• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Final Smash Presentation Discussion

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Bayonetta 2 sold like crap and gets a character and a stage

Splatoon Sold amazingly and gets nothing but two mii costumes...
Nintendo and Sakurai bias pretty much. It makes no damn sense.

Does the new FE game even need to pull a Roy in Melee and have advertising from the DLC character? These games already sell well.
Don't see why they're selling well. The recent games are filled with disturbing otaku bait (unless this is actually why they're selling well).

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
There's also Pokémon, but that's up for debate, as they're loading their entire freemium strategy onto it. But the ones that aren't are quite solid.

Also, Corrin can turn into Arceus. That's awesome.

No-Intro-Needed

Inkling
NNID
SuperMario28
I'm just unhappy that Splatoon only got Mii fighter costumes and not at least a stage or even Inklings as DLC. I just find it unfair that Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World has a stage and music even though they were released after SSB4. I had high hopes for Inklings and find it unbelievable that there is very little representation in SSB4. I didn't want to wait until SSB5 (there is no conformation that it will even happen). Who knows when it will come out, my best assumption would be 8-10 years from now and Splatoon wouldn't be as popular as it is now.

I didn't think the direct was terrible, it just had no mention of Splatoon at all.

Ayykari

Senior Squid
I guess........

I really despise Fire Emblem now......
It was mainly promotion for the game. I see it as a somewhat questionable choice, seeing as how the game isn't anywhere near being released in the US and Splatoon is very popular now and will likely continue to be for a while. But hey, I'm not complaining too badly, since I'm really hyped for Fates.

Seeing as Bayonetta was the ballot winner, we can't really argue too much against her inclusion. Again, it's a bit questionable, but if the masses wanted Bayonetta, they're going to get Bayonetta. That was the point of the ballot, after all. I wanted Inklings, but I can live without them until the next Smash. If there is a next Smash.

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
Seeing as Bayonetta was the ballot winner, we can't really argue too much against her inclusion. Again, it's a bit questionable, but if the masses wanted Bayonetta, they're going to get Bayonetta. That was the point of the ballot, after all. I wanted Inklings, but I can live without them until the next Smash. If there is a next Smash.
Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like a lot of people need to be reminded that she was 1st overall. So there's no reason to argue against her anyway - they asked what people wanted and people told them what they wanted. She's more popular than Inklings, so people should just deal with it - I for myself am happy she got included. Not my vote, but definitely one I really like.

As for the Fire Emblem character: Absolutely agreeing with everyone on this point so far.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Splatoon is being mistreated by nintendo right now
It doesn't have a woman wearing a skin tight outfit or any weeb crap in Fire Emblem. That's why it's being mistreated along with Zelda & Animal Crossing.

does nintendo even care that splatoon brought the wii-u's name back into the minds of gamers?
Probably not. They think Super Mario Maker's more important despite not being a game. I really hate Nintendo right now.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
so do i.....Splatoon overcame the odds and even won Best Multiplayer game and best shooter at the annual video game awards yet it gets no respect from nintendo

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'm happy for Platinum Games because they honestly deserve this after all of the **** they've been through. I'm not a big fan of Bayo however but I'm happy for Platinum.

But real talk, I'm extremely salty over Corrin. He's product placement and nothing more. I will never buy another Fire Emblem game again, not like it matters. It's hardly the same series anymore with how creepy it is.

The recent games are filled with disturbing otaku bait (unless this is actually why they're selling well).
Bingo.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
Cloud has No Business being in smash and Bayonetta's incusion after Nintendo ignored Bayonetta 2's existence and didn't bother to promote it seems really stupid

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like a lot of people need to be reminded that she was 1st overall. So there's no reason to argue against her anyway - they asked what people wanted and people told them what they wanted. She's more popular than Inklings, so people should just deal with it - I for myself am happy she got included. Not my vote, but definitely one I really like.
But her games didn't sell well. She's only popular because she's wearing a skin-tight outfit. Seriously, she disturbs me.

But real talk, I'm extremely salty over Corrin. He's product placement and nothing more. I will never buy another Fire Emblem game again, not like it matters. It's hardly the same series anymore with how creepy it is.
Even his design disturbs me. He definitely screams weeb bait to me. Why, Japan?

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
But her games didn't sell well. She's only popular because she's wearing a skin-tight outfit. Seriously, she disturbs me.
Doesn't change the fact that she won the ballot. There is nothing to argue about, really. You can say you're upset, that's fine but you really can't blame nintendo for putting the winner of that ballot in the game.

As for Corrin: Fire Emblem has way too many characters in Smash and I couldn't care less about Corrin. Couldn't care less about Fire Emblem as well.
So yeah I'd have been happier to have another Character take his slot as well.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Even his design disturbs me. He definitely screams weeb bait to me. Why, Japan?
Because Fire Emblem had to pander to the growing weeb and otaku audience in order to survive in this day and age. Fates is a more extreme version of the fanservice found in Awakening with some hideous character designs and a feature that makes my skin crawl called "skinship". I don't care if it likely gets removed from the western version, it exists in the Japanese version and that is enough to make me despise the game along with the mountain of creepy **** in it.

I'm holding back my anger so much from Corrin. I'm trying here. But I can't believe that Sakurai had the balls to add another Fire Emblem character and disrespect the demand for the Inklings. Especially considering the game Corrin comes from...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom