team dance would have been out dancing.
Lol hey. I was out dancing too, I totally voted Singing because I thought the better people would be on that team.

Sol64

Congrats Team Singing. It seems my experience was not representative of the situation at large.

I think the explanation for the 57% win rate is obvious: the splatfest began on a Saturday night, and so a significant proportion of team dance would have been out dancing.
I didn't see too many kings or queens so I assume most people actually didn't play on saturday.

X-Factor was on saturday as well so we was already prepared at home.

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
To be honest, I REALLY WANTED THIS SPLATFEST OVER THE U.S ONE!
I would KILL FOR TEAM SINGING! ♥
Gah- but instead we got... Transformers. I can give less of a care for that!
GIMMIE THIS ONE!
So glad Team Singing won tho~!

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
To be honest, I REALLY WANTED THIS SPLATFEST OVER THE U.S ONE!
I would KILL FOR TEAM SINGING! ♥
Gah- but instead we got... Transformers. I can give less of a care for that!
GIMMIE THIS ONE!
So glad Team Singing won tho~!
I don't care for transformers either, but it was cool we got a sponsored Splatfest because it opens doors for things I might actually care about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom