• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Fashion Squids

cosmic

Inkling
@Reila @darktenpura your squids........ are gorgeous....

and i really love the combinations that youve both come up with! its so interesting to me to see how another dresses their squid, because ill often see desgins i never wouldve put togther myself.

thank you for sharing those photos! theyre wonderful!

cosmic

Inkling
OFOTD #2/?
11C91888-CFB4-4445-B4A8-B07D31DFDFA0.jpeg

Head gear: Noise Cancelers Brand: Forge
Clothing: Green Striped LS Brand: Inkline
Shoes: Punk Cherries Brand: Rockenberg
Freshness: Cool and Casual for the Fall :cool:

I feel like these colors work well with eachother, the dark maroon punks and a leaf green stripe. Which, when first designing this outfit, I didn’t think they would... It feels like a casual, cool, yet still formal look, with the colors of a cooler season being brought out by one another.

Also! Because I realize that not all of us have the same gear in our stores, yet we’re sharing outfits and looks, it would be nice to order an article of clothing we’ve seen here that we haven't in game yet.

If this proposal gets enough traction, I think it’d be nice to hold a “Fashion show” pb, where we each bring different pieces of gear to order off one another. LMK what you guys think!

darktenpura

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1816-5244-1416
@Reila @darktenpura your squids........ are gorgeous....

and i really love the combinations that youve both come up with! its so interesting to me to see how another dresses their squid, because ill often see desgins i never wouldve put togther myself.

thank you for sharing those photos! theyre wonderful!
much obliged...!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Here's some more outfits of mine. I unintentionally went with a "sporty" look overall, what with the hockey outfit and the motocross outfit. I think the Annaki Beret is pretty cute!
outfits.png

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
After the longest time i finally got a card reader and now my dear audience, you too will be able to bask in my exotic fashion tastes:

I personally really like this one. The blue and red contrast are great to begin with, but then there are the poses. My Inkling on the left, brimming with optimism, and the Inkling on the right, mirroring my team on being none too pleased on my Solo Queue performance. 1/9 is a totally valid KD ratio, honest!

There's also this... wierd fish-eye lens abomination that i just had to try out. It almost looks like an enemy charger is about to shoot us. If you look real closely, you might see what my Inkling is actually wearing! For reals though, the Orca Hi-Tops look amazing.
P.S. Interestingly enough, the amiibo inklings still use the outdated splattershot models.

Just like reasonable gentlemen, we chill on the shelves in a supermarket. Note my Inkling buddy completely ignoring me despite me embedding my shoe in his. To be fair, ignoring anyone who still uses a Luna Blaster is a perfectly valid response.
I originally really wanted to keep wearing the gear on the right, but ultimately the abilities on them weren't quite my thing.

This is reaching violent levels of hipster, here. You might wanna take a step back from this one. Naturally, i had to pick up the Goo Tuber to complete the ensemble to reach god-tier hipsterdom. Also for some reason, my Inkling co-patriot wore that when i scanned it after ages of not being used, so i just decided to throw it in the picture.

The sailor shirt is beautiful and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You might also notice i really like that beret, but with the Legendary Cap gone missing i just had to re-use it some more to complete the navy motif. Trying to find a pair of decent boots to go along with it was a lot harder than it sounds.

Trying out the filters. Don't know if this was a good idea or not, but my Inkling's as pleased as any to see Callie return. You might notice that i spend way too much money on amiibos. Just remember that whenever you commission me to do art for you it'll all get pumped into useless squid merch. Just a forewarning.

I remembered this outfit at the very last second, and at the same time i wanted to test something vital and here are the results: You cannot adjust your Inkling Amiibos' pants. I know, sucks right?

Here is my finest work yet. A true work of fashion working in harmony like cogs in a dainty small pocketwatch, with a fitting fresh filter to match. I probably should've combined the filters build-in with the switch along with the photo filters for maximum effect, but the idea escaped my head at the moment.
P.S. You can't put the Callie & Marie amiibos on different maps, you can only pose w/ them on plaza.

cosmic

Inkling
@Elecmaw
your comment was the most pleasant thing ive seen today, really, which i need right now after a pretty stressful day.
I also like these looks youre serving.... unique in their own right, cohesive, and I get the image youre going for.
But i have to ask.... that second to last photo..... is that what you want to do? Really?

Maave

Inkling Commander
Wow, I realized that I'm missing a ton of clothing from Splat 1. I made what I could but it ain't much. My two favorites are at the top

Old skater style:

New streetwear / skater style:

Summer sports:

Some unnamed casual outfits:

Ali G Indahouse:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
@Elecmaw
your comment was the most pleasant thing ive seen today, really, which i need right now after a pretty stressful day.
I also like these looks youre serving.... unique in their own right, cohesive, and I get the image youre going for.
But i have to ask.... that second to last photo..... is that what you want to do? Really?
Oh yeah that was totally what i wanted to do i certainly didn't want to take sleazy photos really i dunno what you are getting at here hoo boy i am digging myself deep here

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
For some strange reason, I want to get whatever amiibo unlocks the photo-shoot feature.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
For some strange reason, I want to get whatever amiibo unlocks the photo-shoot feature.
I didn't know you had to register a special amiibo for the photoshoot feature...! Does anybody know which one? Maybe I have it. :3 I really want to test this out. =D

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
@Wosie @J'Wiz Purchase any amiibo to unlock photo-shoot features. The one you pick is who you can do photo-shoots with, so if you want a boy or girl or the squid sisters, choose accordingly and and have fun!

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
@Wosie @J'Wiz Purchase any amiibo to unlock photo-shoot features. The one you pick is who you can do photo-shoots with, so if you want a boy or girl or the squid sisters, choose accordingly and and have fun!
Ah! I do remember having a photoshoot way back with an Inkling Girl amiibo, but I don't think I could take pics in different maps then (?). Was this changed in an update? Sounds like a lot of fun to take these pictures, and @Elecmaw's pictures look friggin' awesome :D

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Ah! I do remember having a photoshoot way back with an Inkling Girl amiibo, but I don't think I could take pics in different maps then (?). Was this changed in an update? Sounds like a lot of fun to take these pictures, and @Elecmaw's pictures look friggin' awesome :D
Yep! The last update added lots of new features to photo shoots, go check it out! :D

cosmic

Inkling
OFOTD #4/?
CC5CBCB7-981B-43C6-9B76-AD4A85A8C774.jpeg

Head gear: Forge Mask Brand: Forge
Clothing: N-Pacer Sweatshirt Brand: Emperry
Shoes: N-Pacer Ag Brand: Emperry
Freshness: Casual for charger practice

So I haven’t been playing splatoon as much as I used to due to a busier schedule then usual. Hopefully after the holidays that’ll change. This outfit was a bit thrown together, but I’ve been eager to mix and match all the new gear ( despite always getting the old gear in my stores, ugh ;n; ). What really created this outfit were the shoes, which I’d just gotten moments ago. The matte sort of silver finish really makes the shoes stand out, yet this color still seems muted. I wanted to go with that tone by wearing a similar palette. I picked the Forge Mask to go with the overall mood i was shooting for (emo), and to finally just have an outfit it goes with.

My original choice of clothing ⬇
5297A0E5-6666-44E1-AA88-B573BBFF422C.jpeg

*blink*

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
So I decided to get some amiibos and play with the photoshoot feature. I only touched on it a bit, but I'll probably regurgitate some more ideas. My desire to buy these amiibos totally wasn't because of another member's influence. No siree!
DQkLZU0U8AAkCc3.jpg large.jpg

My character is unamused at Woomy-chan's amusement.

DQkLtJoU8AAau2e.jpg large.jpg

Notice me Scuba Ste-- I mean Woomy-chan!

DQkL9iHVwAAceQd.jpg large.jpg

Team Sweater my dawg!

DQkMhuUUEAIbrh2.jpg large.jpg

Similar to the first image, but still cute.

DQkL2TfVAAAWHf0.jpg large.jpg

Get off the phone or Mr. Blaster will have something to say to it!

I also bought a Ryu amiibo in hopes that I could take pictures with him, but it didn't work.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Guess I'm jumping in too. I'll start off with an unpopular non-request to show off two "awesome" outfits I've been rockin in turf wars this past weekend. =p

"A style so fresh not even our fellow jellies can comprehend!"

Inkredible, no? Oh fine, I'll play nice and give you a couple of pics of honor students from the Heavy Splatling Society. =p

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Guess I'm jumping in too. I'll start off with an unpopular non-request to show off two "awesome" outfits I've been rockin in turf wars this past weekend. =p

"A style so fresh not even our fellow jellies can comprehend!"

Inkredible, no? Oh fine, I'll play nice and give you a couple of pics of honor students from the Heavy Splatling Society. =p

I see you took some pics of my kind...thank you. We shall live forever.
Viva la splatlings!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
This is dumb but I wanted to share because it made me happy. I made a couple pures, and they're even color-coordinated!

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
I really love how this outfit looks with the 2 weapons I use the most, but unfortunately the hat is currently stuck with Opening Gambit. x.x;;
Anyways...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom