• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Favorite Video Game Music?

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
Too many. I probably shouldn't count Nintendo games, since it's 9/10 times guaranteed I'll like it. Even then, I have a lot. Here's one.

Dat sax, tho???

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I have to say Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg has my favorite soundtrack, with Sonic Heroes and Super Mario Sunshine close behind. Not gonna lie, it's mainly due to nostalgia.

NNID
TheDeadConspiray
All of Xenoblade has AMAZING music, but if I had to choose, i'd have to go with Zanza.

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
Pre or post Koji Kondo era? (Ocarina of Time)

For me Kondo is a beast. Super Mario World, Link to the Past, all that stuff.
Ocarina of time has some amazing music
In general most of the Zelda songs I get to isten to I really like
One day me and my friend played around with smash's 3ds songs and made up a game where one plays a song and the other needs to recognize what series is that from
He guessed a not very popular Zelda song and I went like "how did you know that?" (he doesn't play Zelda too often) and he replied "It was really good so I assumed it must be Zelda"

SmashCapps

Senior Squid
NNID
Quixzen
Anything from Michiko Naruke. She wrote the music for the entire Wild ARMs series and did a few songs for Smash too. Wild ARMs was my first real video game so I guess it always stuck with me, I even have the soundtrack on CD and listen to it often.

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
These spectacular tracks. Music to my ears.

Those are so nostalgic to me you don't even know
I used to play the game all the time I finished it like 5 times or so idek how didn't I get bored of it
AND THE CHAO GARDEN OH THE CHAO GARDEN I LOVED SO MUCH ME AND MY FRIEND PLAYED IT FOR HOURS

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
Those are so nostalgic to me you don't even know
I used to play the game all the time I finished it like 5 times or so idek how didn't I get bored of it
AND THE CHAO GARDEN OH THE CHAO GARDEN I LOVED SO MUCH ME AND MY FRIEND PLAYED IT FOR HOURS
You and me both, man. SA1 and its nostalgia never gets old.

Bennie

Inkster Jr.
NNID
moogla
This whole soundtrack (not fair because special case of style over all else):
I'd also mention Jet Grind Radio for similar reasons but I think someone else already brought that up.

And this of course for just being so thematically effective (thank you based Mitsuda):

Marxally

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marxally
All the Smash Bros. songs. They take the best Nintendo themes and make them better!

Kraken Wise

Inkling
NNID
nath1343
Xenoblade Chronicles, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, Golden Sun, Final Fantasy XII, Chrono Trigger

Lefty

Nice la~

The first game I played on the PS2, and boy was it worth it. Whenever I listen to the OST I just get chills from nostalgia, the music was freaking beautiful and fit the atmosphere of the game really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom