• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Favorite Video Game Music?

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
All the Smash Bros. songs. They take the best Nintendo themes and make them better!
Those are just remixes for the best hits
It's just like saying "all of the best ones"

btw if I get the chance to comment again I forgot to mention I really like Kid Icarus's music I didn't play a single game of Kid Icarus but I'm loving the music they put there in smash, dark pit's song is so good in my opinion

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
There's not enough Mega Man here.
Have some Genesis mixes.

And a Shovel Knight for good measure.

Radi

Senior Squid
NNID
InfinityBeamX
I don't really have a particular favorite, but I'm a fan of basically every Sonic OST, with the exception of the first few games, Sonic Lost World, and Sonic Boom. The Super Mario Galaxy series has some of my favorite music as well. I could go on, but those are the most notable selections at the moment.

Guineapig126

Inkling
NNID
Guineapig126
Spoiler alert: Don't read this if you have not played through Xenoblade Chronicles because it basically spoils the final boss.
Godslaying Sword and Zanza from Xenoblade Chronicles are AMAZING.

I also really enjoy Id: Purpose, Team Galactic's theme in D/P, Cynthia's theme in D/P and Pursuit - Cornered. Red's theme in HG/SS is another of my favorites. and all of Minecraft's music is beautiful don't lie

EDIT: I forgot Together we Ride and Gerudo Valley. There is a lot more that I love, but these are what're coming to me. OH YEAH and Mechanical Rhythm + You Will Know Our Names. Fire Emblem's main theme is great as well. Why can't I pick one or two D:

EDIT #2: Can I remember anything?! Dark Pit's theme, Destroyed Skyworld, OoT Hyrule Field, Midna's Lament, Sonic Heroes Theme, Reach for the Stars... let me shut up now

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
Anything composed by David Wise. I would post videos, but Chrome is already have a meltdown.

Ah, what the hell.

RacattackForce

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RacattackForce
First non-RPG title that I logged over 100 hours in. And I loved every second of it. Not my favourite song in any game, per se, but it is a song that I love listening to while writing an essay for whatever writing intensive class I'm taking that semester. Special mention to the Smash Bros. 4 remix, which seamlessly turns the beautiful atmospheric tones of the song into a triumph cry of "Yeah, dude. There's an adventure over here. And it's gonna be SICK."

★Forge

Senior Squid
NNID
Slumplush
I like Pokemon Dialga Remix, Mk8 Shy Guy Falls (Nightcore), Splatoon Remixes, And The Splatoon Rap Battle

KungFu

Inkster Jr.
I have quite a bit of a playlist of songs I like to listen to. But the one that is most prevalent to me that I always like to go back to is the Halo 2 soundtrack. Specifically, "Flawed Legacy" is the one I like to listen to a lot cause it reminded me of the missions I played with this song. Being able to go stealth is fun. And hearing the Grunts sleeping before you smack them in the face with a Covenant Carbine is oh so satisfying.

bubble26062

Inkling
I love a ton of the music I hear in video games, but my current favorite has to be the music that plays during the title screen in The Legend of Zelda the Wind Waker.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I have to choose? You fiiiiiiiiiiiiend!

A recent example that comes to mind is the synth-tastic Eschatos soundtrack.

SaltyCal

Full Squid
NNID
Jimbo21
Switch Friend Code
SW-2497-8552-1603
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon has some really good music, as does the Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. I also like the Splatoon OST. Captain Cuttlefish's theme is really cute. I hope Splatoon 2 has something like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom