• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Fashion Squids

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
We have a new mode, and what is best thing about a new mode?

Everyone: "More gameplay variety!"

WRONG! It means more cute sets to make for my character. I finally find a good use for my Squips Jersey~

DRSZIp1VwAAUpAm.jpg large.jpg

I plan on putting 3 ink saver subs on the Squips jersey, and making the shoes pure.
DRSZVDGVAAAPdU1.jpg large.jpg

DRTGjnsVwAACl9M.jpg large.jpg

I figured I may as well take a picture of my character with Woomy-chan wearing the King's Jersey. Another nice looking shirt, but I tend to prefer bigger clothes.

Last edited:

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I ran my screenshots through waifu2x first =p
A few of the gear sets I've played with. I don't dress to impress, more to coordinate, and I tend to have decent luck with them rolling abilities on their own. On the left is me (obvs) in the stuff I need to work on next, but on the right...
d46a7a86-c8a5-43ce-bde8-b4d7a86cf700.png Half-Rims, Shirt w/Blue Hoodie, Mawcasins
d70fa9cd-0b5d-4529-ae18-e6696cf9bddd.png Safari Hat, Crimson Parashooter, Red/White Squidkids
a2d8a589-6877-4e1f-a771-044b7dd49390.png 18K Aviators, White Inky Rider, Punk Whites
337441d5-8431-4d7a-b615-9d0477524020.png Annaki Beret, Birded Jacket, Punk Blacks
2017121923331700-CBA841B50A92A904E313AE06DF4EF71A_waifu2x_art_noise3_tta_1.png Fishfry Bandana, Chilly Mountain Coat, Blue/Black Squidkids

What I have on right now is some of the new gear - House-Tag Denim Cap, Custom Painted F3, Amber Sea Slug Hi-Tops

Padre

Pro Squid
IMG_20180205_190728.jpg IMG_20180205_190718.jpg
Call it cheesy, but I went full tourist mode with 18k's and Aloha shirt. I kinda prefer this new gear because its more relaxed.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Ooo, rotation change! Wonder what it'll be- oh, it's clam blitz. On moray. Hard pass!

To wash the salt away, I've come once more with a second helping of exquisite inkling fashion, dolled up for your thirsty eyes!

Lean, mean and green! Some of the goofier-looking clothes can still look quite the part if you got matching colors. She's doing her darnest best to impersonate a frog, or maybe a very tiny leprechaun. Her co-patriot really has to wonder what's up.

Fun fact: If you scan your amiibo and save your gear, it doesn't just store your gear but all your settings! Yes, it is capable of even changing back the gender of your inkling upon importing your settings! The horror! So one gender-bender later i now have to live my life as a girl. Woomy.

"Hey angry metal man, have you been splatting people? I knooow you haave!~"
The bell hat works wonders with the navy suit, but the expression absolutely seals the deal. He has that look that someone gives their pet dog if they've done something that upset them, like knocking over the vase with flowers.
I've done my best to make the mask work, but to no avail. Still, the power armor was sadly my best bet in this scenario as there isn't much to work with here. That being said however, the fact that the armor doesn't come with leggings always makes me crack up. The sacred inkling shorts must always be visible, no matter how unpractical it may be!

Two smooth operatives, posing for the mall. The one on the left having a captain falcon-esque ****y grin, being fully confident to help her team out with the e4k. But the inkling on the right is having none of it, having seen enough solo queue madness to know what to expect.
I unfortunately forgot that i already used this particular suit, so here it is once more. One wonders why we got snow goggles but no cold-themed stage yet, but maybe we will have one in the future. We can hope!

Two humble employees, ready to clean house! I really wanted to go for a spooky doctor look with the jade coats, but it looks more like they're here to mop up the floors of Mako Mart so i rolled with that interpretation instead.
"Welcome to Mako Mart, where we have an entire aisle for giant cereal boxes! We need help!"

Two astral surfers, surfing the milky way one nebula at the time! But really, i looove rainbow/trippy clothes and i wanted to find a way for them to work without looking garish, so i did my best trying out a trippy space surfer motif. And of course i had to include the Luna!

"This is MY BRELLA!"
"can i see i-"
"MINE!"
The way she's clutching for dear life on her brella is simply adorable to behold. Unfortunately, the bubbly shirt is somewhat obscured by the brella in this summer rain inspired outfit, but i hope you'll appreciate it nonetheless.
I also really love the front-zip vest, it may be a contender for my favorite shirt of all time. I also gave her the ridiculously HUEG snowboots because i felt like it.

Normally i don't do twice with the same outfits, but this was so good i couldn't pass this up. This is scene. Perfectly scene. Add in a few posing jellies in the back and it'd fit straight on an album cover. There are a lot of things i like here, but the way she points the rapid at the camera while eyerolling like it's nothin personnel kid is my favorite part.

I only included the beanie because i really like it's name. Sneaky beanie, truely the most sneekiest of all beanies out there! The way she's holding the brush means she's more than ready to ruin somebody's day. I also gave her the flaming bird-nipple shirt because it also looks pretty cool.
I tried to make the squid on the left a pirate, but there's only so much you can do with just one pirate-themed shirt. Yet the ninjas have the entire ensemble, despite them losing the splatfest like chumps. Life is just not fair.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Rocking that painfully-90's stoslacker squid look this week. It's worked out surprisingly well for me.
1519378041_waifu2x_art_noise3_tta_1.png

Bucket Hat/Takoroka Nylon Vintage/Black Flip-Flops

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
I’ve been working on some sets that combine both fashion AND functional lately, and have been trying to build sets around a base red colour to go with my new Studio Octophones (pre-order SWAAAAAAG! ;))

I’m currently having trouble uploading a pic though, so i’ll just tell you and let you all imagine it...

Head: Studio Octophones (ink recovery up)
Clothes: Hula punk shirt with tye (ink resistance up)
Shoes: those red’n black Rockenberg shoes (main ink saver)

Will try to send a pick ASAP

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Yay~♫, new update with new clothes~♪ ...that cycle in a few every day—can't they just cycle in everything we don't have first?!

Oh well, at least I scored this "lucky" gem!

ewwww.jpg

*cackles*

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Made some new sets!

DaTWLN-UMAESkXL.jpg
SS Pro set. Admittedly Tenacity probably isn't the best skill for SS Pro, but I think it works as a look, and that's what really matters!

DcfmCfjU8AAD6Pu.jpg
This is my super cancerous meta cancer set! This isn't strictly for Blaster. It's for anything that the cool kids tells you is good!

DdMibYMU0AAaMbK.jpg

Glooga Deco set! Really glad I found a look that really worked with the Classic Straw Boater.

DdR-Qp1VwAMDSG-.jpg

What I'm currently working on for Heavy. The Hothouse Hoodie is <3, and I'm glad I finally found something I can use with the Sporty Bobble Hat.

Admittedly I'm probably not going to use most of these sets. I just made these because putting together cute gear sets is fun.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Sorry for the doublepost, but more cute sets have been made. Doing SR regularly gives me alot of chunks and tickets for making stuff, and some of these pieces of gear look too good to not make sets with. WITHOUT FURTHER ADO!

I finished my Heavy Splatling set. This works with both regular and Deco. I love how this set looks so much. It's a shame I don't use Splatlings much.
DeWW_waU0AAdkwk.jpg

Custom Jet Squelcher set. Admittedly its abilities aren't ideal, but these look so well together that I don't mind. Also glad I found something that actually fits with the socks and sandals.
DeWXEXgUQAAMb9A.jpg

Made this as soon as I beat the DLC. I love the Old-Timey Hat, and upon seeing that it had comeback, I had to make a set with it. I honestly think this is a rather solid, and very versatile set. It works for any shooter with a good special. Also I love the relaxed look the set has.
DgAjYaHU0AI30An.jpg

I was sitting on 200 cold-blooded chunks, so I figured "why not?". I actually plan on using this set in the future to try to make a point and get some cheap laughs. "Let's see how many "pros" block me!"
DgO-G0xU0AASdar.jpg

My current project. I'm going to have to do some searching to make this a viable set, but it looks so lovely <3. I love the Annaki Yellow Cuff! Don't you just want to steal her and take her home?
DgJmcK5UcAAmb7U.jpg

Bippzy

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7508-4027-9894
I found that combining the lil' baby conductor's hat with the Octoling top and shoes makes for a pretty cute outfit. I think this might be my new favorite look for my lil' squid girl! WHO NEEDS CLOTHING ABILITIES WHEN YOU CAN LOOK THIS GOOD?!

2018062418033900-CBA841B50A92A904E313AE06DF4EF71A.jpg
2018062418030300-CBA841B50A92A904E313AE06DF4EF71A.jpg
2018062418012500-CBA841B50A92A904E313AE06DF4EF71A.jpg

SoliDeOcto

Inkling
NNID
DoobleHoob
Switch Friend Code
SW-4478-1569-5099
I personally like:
Dust Blocker 2000 [Grizzco] (or conductor cap)
Navy Eminence Jacket [Enperry]
Old -Timey Shoes [Cuttlegear]
My favorite looking weapon so far is the Light Tetra Dualies, but the Octoshot Replica goes good with this.
IMG_20200323_134800.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom