Final Smash Presentation Discussion

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Mmmm, that Corrin salt is delicious~

It may not be a statement many will agree with, but Corrin being released and added to Sm4sh in February is so badass! I was not entirely expecting that to be honest, but when they opened up with it, I damn near popped a blood vessel lol. I know everyone is thinking "Great another FE character" but, this character is ACTUALLY different, and entirely different, not just tipper/hilt/neutral different. Their moveset is 100% original, they have some absolutely amazing animations and moves, they look quick and very well altered to work in Smash. I LOVE the inclusion of Corrin, and I honestly cannot wait for February. I will most certainly be maining Corrin the day they come out. It's going to be a long 2 months.
THANK YOU. I can't stand the fact that people have complained about every single Fire Emblem character that's new to this game. Robin was completely original and has a very unique playstyle. Lucina was understandable, but she wasn't DLC and she took very little effort to make. It's not like K. Rool or someone didn't make it in because of her. Roy, while still a clone, has attained Luigi status. He's still very similar to Marth, but he has many small differences that combine to make him feel different. He's overall faster, in his moves, running, and falling, and his sweetspot being toward the hilt makes you have to get in as close as possible, whereas Marth focuses on hitting his opponents at just the right distance.

Corrin is another completely unique character, like Robin is. There's frankly not much more to it, he's simply not a Marth clone, and he's not like any other swordsman in the game either. In fact, not that many of his attacks even use his sword! A lot of them are Dragon Fang attacks. At the end of the day, people have little reason to be salty over Corrin, especially since he had no part in the Smash Ballot. As unexpected as he was, I welcome his addition to the roster, and look forward to playing as him.

After spending some time with Cloud tonight... wow, he's a lot of fun. Definitely main material for me. He feels very similar to Shulk in some ways, and his Limit Break mechanic adds a great layer of strategy to his otherwise hack-n-slash playstyle. Should I save my Limit Break for recovery? Or should I use it now to possibly KO my opponent? Overall an excellent addition to the roster

Bayonetta! Bayonetta!? HYYYYYPE! I went crazy as soon as I heard that snarky British voice. While I'm not a fan of... explicity (explicitness?) in my games, I absolutely love Bayonetta's personality, and while I've only played the Bayonetta 2 Demo, in regards to her actual games, I had so much fun with it, so I'm very glad Bayonetta is coming to the game. She looks crazy good, too! Combos everywhere! I have a feeling we'll be seeing her in tournaments a lot. Also, side note: they seem to have toned down the "her clothes come off when she attacks" thing, which is understandable, and in my case, preferred. Sorry, it feels like the game is treating me like a perv when my reward for doing combos is Bayonetta getting skimpier, so I'm happy with this change from the actual Bayonetta games. Overall, another really great addition to the roster!

My expectations were Wolf and Inkling. Needless to say, I was wrong. But you know what? I'm not salty about it. I feel like Wolf would have been easy money, since he's a highly requested veteran, but I honestly wouldn't have played him that much, really. While Inklings would have been cool, I can see how it would have been hard to translate their playstyle into a 2D fighting game, which plays nothing like Splatoon in any way. Maybe we'll see the Inklings in Smash someday (NX?), but for now, I'll just enjoy them in Splatoon.

So in conclusion, while I am somewhat disappointed that Smash DLC is ending, and we all knew this day would come eventually, what a way to go out! I am overall very pleased with the surprise additions we got, and if they're even half as fun as Cloud, I'll love playing as both Corrin and Bayonetta.

Now... Sakurai needs to take a vacation in the Bahamas or something. He deserves a nice long break after the incredible game he's worked so hard to bring us.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
is fire emblem a top tier nintendo franchise now or something? they got more reps than a lot of other games featured here

First world problems.. Am I right?

The end is not nigh my friends. Let Nintendo keep giving us new maps, gear, and weapons for splatoon. The lack of an inkling in smash it not a harbinger of doom. If splatoon isn't around for the next smash bros its not because people forgot or the lack of support from Nintendo it will be because the game is no longer fun.
Splatoon will never be as popular as it is now...if they do get into smash brothers nobody will care because by then their hype factor will no longer exist and their popularity will probably be non existent

a sequel isn't happening anytime soon if the next nintendo console truly is on the horizon...so if nintendo wants splatoon to survive they gotta start expanding it before then

If The Wii-U is a sinking ship they are prepared to abandon then does that mean splatoon's days are already numbered?

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Splatoon will never be as popular as it is now...if they do get into smash brothers nobody will care because by then their hype factor will no longer exist and their popularity will probably be non existent

a sequel isn't happening anytime soon if the next nintendo console truly is on the horizon...so if nintendo wants splatoon to survive they gotta start expanding it before then

If The Wii-U is a sinking ship they are prepared to abandon then does that mean splatoon's days are already numbered?
There is a ton of merchandising of Splatoon items in Japan. I even preordered the Squid Sister plushies. They definetely are not forgotten there. In the U.S., in the Nintendo World Store in NYC there are Splatoon merch being sold like the Squid cushions that got sold out when I last went there and they also have official Splatoon tees. These are just two of I would say about 5 or 6 different kinds of shirts.

That is a lot more than what most new Nintendo franchises ever get. Don't worry about it being forgotten.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
sorry since i don't live in new york it's not like I'd know that...and it's just the worry about being forgotten it's that the Wii-U can't match up with the competition no matter what they do and all eyes being on whatever the NX is....has made many believe that the Wii-U is soon to be dead and if that's the case

how many people will still care about splatoon when the NX Arrives?

also i wouldn't expect them to be forgotten in japan but unless you live in new york or japan....Nintendo Products are very scarce aside from the games and amiibo's

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
sorry since i don't live in new york it's not like I'd know that...and it's just the worry about being forgotten it's that the Wii-U can't match up with the competition no matter what they do and all eyes being on whatever the NX is....has made many believe that the Wii-U is soon to be dead and if that's the case

how many people will still care about splatoon when the NX Arrives?
Well people cared about Golden Sun and wanted Isaac from Golden Sun to get in and he was last playable in the GBA days and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn is a DS title while the current handheld platform is the 3DS.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
the thing is I'd Prefer Callie/Marie to get into something because the generic inklings don't really have any personality or traits to back themselves up and make them memorable

at least with the squid sisters they are Bombastic Pop Idols

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
the thing is I'd Prefer Callie/Marie to get into something because the generic inklings don't really have any personality or traits to back themselves up and make them memorable

at least with the squid sisters they are Bombastic Pop Idols
Villager is a generic character you can customize in the Animal Crossing games and look at how he/she was handled in Smash.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
that's animal crossing though....i just think they could do more with Callie/Marie especially with the victory scene(which would basically be a musical performance instead of simply splatting the screen with ink)

I'd like to see various color alts of them instead of the inkling getting in and all their alts just being Male/Female with different hats

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Way to be so optimistic man. . . Jeez. . .

If the Wii U is on its last legs, that isn't stopping Splatoon from moving on with the new systems, there's no way Nintendo is going to drop their biggest and newest IP, that'd be the stupidest thing they could possibly do.

It's exactly reasons like this that I tell people NOT to expect ****. Because when they don't get what they want, their panties get wadded up and they whine and moan about how bad the game is now, not saying you specifically, this is more of a general statement. I wanted Isaac, didn't get him, I haven't played a single Bayonetta game in my life, but you know what, I'm not upset Bayonetta made it in and Isaac didn't, I'm not upset there is another FE character, I'm not upset Shantae and Shovel Knight didn't make it. People that had their minds made up and invested so much hope into something that had about a 1 in 300 chance of happening did this to themselves. I'm happy with who is getting added into Smash in the next coming months and you should too.

Stop hoping the universe is somehow centered on you and be happy for what we've gotten. Both Corrin and Bayonetta look like GREAT characters and are completely different from any other character we've seen before.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
that's animal crossing though....i just think they could do more with Callie/Marie especially with the victory scene(which would basically be a musical performance instead of simply splatting the screen with ink)

I'd like to see various color alts of them instead of the inkling getting in and all their alts just being Male/Female with different hats
Well if the next game has a victory screen more like Brawl's where you can see the losing character's whole body, it will be worth it to have the generic Inklings for their losing animation to be their tantrums (there are losing characters that don't clap).

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
Your right i mean nintendo sure did a good job with promoting Bayonetta 2 and securing it's place as a three million dollar seller

Well if the next game has a victory screen more like Brawl's where you can see the losing character's whole body, it will be worth it to have the generic Inklings for their losing animation to be their tantrums (there are losing characters that don't clap).
i doubt Inklings will have various animations just for losing/winning

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
i doubt Inklings will have various animations just for losing/winning
Who said they needed all of them? They will probably go for the one where they are on the floor banging their weapon on the floor as that is probably the first losing animation a first time player will noticed since they only have the Splattershot Jr. at level 1.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
whatever...it's probably 7-10 years until the next smash game so regardless it's gonna take a lot to keep the splatoons fresh in everyone's minds until then

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
is fire emblem a top tier nintendo franchise now or something? they got more reps than a lot of other games featured here
It must be. I mean, it's getting a lot more love than something like Metroid or Zelda now.

The way Nintendo's been treating Splatoon, I wouldn't be too surprised that the IP is already pretty screwed at this point. For a successful new IP, you'd think Nintendo will give it more respect instead of still relying on an ancient franchise like Mario. This is what I hate about Nintendo. When there's a franchise that many people adore, they either don't market it all that much or change the formula so much, it doesn't resemble any of the past games. But, Mario & Fire Emblem get better treatment for some damn reason.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
it's why i hate people who keep saying well maybe they'll get into the next smash game or hey at least there's a sequel most likely in the works

first off

1.We don't even know if there will be another smash game and even so it's probably gonna be on the NX Not the wii-u and it'll probably be years from now
and

2.Nintendo has neither confirmed or denied the existence of a splatoon sequel and with how hush hush they've been about splatoon aside from splat fests and the update gear i think they are just waiting until the updates are over in early 2016...which will probably signal the end of splatoon

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Smash 5 may not happen anyway since it's been confirmed that Sakurai's done with the series. Even if there was one in the works, it probably won't come out for several more years.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
so that's why I'm so mad that they couldn't somehow make some room for splatoon in this game...because this could be the last smash game and even if it's not splatoon's not gonna be in the next one

this is splatoon's time not 7-10 years from now but right now!

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I like how you bust people's balls for speculating they'll be in the next smash and then, go about speculating there will never be another smash and the Inklings won't make it, and that they are going to leave their new cash cow of an IP behind.

We get it, Inklings didn't make it, you're upset about it, but get over it. Isaac didn't make it, K Rool didn't make it FREAKING SHOVEL KNIGHT didn't make, there are so many people that could have won and made it in smash, Inklings didn't. You are upset about 1 of HUNDREDS of characters that didn't make it, so please, take your emotions, stuff them WAY down into your stomach and stop sulking in this thread. It's aggravating, I'm not going to lie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom