• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Final Smash Presentation Discussion

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
Would just like to point out that Bayonetta didn't actually win the vote. She got "First Place for Overall Votes" then an asterisk below it saying "of the feasible choices". Feasible is kinda subjective.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Would just like to point out that Bayonetta didn't actually win the vote. She got "First Place for Overall Votes" then an asterisk below it saying "of the feasible choices". Feasible is kinda subjective.
All the skilled players gathered for Team Bayonetta while the young inexperienced players chose Team Goku.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
well something that needs to be point out is that while splatoon isn't getting much attention in the west, it has a lot and i mean a lot of attention in japan. just check their japanese twitter page. spots in museums, boat trips and lots of other stuff. i'm honestly not surprised they didn't make it in. and bayonetta was number one voted worldwide. she won the ballot fair and square, even though her game didn't sell well, that doesn't mean she doesn't deserve it. bayonetta herself is loved by many gamers. yeah yeah i know splatoon sole incredibly well and it's a really great game and all, heck i play splatoon more than smash, but it is what it is. i'm honestly not a fan of the fact that they included another FE character, but he/she does look really cool and fun to play as. well that's just my opinion at least. also i feel like you guys are bashing other great games for no reason. bayonetta is a lot more than just a girl in skimpy outfits (never played FE so i wouldn't know what it's like).

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Because Fire Emblem had to pander to the growing weeb and otaku audience in order to survive in this day and age. Fates is a more extreme version of the fanservice found in Awakening with some hideous character designs and a feature that makes my skin crawl called "skinship". I don't care if it likely gets removed from the western version, it exists in the Japanese version and that is enough to make me despise the game along with the mountain of creepy **** in it.

I'm holding back my anger so much from Corrin. I'm trying here. But I can't believe that Sakurai had the balls to add another Fire Emblem character and disrespect the demand for the Inklings. Especially considering the game Corrin comes from...
I blame the weebs and otaku for changing everything like anime & video games for the extreme worst. They're the reason why some of our favorite game franchises become only catered to them. It's why I don't think I'll be buying a whole lot of games from Nintendo if they keep doing this crap. They're really horrible to me at this point.

Sakurai should go **** himself for ticking us off here.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
well something that needs to be point out is that while splatoon isn't getting much attention in the west, it has a lot and i mean a lot of attention in japan. just check their japanese twitter page. spots in museums, boat trips and lots of other stuff. i'm honestly not surprised they didn't make it in. and bayonetta was number one voted worldwide. she won the ballot fair and square, even though her game didn't sell well, that doesn't mean she doesn't deserve it. bayonetta herself is loved by many gamers. yeah yeah i know splatoon sole incredibly well and it's a really great game and all, heck i play splatoon more than smash, but it is what it is. i'm honestly not a fan of the fact that they included another FE character, but he/she does look really cool and fun to play as. well that's just my opinion at least. also i feel like you guys are bashing other great games for no reason. bayonetta is a lot more than just a girl in skimpy outfits (never played FE so i wouldn't know what it's like).
Bayonetta isn't all that popular either, so this is just more BS. Women wearing skimpy clothing offends me as a woman who's against this kind of thing.

EDIT: Didn't mean for the double post.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Bayonetta isn't all that popular either, so this is just more BS. Women wearing skimpy clothing offends me as a woman who's against this kind of thing.
ok, i don't mean to sound like an ***, but what you said is actually really really funny. i don't mean to make to make this into an unrelated discussion. so basically, women don't have the freedom to wear what they like? ok, gotcha. i'm super excited for bayonetta. i actually wanted to vote for her in the ballot, but didn't think it was possible so i didn't vote at all.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I blame the weebs and otaku for changing everything like anime & video games for the extreme worst. They're the reason why some of our favorite game franchises become only catered to them. It's why I don't think I'll be buying a whole lot of games from Nintendo if they keep doing this crap. They're really horrible to me at this point.

Sakurai should go **** himself for ticking us off here.
You said it. Sakurai should go **** himself and see if Corrin wants to join him. But yes, anime has been very unwatchable for me now and I can only watch shows made in the early 2000's and older due to less pandering to weebs and otakus. I grew out of that **** when I turned 21 and seeing it all over the things I love hurts me. I respect women a ton considering I was raised by one for the majority of my life and she worked her *** off her whole life and is still going. Seeing women portrayed this way makes me sick especially when it's now getting in the games I love.

My lack of money and lack of caring about the majority of Nintendo's games means I've been spending less too.

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco

Let's be fair it wouldn't have matter who won the ballot people are going to be mad and upset while others are going to be happy. If the inkling did win people would be mad that a old character didn't get in like they did with Shulk. People just want the character they want and hate when the character they didn't want gets in.

Ayykari

Senior Squid
I'm a bit unhappy with Splatoon's lack of representation, and I agree with Corrin's inclusion being mainly product placement. But, it's Nintendo and Sakurai's choice. Maybe not the smartest choice or the choice that would keep the fans the happiest, but it's their choice. Product placement isn't necessarily bad, though, and it makes sense in this case. Corrin's game is coming out in February, so releasing him in Smash and announcing him now would hopefully generate hype. Of course, not everyone is happy. Badmouthing the developers themselves seems a bit harsh, though.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Holy jumping saints aplenty riding on a candy pink fatboy. I haven't seen this much butthurt since Sega gave Sonic blue eyes.

i see smash 5 coming out in 7-10 years will splatoon still be relevant by then?
Cpt. Falcon was for the original SSB. Cpt. Olimar was for Brawl. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in a later Smash Bros game.

Seriously guys, chill. It's just a game. You can always hold out for an SSB mod that makes them playable.

As for Fire Emblem, I actually enjoy it. I don't get why people rage over it either. It's a popular series right now, just like how Mega Man was popular enough on the NES that they made eight. Getting mad over Nintendo favoring franchises that are selling versus ones that arent is kinda silly. You're basically expecting them to randomly stop wanting to make money just to make a certain group of fans happy. I think that falls. under the category of "unrealistic expectations.". AW had a pretty solid romhack community. for a long time. If you want to get more life out of those games, perhaps you can give some of those a try?

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
The ballot winner, Bayonetta. I could literally die of being too damn excited right now. She was the absolute number one character that I was hoping for in Smash once Sakurai posted the Smash ballot online. For over a year all I could think of how awesome it would be if Bayonetta came to Smash. I was thinking of movesets for her and everything. (Ex Down B being her witch time). I told all my friends that of my top 5 characters I wanted in Smash, Bayonetta would be number one. All my friends told me it would be impossible because she is too sexy, her games are too bloody, and she fights naked half the time. After playing Bayonetta 2 and the first, I went to Bayonetta soundtracks on youtube posting comments saying "Bayonetta for Smash". I got lots of people on the Bayonetta bandwagon, and of course I also got lots of haters.

Anyway, today, the final announcement of the Smash bros series, after Corrin was announced (I love the fire emblem series too so I was happy that he/she got in) I expected the ballot winners to be a character that was posted everywhere online (Bayonetta being one ofc, but others too) like K Rool, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Inkling (was my second choice btw). I would have been happy about anyone. The announcement for the final character finally came on. Once it scrolled to the moon and I heard Bayonetta's voice, I COMPLETELY LOST IT. I stood up, I screamed at the top of my lungs, then I broke down and cried. I just absolutely could not believe what I was watching. I felt as if I was meeting God for the first time. All my thoughts and dreams that I've kept over the year coming true. All those haters saying she would never be in were eating their words. My screaming ended up waking my sister up. She ran to my room in a state of panic asking me what happened and what was the matter. I literally just ran up to her and hugged her. I told her everything would be fine and that I never felt happier in my entire life.

End.

PS: I also understand if people picked characters they wanted and they didn't win. I would have been the same way. However you probably would have been me if your number one character was picked as well. There are probably people out there feeling the exact same way as me. I'm just one of those screaming fanboys that just have to share how I feel lol.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Let's be fair it wouldn't have matter who won the ballot people are going to be mad and upset while others are going to be happy. If the inkling did win people would be mad that a old character didn't get in like they did with Shulk. People just want the character they want and hate when the character they didn't want gets in.
oh i know very well. it just irks me that they're going around bashing sakurai and other games just because inklings didn't get into smash. that's just really immature in my eyes.
I'm a bit unhappy with Splatoon's lack of representation
they're not very well represented in the west, but they get represented a lot in japan. the japanese splatoon twitter is filled with a bunch of stuff they did with splatoon.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
which makes zero sense since Splatoon sold welll all around not just japan
the fact that it was made in japan, probably has something to do it.
on another note. bayonetta's combos look so freaking awesome. i wonder how good they'll actually be. in the right hands, bayonetta can become a really beastly character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom