• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Fightan Games Social: Kung Jin is an Idiot

DigDeep

Senior Squid
I'm going around forums to check for interest for a tournament I'd like to get started so I thought I'd ask Squisboards in this thread rather than opening a new one and clogging up the forums!

Is anyone in the area of the Galloping Ghost Arcade and if so are you interested in having a tournament for Rival Schools? They have the arcade cabinet and I thought it'd be great for a fun retro tournament. Thought I'd check around for interest before I go ask them about specifics.

Nap1400

Inkling
NNID
Nap1400
What state is this arcade at? I've always been interested in Rival Schools but I doubt I'd make it to a local like that unless it's really close, haha.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
What state is this arcade at? I've always been interested in Rival Schools but I doubt I'd make it to a local like that unless it's really close, haha.
It's in Illinois! They have a Facebook page with tons of info on the place. They're the largest arcade in the world with over 400 games.

Nap1400

Inkling
NNID
Nap1400
Ah, yep, probably won't be able to make it to that. I'm a New York guy, haha. Checked the cost of the trip to go there because I wanted to see if I could get to Combo Breaker, the flight woulda cost me like $350 alone. Sorry, I'd go if I could, but I can't.

Jaguar360

Inkling
Dead or Alive is my main fighting game aside from Smash Bros. I have Soulcalibur IV, Virtua Fighter 5: FS and Sonic the Fighters, but I can't really get into the first two and the latter isn't taken seriously (for good reason lol). I'm interested in Blazblue mainly for the story, but I haven't been able to get it yet and I suck at 2D fighters anyway.

So in DOA, I've been a Hayabusa main and Hayate secondary for life and started with what is still my favorite game in the series, DOA3. Haven't played on my Xbox or Xbox 360 in a while, so it's been months since I've played DOA apart from Dimensions on 3DS. In DOA5/5U (don't have Last Round quite yet), I also use Alpha-152 and Leon alongside Hayabusa and Hayate, along with a bit of other characters Kasumi, Ayane and Rig.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I love Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter, MKX and SFV are the only games that are remotely pulling me towards buying a PS4 right now.

I'm also quite a fan of Tekken, my first one was Dark Resurrection on the PSP. King all the way.

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
Am I the only one that likes Kung Jin? owo;

But yeah, I wish I can play MKX right now, but I don't have a PS4 and the PC port's not doing so good from what I've heard, so I'll just have to wait to save up some more money to get the PS3 port after June.

CoopLan

Squid Streamer
NNID
LanceHS
When I played my Gamecube, I was really into Dragonball Z: Budokai, and Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2.

I also really liked Tekken 5 and Soul Calibur.

So many great fighting games!
The class of ninja revolution games are so so so good. O played them so much back when they were the newest game.

JbrockPony

Inkling
NNID
JbrockPony
Does anyone play KI on xbone? I haven't touched another fighting game (except mk for a few days) since that came out, truly an amazing game!
I use to play KI on Xbone until I had to store my Xbone in the basement due to lack of space in my room .-.

Funny I got the Xbone just because how hyped it was in the trailer and I never even played the original KI.

I'm going around forums to check for interest for a tournament I'd like to get started so I thought I'd ask Squisboards in this thread rather than opening a new one and clogging up the forums!

Is anyone in the area of the Galloping Ghost Arcade and if so are you interested in having a tournament for Rival Schools? They have the arcade cabinet and I thought it'd be great for a fun retro tournament. Thought I'd check around for interest before I go ask them about specifics.
I'm within the chicago area so I'm a drive away. Maybe one day Ill get a carpool to check out Galloping Ghost Arcade. It would be awesome to see a retro tournament with rival schools.I have japanese copy of rival schools to play at home but I'm curious to see how the arcade cabinet looks. I've been meaning to attend their smash tournaments on the side as well.

JbrockPony

Inkling
NNID
JbrockPony
Oh and Hi guys,

my fighter favs outside Smash:

Tekken series
Capcom vs series (SNK, Marvel, Tatsunoko)
Skull Girls
KI
Persona 4 arena
BlazeBlue
Dead or Alive

Id say im average when it comes to traditional fighting games. I can pull off basic strings RK + LK + RP + RP + whatever or Light Medium Heavy on 2D fighters. Though one day I'm looking into getting better once I can use an arcade stick on the same level as me using my gamecube controller in Smash when it comes to efficiency.

MINUS

The Once and Future King
NNID
TRUEB7UE
Oh man is it really? That's embarrassing, I guess i just have a case of needing to git gud.
And if 2D and 3D are so different, I'd still like to pick up Tekken on the Ps3.
If you plan on getting Tekken, Tekken Tag 2 is a great starting point and there are plenty of in-game as well as video tutorials to help ease you into the Z-axis. Also check avoidingthepuddle.com and tekkenzaibatsu.com both are excellent resources for learning the game at all levels.

SquidBuster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DubaloSeven
Yo who plays Guilty Gear Xrd in here?

I've been putting a ton of time into it lately and it's definitely shown, I'm waaaay better than I was when I started back in January. I really love this game a ton and I'm aiming to eventually be at a point where I can consistently get out of pools at bigger tournaments. It'll be awhile but I'll get there.

Also barely anyone plays but I'm actually really solid at this terrible game called Dengeki-Bunko Fighting Climax. The game is so simplistic, it's half-*****, and has a terrible roster but I love it anyways. Akira for life.

Smooth Criminal

Full Squid
I kinda sorta play Xrd. Huuuuge fan of GG, been playing since the old PS1 incarnation from wayyyyyy back when. Xrd is legit as ****, but I'm not gonna take it super serious until I figure out my plans for fighters after EVO.

I play Bedman in this game. Heard he got a metric ton of buffs in the patch. Who do ya'll play?

Smooth Criminal

SquidBuster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DubaloSeven
I play Ky Kiske, I really like his simpler design and neutral based playstyle. His tools are pretty basic but there's a surprising amount of this you can do with him. Also when I play him I feel like I'm learning skills that I can transfer over easily should I switch mains in the future.

Smooth Criminal

Full Squid
Well, along with Sol, Ky is the shoto of the game. They're both good characters to learn fundamentals with.

Smooth Criminal

SquidBuster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DubaloSeven
Ky definitely plays like a shoto for sure, but I don't think I'd call Sol a shoto. His zoning game is very different from one and that's not his main battle strategy. Sol is much more of a pressure and rushdown character, and has alot of very not-shoto tools to help him achieve that.

MrAnimorie

Inkling
NNID
MrAnimorie
Fighting games are easily my number one favorite. Since I was younger, just the older SNK games were so much fun. Now'a days I mainly play Tekken, but no fighting game outside of my consoles or emulators are out of reach.

And yes Kung Jin is an idiot, yeah Raiden is an idiot too, but Kung is just a trash garbage idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom