Favorite weapon you don't main?

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
.96 Gal, at least compared to other automatic shooters; it actually has a penalty for missing shots through its accuracy falloff.
Goo Tuber, a weapon that I occasionally play which I consider to be one of the most fun to use, but it’s sadly not better than any of the other candidates for its role (*cough* Squeezer).

I’d really say my best answer for this question is S-BLAST, an aggressive weapon that requires a lot of skill to use effectively. Not my personal cup of tea, but I respect people who are determined to play it well.

Ktdubz

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1873-9192-0517
I have a huge respect to splatlings and blasters, as a brush main. I’ve tried blasters, but I struggled with ink consumption

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Dualies, like, every one of them. I'm not very good at them but they're super fun to fight and to watch. Plus, they're really difficult to play in my experience

Jadestrouble

Inkling
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-1483-7141-0247
Reeflux Deco.

Its an amazing main weapon and despite what other ppl say its super fun with reefslider. 1000x better than the missiles kit instead of paint spamming you actually have to use the main weapon and its soooo satisfying when you get kills.,

If i was good at aiming i definitely would consider maining it.

S3LKIE

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/Her
this is such a great question! for sure either machine. idk why but I really love how Neo machine looks with the label and dark stripe. and although I play anchor I love fizzy and think vmachine is insanely fun casually. either tent also. not my playstyle but really fun weapons and great when they worked around with a team. I also used to play all splatanas and Dualies and I think they're great!

LinnGreene

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DaLegendofLink
Switch Friend Code
SW-3632-0631-3237
Obnoxiously love seeing sword/wiper players as much as I hate facing against them.

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
Dualies, like, every one of them. I'm not very good at them but they're super fun to fight and to watch. Plus, they're really difficult to play in my experience
Same! It's my personal goal to 3 star every Dualie, I'm not GOOD at them (I'm probably best at vDapples and nDapples because I've 4 and 5 starred them respectively, though I've 4 starred vDualies too), but MAN they are fun to watch, fun to fight, AND fun to play. I'm a huge fan of Dualie V Dualie fights were you get into like, circles of death. Like how galaxies circle each other as they collide, Dualies trying to dodge roll around each other as they fight. I <3 Dualies

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Same! It's my personal goal to 3 star every Dualie, I'm not GOOD at them (I'm probably best at vDapples and nDapples because I've 4 and 5 starred them respectively, though I've 4 starred vDualies too), but MAN they are fun to watch, fun to fight, AND fun to play. I'm a huge fan of Dualie V Dualie fights were you get into like, circles of death. Like how galaxies circle each other as they collide, Dualies trying to dodge roll around each other as they fight. I <3 Dualies
Me too, I love weapons that can stall long enough so they have like, the most intense duels in the game. I had a similar thing with another splat brella player receently (I think their ign was VA Tent or something) where for like 10 seconds we were circling each other, menacingly, like close your shield I dare you. Super fun

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Ahh… wait, I nearly forgot all three brellas.
I do like to use them for fun every now and then, but I usually prefer weapons with better paint or range.
Big respect to Brella players for willing to play the best-designed worst-balanced weapon class in the game.

Last edited:

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
It's so beautiful that you still have such a good relationship with your ex. 😢

Oney

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Oney
Switch Friend Code
SW-8066-2302-3824
I think weapon design is easily one of the best parts of Splatoon, and even weapons I don't like playing I often find myself admiring for other reasons like visual or audio design, so, I ask, what are some weapons you don't main that you still really like, and why?

For me, I think my answers are probably Carbon Roller (Vanilla or Deco), Glooga Dualies, and E-liter. For Carbon, they're a weapon that while I don't play, I definitely think I would really enjoy playing if I did. I really like fast kill speed short range range weapons, and while Carbon Deco gets the benefit of Burst combos, I think vCarbon getting Zip is really cool.

For Glooga Dualies, I actually genuinely hate playing them. I have a personal goal to 3 star every Dualie (Currently achieved, but obviously the new season and new Dualies released means it's time to get back on that Dualie grind!), and I can not stand the way Gloogas play. But man. That sound design. The sound design of Splatoon as a whole is really good, but I feel like Gloogas really hit the nail on the head. Like, yeah, if you jerry-rigged a glue gun to shoot glue sticks, that's what it'd sound like alright. I'm just obsessed with how good they sound

E-liter is in a similar boat to Gloogas, I hate playing it (...kind of. Despite doing unbelievably worse with Chargers due to my inability to aim, I actually like them more than Gloogas), but the sound design just absolutely works. E-liter also gets extra points for just feeling powerful, the loud shot sound, long range, and 1-shot ability just make it feel strong and intimidating, despite the fact it's absolutely not when its in my hands, but that feeling of immense power makes it still fun to use for me
vL3 is SOOO underrated, In a perfect world, id have swapped the specials of L3 (Crab) and Clash Blaster (Zooka)

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
It's so beautiful that you still have such a good relationship with your ex. 😢
LMAOOO
Oh you know, the initial breakup was hard on the both of us, but we're on better terms now. She and I get along better now (Occasionally playing ranked matches with nDapples) than we ever did together (Constant burnout from the game as a whole from maining nDapples)

ragingpluto

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2402-0807-8415
I think weapon design is easily one of the best parts of Splatoon, and even weapons I don't like playing I often find myself admiring for other reasons like visual or audio design, so, I ask, what are some weapons you don't main that you still really like, and why?

For me, I think my answers are probably Carbon Roller (Vanilla or Deco), Glooga Dualies, and E-liter. For Carbon, they're a weapon that while I don't play, I definitely think I would really enjoy playing if I did. I really like fast kill speed short range range weapons, and while Carbon Deco gets the benefit of Burst combos, I think vCarbon getting Zip is really cool.

For Glooga Dualies, I actually genuinely hate playing them. I have a personal goal to 3 star every Dualie (Currently achieved, but obviously the new season and new Dualies released means it's time to get back on that Dualie grind!), and I can not stand the way Gloogas play. But man. That sound design. The sound design of Splatoon as a whole is really good, but I feel like Gloogas really hit the nail on the head. Like, yeah, if you jerry-rigged a glue gun to shoot glue sticks, that's what it'd sound like alright. I'm just obsessed with how good they sound

E-liter is in a similar boat to Gloogas, I hate playing it (...kind of. Despite doing unbelievably worse with Chargers due to my inability to aim, I actually like them more than Gloogas), but the sound design just absolutely works. E-liter also gets extra points for just feeling powerful, the loud shot sound, long range, and 1-shot ability just make it feel strong and intimidating, despite the fact it's absolutely not when its in my hands, but that feeling of immense power makes it still fun to use for me
splatana stamper, its just such a fun weapon with such a unique playstyle its great

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom