• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

EU's Next Splatfest Announced!

Which do you prefer?

• Singing

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Dancing

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
Found this Miiverse post. Thought it made a good point so I'm posting it here. Go Dance!
upload_2015-8-23_14-9-21.png

Edit: While I don't like PAL Splatfest themes nearly as much as NTSC ones at least we won't have to deal with the ridiculous Pink + Purple colour combo for the entire event.

Last edited:

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
While I don't like PAL Splatfest themes nearly as much as NTSC ones at least we won't have to deal with the ridiculous Pink + Purple colour combo for the entire event.
Honestly, I think the glitch that somehow locked the squad battle ink colors to the Splatfest ink colors made this worse. But hey, color lock's a thing, so eh.

I'm not participating in this for obvious reasons, but honestly I think both of those illustrations would look really tacky on shirts. If I were, though, I'd be vouching for Team Sing (sorry Marie, but I just enjoy singing more).

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
...I don't think the guys at Europe took into account the fact that the Sisters will be both singing AND dancing, and the "singing" Inklings you're going to see in the plaza will be ironically dancing anyways... XD

Anyway, I chose dancing, because I can't really sing, but I like to dance and move my body alot. And I still want my pants. That image does not make things better.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
How do they choose the themes for the splatfests in EUR? Do they open up a dictionary and point at the first thing they see?
Singing is much more enjoyable and manageable during the day imo.

Arcadian

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SpeedOfSloth
Dancing, purely because I can't sing. I need those 24 super sea snails so please pull through, dancing team!

Last edited:

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Dancing, purely because I can't sing. I need those 26 super sea snails so please pull through, dancing team!
24*

Anyway, I choose singing. it's probably going to be the majority vote.

jenjen92

Inkling
NNID
xNintenJenx
I'm still not too sure which one to pick! No idea why I am taking this choice so seriously :p

Njok

Bouncer
Humm i would have guessed dancing would be the most popular choice due to everybody being self conscious about their voice and all. Seeing a lot of shower singers here though.

I went with green since i do neither :P

@Arcadian seems we are gonna have to win matches to get those snails this time :(

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Oh man this might just be my worst splatfest ever. I finally wanted to give the E-Liter a try, did a decent job at it untill i realised it isn't the best thing to use for inking turf. Then Splatoon stopped screwing around and started sending 'roided up tentakekking lvl 40 singers at me, and even after switching back to my trusty Kelp Scope i've been falling into painful defeat after defeat (We're talking to the levels of being spawncamped here). I'll hopefully be better tommorrow when i'll grind the final stretch for Dancing King.

Hopefully other EU squids will have an easier time!

Marmalade

Full Squid
NNID
Marmalade
Bah, this Splatfest has been quite bad.
I constantly get members that are lv 1-5 at the moment and that really play badly (painting walls, idling around), or they just d/c.
I had quite the good winning streak until that happened.

Other than that, at least I got much better with the Splatling. I wanted to try a different weapon this splatfest (or different weapons in general) for fun. The Splatling is working really good.

Edit: In general my groups have been super bad I must say.

Edit 2: Nope, officially done for today. I have lost count with ho many matches I lost now in a row. I think it has easily been an hour without a win.
Can't do more than constantly ink the most turf and have the most kills every round.

Last edited:

Phobos

Inkling Commander
A good experience here. More or less sailed to dancing queen - got lucky and was mostly placed with well composed teams, and many matches were very one sided. But all 4v4s and all against Team Singing, so none of the problems that brought down the first few Splatfests. This was a fun way to get express my love for dance :)

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
The connection has been more stable for me. I issue with splatfest is that I cant play ranked games or squad games with my friends for the whole weekend because we have different times for the splatfest. We dont have enough to players to play private games yet in our group. I hate being forced to play this splatfest because the most popular team always wins, its basically a 50/50 chance to choose the winning side.

DeeWee UNub

Full Squid
NNID
HOPE_Glimmer
Okay,so I went with Team Dance and my experience was quite mixed. I started off really badly,raking up a lot of losses. However,I started to get a winning streak going and I ended up getting to King/Queen pretty quickly. The thing I was annoyed by was that there was quite a bit of lag for me,which was most likely on my side. Had fun nonetheless I guess.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
wow...just wow...

our team managed to get spawncamped by two aerosprays.

this is just making me sad... i'm going to bury my Wii U forever

Hawk

Inkster Jr.
Everybody has a bad match every now and then, Elecmaw, I lost 24 matches in a row on the first Splatfest. I know because I kept track of the points.
I was so happy when I finally won that I sent a friend request to a teammate just to thank him.

About this Splatfest, I don't know why I chose the singing side, people near me suffer when I try to sing. On the other hand people laugh at me when I try to dance, so there wasn't really any good choice.
My question is ¿why doesn't the singing mouth design have inkling fangs? ¿whose mouth is it?

dapperlace

Pro Squid
I'm not even a part of this, but now that I know they'll be using the same titles as NA: Dancing.
Dancing Queens everywhere.

Marmalade

Full Squid
NNID
Marmalade
Team Singing won with a win rate of 57%.
I knew team dancing was playing badly, but I was hoping it was just my bad luck and me getting into bad teams, guess that wasn't the case.
Congrats to the winners tho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom