Favorite clutch moment?

Holidaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
dyngledong
I'm curious to know what your most memorable moment in ranked that ended up winning your team the game.

Or it could just be a power play you've seen.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
I can't exactly remember all the details but it was Zones at Walleye, I was running 96 Deco and my teammate DCed in the middle of the match. I got a triple if I recall and held off the other team for the 3v4 KO win. I think I was still an A+ Rank.

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
I hadn't been playing the game for that long when this happened:

It was tower control on Moray Towers, and my team was down by maybe 30 or so as time was running out. I managed to super jump to the tower just before normal time ran out, and then got a triple and rode the tower the last 20 distance or so in overtime.

Splats

Senior Squid
NNID
coolSean
Yesterday, I was playing ranked with randoms. They...were not very good. Tower control on Kelp Dome with the Luna Blaster Neo with the enemy needing 2 points to get the KO. I was getting pretty annoyed with how my teammates were playing so I just waited and ambushed them, getting 2 impact hits. At this point I'm on the tower and the rest of the team shows up. One gets on the tower and I jumped and shot him with an impact hit. The other guy had a heavy splatling and started shooting so I jumped off the tower and threw a splat bomb to fend him off while my teammate got the kill (we booyahed afterwards :p). I activated my bomb rush and inked up mid, getting a kill in the process. Then I waited...and soon jumped off to get a kill with splash damage. Like usual I threw a splat bomb around the bend from the goal and actually got a kill. They start coming from the catwalk and starts destroying us. I swim away behind one the barriers to heal up and throw a splat bomb around the bend, then start shooting at the catwalk to push them back. My team starts pushing and I got back on the tower before it can reset. We went offensive and won!

And I only got 8 points...:(

StaffofSmashing

Senior Squid
NNID
Lolu83
Being an Aerospray main, I have it hard getting good games. One of my best moments though was in which the opponent controlled the tower and it was 5 points away from taking the lead on Hammerhead. As the tower climbed the wall to the plat, I threw a seeker from higher ground and killed the guy on the tower. His 3 teammates all superjumped in to the same spot after one of my teammates killed them in a search-and-destroy earlier that match, I killed all 3, as we pushed the tower back.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
There was one time during Rainmaker on Camp Triggerfish where my team found ourselves in a very tight spot. We had almost lost the game prior - and I mean the other team had 2 points to go. We managed to kill the Rainmaker holder just as she went to place it down and spared ourselves. One of my team mates picked up the Rainmaker and we managed to work together enough to rush it through Camp Triggerfish and over to the other side.

Sometime during this point, the game ended and kicked into overtime. We had managed to make it up to their side when their roller went Kraken on us. I managed to keep the Kraken held back alone with my Heavy Splatling, continuing to knock him off the edge while the Rainmaker holder made it to their pedestal, winning the game.

I have to say that is probably one of the single closest games of Rainmaker I've ever played. :P

Your Wii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
yorwie
Being a new fresh squid on the very old Urchin Underpass. It was splat zone and me and my teammates were behind. The score was 100 to 3. All my teammates died and it's a 1v4 situation. I'm scared to death. They have zone control and map control. I rush in with my .52 Gal and just start getting turf back. I accidentally hit and kill a member and another one pops up next to him. I juke and splat him, then another behind him. The last one jumps over me. I climb up the wall and jump on him to splat him. I'm in the zone now and take it. Me and my teammates gain map control and hold it for all 100 seconds to win the game. I also managed to rank up from C+ to B-. That was the best clutch splatoon moment for me till today. I've wiped teams by myself many times now but that till this day was the best. It was the best feeling ever as a new squid on the block.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Was playing tower control with a :wst_charge_quick01: with all the team splatted when I super jumped on the base, (and got lucky since they were trying to regain control of the map) and landed on the tower, I got on the tower and as we approached the ledge place an inkmine under me as 2 enemy inklings jumped me, I survived this attack (idk how but not complaining) and the inkmine splatted both of them. o_O
So I decided to place another mine as in the same place the other 2 jumped me and AGAIN got splatted by the :inkmine: after seeing their team mates die the exact same way....
Honestly this was already great since I didn't miss one shot but now....

Ayasha89

Full Squid
NNID
Ayasha89
Using a Slosher Deco with :ability_specialduration:and :ability_swimspeed:, I kept pushing forward slowly toward the RM pedestal, and they actually hung back at safety instead of going forward. I believe we got a KO or took the lead. We did that until overtime hit. I love intense matches like that, but man can they drain you after even just one. Speed and aggression is key!

Last edited:

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
I was playing Tower Control on Flounder Heights with a :wst_shot_normal01:. The enemy team was around 5 away from winning, I finally had my special charged up for a :inkzooka:, I use it and splatted the two snipers on the rooftop first, then splatted the remaining two on the tower, my teammates got on the tower. Around 50-40, one teammate :kraken:'d to the finish...Got only 6 points...Better than losing 12 I guess lol.

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
The very first time I cracked S rank was on Splat Zones, Saltspray. Other team ran the counter down to 3 immediately. I said **** it, Super Jumped to a teammate right in the middle of the fray (and I never Super Jump, even in ideal scenarios). Proceeded to get a quad kill and dump a HUUUGE penalty timer on 'em. We ran the zone down to 60 before a charger took out two of my teammates and the last one disconnected. I had my Inkzooka ready and got a quad kill exclusively with that, and retook the zone. Booyahs all around, and our team had the morale boost to ride us all the way to 2 in Overtime even though we were undermanned. It bears repeating that that win got me to S for the first time.

Wonderf

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Wonderf
I was playing tower control on flounder heights with a splash-o-matic and it was overtime for the enemy team as they made a final push. Two of my teammates had been splatted. They were at the ramp and were very close to taking the lead.
I can't remember if I was just out of position or something but I was behind them on top of the building. So I jumped down and took out the inkling guarding the behind of the tower. Then I threw a suction bomb on to the tower where the three other inklings were, two of them were splatted with the explosion and I was able to finish off the other one that was able to jump off in time for the quadra. My remaining teammate was then able to jump on the tower and finish the match.
It was pretty tense but it felt awesome.

supergroovy10

Inkling
NNID
supergroovy10
in a scrim, bluefish tower control using lunar blaster, places ink mine on tower while hoping to abscond the hell away, gets two kills due to running into opponents while absconding, ink mine takes out two on tower (wipe) major push into enemy zone and won with a knockout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom