• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Express your emotions 2: Emotion harder

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
This is a thread where you can share your thoughts, positive or negative. Did you have a bad day? Are you overjoyed about something? Whatever it is, get it off your chest here!

Just so we're all on the same page, please read the rules:
https://squidboards.com/help/terms

That said, a disclaimer. The previous thread with this title and purpose was deleted because of users attacking each other. I'm remaking this thread because it genuinely did some good in the community, but I urge everyone to report posts that are negative towards others. No exceptions, that includes me. Let's keep the atmosphere in here if not positive, then at least constructive and supportive. We all need to be supportive of each other, respect opinions even if you don't agree with them. Basically, don't be a jerk and you're fine.

Also, talk of suicide isn't allowed here, sorry. If you need to get that off your chest, contact someone privately or use resources available to you, here's a couple samples.
Now that all that is on the table... tell us what's on your mind, and have a great day!

Last edited:

Cyndane

Obscured in Ink!!
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
We are giving you guys another chance and opening this again. @Dessgeega , I suggest you make an in-depth rules and guidelines list and edit it into your OP.

Should this thread get out of hand again, it will be closed without a chance of reopening.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Ironically, for being the one that pushed for this thread to continue existing, I don't have much to report right now :P I'm a little tense over some personal matters, but nothing huge. Life is pretty good right now. I can only hope for the same for anyone who wanders in here.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
It is cold. It is incredibly cold. We don't even have snow to show for it (heresy!!). On the upside, because it's been below freezing for a week, this will thin out next summer's bug population...unless that's yet another fib Mom told me back in the day to make the best of a bad situation. As such, 2018 started out as a fantastic succession of give and take events.

Temps are low, so we need to drip the faucets to prevent the pipes freezing. This works out fine until I realize after day 1 that while the cold water is running fine...there is no hot water in the kitchen or my bathroom. Both are on the north side of the house. This is important because the roommate has hot water in her bathroom...which is on the west side under the eaves of the carport. Lucky stiff. I just turned the hot faucets up a tad and hoped for the best. It paid off, except

the next day the cold water had frozen up, in the kitchen. At this point I said screw it, got the space heater from the bathroom, and plugged it in underneath the sink to run for a while.

Hopefully the well won't be dry by Monday, when it's supposed to warm back up. To 35. That's BIKINI WEATHER, Y'ALL.

In addition, we have this super-efficient woodstove that came with the house. It's supposed to be for backup heating. We'd like to use it to lower our power bill a little, and with a teapot full of water on top of it, maybe I'd be able to wake up without the inside of my face feeling and sounding like it's made of cellophane. Firewood is obscenely expensive. Landlord gave us some for Christmas.

HOWEVER.

Landlord says we aren't to use the thing until she's shown us how. Now, I RTFM'd, but the instructions are kind of vague, and I do realize building a fire in a woodstove is somewhat different from doing it at a campsite. I've been trying to get Landlord up here for the how-to for two weeks. Temps will be in the single digits not counting wind chill by the time I leave work in the morning. :'D

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
gift.png

It's late because shipping is hell, but these Christmas gifts from the lady I love arrived today. Pixel art from my favorite Mario game and a delightful cup that's going in my bathroom. I am dating the greatest woman on earth and I will fight anyone who says otherwise :D

Last edited:

seaWEED

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3569-5511-7797
I highly dislike my principal. That is just putting it in words that won't get this thread killed.

In my school, we have a thing called google classroom. Teachers could make a classroom and put files and assignments up for students. For a short time, students could make their own classroom. I made my own. It was called, "The Absolute Scum of Google Classrooms." I told "students" to upload whatever they felt like.

Several days later, my friend told me to upload the most offensive meme possible. I switched to the mindset of an edgy twelve-year-old and went to the master of all meme sites, Google Images. I found a meme about columbine and thought, "hell ye, dis shizz dope," and posted it on google classroom.

To be continued.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
I would just like to say that for the record, I apologize for getting the other thread closed. I instigated another argument between two users that had been going on for awhile that had stopped then was brought up again.

As for how I'm feeling right now? Kinda stressed out yet relaxed at the same time. I started college, and I royal failed one class which caused my GPA to tank. As a result, my relatives found out and hounded on me, especially my mom. My mom is annoyingly obsessive with school. Everytime I have a break from doing school work she always wants me reading or doing something educational. I know she means well, but I would also like to relax too. My winter break is rather long, so I'm spending most of days chilling. I wanted to find a job but I never got anything at all.

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
Hey, I'm actually pretty okay. I've gotten a bit of mocking from my social science professor, but I won't talk about it further.

I'm getting okay grades, and am slowly picking myself up from an incident that I'm uncomfortable bringing up. If you know me well, you know that October was not a good time for me. But I'm slowly, slowly recovering from that all.

I'm pretty peaceful right now, to put it simply. And I'm happy to share my random happiness as I continue to find it.

BashfulBetta

Inkster Jr.
i'm happier now than i was a few years ago. last year, i did something different by participating in some art contests; i didn't win but i learned a lot about myself. i feel like entering it again when i'm ready.
there's also a lot more things that i've been planning for this year so all i need to do now is do it!

seaWEED

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3569-5511-7797
Part Two:

With meme in hand, I go to google classroom to post it. I write as the comment, "edgelord."

About a month later, I get a call to the principal's office. He wishes to talk to me about the use of non-teacher owned google classrooms. I tell him that they are incredibly distracting. (Hey, I try to be a good kid.)

Nothing notable happens, but next week is the Mock Trial competition and a Band concert. I'm super hyped.

The next week, I get called into the principal's office again. I'm incredibly anxious. "I must be in trouble. He probably doesn't like me for using SquidBoards in school. Wait, he probably doesn't even know what SquidBoards is..." The principal asks me if I have posted anything on google classroom that would alarm him. I explain, "no, I don't think so. Usually, I post something and then forget about it. Then, he tells me about the meme. My heart starts to pound. "He probably got offended," I think, "I heard that he was a snowflake." He says, "This is incredibly offensive, Ryan. I'm going to have to suspend you for two days. Along with this, you will be unable to go to your band concert tonight. You will also be banned from going to Mock Trial."

My stepfather picks me up. I am in tears. I screwed over the school's band and the Mock Trial team. My parents don't get mad at me, as they understand it was a joke.

My friend also got punished for something like this. He posted a remix of "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People and got suspended for two months.

Thanks for reading.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Sorry, but... that is kind of on you. If you're posting memes about Columbine, an event where people died senselessly, on the school's network where they can see it, the school is within their rights to punish you for it. That IS offensive and while I may not have the whole story, I have to side with the principal on this one from what I've heard.

seaWEED

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3569-5511-7797
Yeah... I chose not to tell the whole story. I don't feel comfortable telling all of the details. Also, telling all of the details would get this thread shut down again.

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
I will say that depression hasn't been very easy for me lately. Especially when it comes to waking up in the morning and such. But I'm getting over it as time goes.

I mean, I'm out of bed right now, so clearly I'm overpowering it. :P

All 54 animals (yes, 54, I have another gecko, but the number is soon to jump up by 1 to 4 since she's expecting) are doing just fine, I managed to contract a zoonosed case of flu (combined with some other factors, though I don't want to get the thread shut down) but I've recovered. To put it simply, I'm pretty okay at the moment!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Heh. If I said what I was feeling I'd get the thread deleted again. That threat's always hanging overhead with how the staff handles things, isn't it? Kinda puts a damper on even basic civil discussion. I'll just say I'm dissatisfied and leave it at that.

seaWEED

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3569-5511-7797
Right now, I’m mad about how team Action gets penalized if one of it’s members disconnects during a fight and screws over everybody.

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
I have no idea why i'm always getting the bad eye, first i ended up swimming in the red sea with my joy cons because i forgot they were in my pocket. Then i dropped my phone in my toilet, then my brother dropped his phone in the sea as well; and his camera broke which is about 300 1000 pounds to add up to...

And to top the bullshit im involved with, the shop i bought my switch from is only able to replace the whole console; not the ****ing joy cons. so now im gonna have to LOSE MOST OF MY DATA JUST BECAUSE OF THIS STUPID ****ING WARRANTY ****. IT WOULD MAKE IT EASIER FOR THE COMPANY TO REPLACE THE JOY CONS ;-;

that's how i feel

It's quite obvious why i lost my motivation, right?

Last edited:

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
@Zak98
that bites. i hope that your luck changes around

nintendo has a way to repair soaked joy cons but it seems like if all else fails, you might have to send your system to them
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22315
thanks, but im not sending my whole system to get replaced; that's my issue; i have many reasons as to why.

EDIT: The tablet does work; everything else is function except my charger since that was bent. i have a new one too, i hope they will only replace the controllers. it would help me a lot

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
So, i got kept behind for 20 minutes in form because of a btich that refused to hand his phone, he was at the back just like me. I was getting really angry from people blaming it on me (i dropped my phone in the toilet, my insta status even says that) and i just fire back at them. Oh and they confiscated all the phones, then outside some prick decided to say that "oh he's a cry baby" and **** like that. I went and beat the **** out of him because he's annoying, he desreves it. Then another kid pushes me because i thinks i was talking to him or some crap. He pushed me, i got sent down to pastoral (the place to report incidents) and obviosuly i'm going to get in trouble for that.

Little did these people know that the chavy way at school is going everywhere, to get respect; you must be able to bang anyone, and i mean ANYONE you can. I still got in trouble for that; i don't give 2 ****s about what teachers are telling me to. I can be who i want and that makes me a more original, and respected person.

I've honestly had enough of these idiots, i'm the most hard-working person in the form just to get thrown back to the beginning.

My mum doesn't really care to be honest, because after all; me beating the **** out of someone is what they deserve, becasue that shows them that you can't mess with me.

These people don't want to learn from their lessons, and i can be the most brutal i want to them.

Can somebody kill me?

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
ignore this message please, kind of offensive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom