• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Fire Emblem Social Thread

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
Foleo's a guy? I couldn't tell, between the looking-like-Elise-and-Mozume-did-a-fusion-dance-ness and starting in the pretty-much-girls-only staves-on-a-horse class. Honestly I thought he was Elise's kid for a sec, but that's not how kids work in this one.
Yes and it's amazing.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Yes and it's amazing.
Cool.
Also, I have a few more questions, if you don't mind:
Firstly, is Rinkah really bad? I've heard she's terrible, and I don't want it to be true because I never have good Fighters and I was hoping she'd be an exception, but I've seen it repeated a bunch of times over on Serenes, so I thought I'd ask. (Also, does she really have a 40% HP growth? I've heard the stat growths in Fates are lower than in Awakening, but that seems a bit low) On the flip side, is Arthur/Harold good? I know his skill makes him get critted more easily, which sounds really annoying, but it makes nearby enemies get critted even more easily, so is he supposed to be some sort of weird Myrmidon-as-a-Fighter type thing?
Secondly, I've heard Takumi is the final boss of the Nohr route. How does that work exactly? Does he stop being an archer for the boss fight, or does he promote into a class that isn't bow-locked? The only bow-locked boss I can think of is Denning in FE7, and he sucked.
Thirdly, does Sakura really get ripped apart by Faceless on the Nohr route? Because I saw that on TVTropes and Serenes.

Last edited:

EsoTeRiC

Inkster Jr.
After starting Tharica 776 seven months ago, I can finally say I beat that game.
There are a lot of intense chapters that get your heart racing, my favorites are chapter 6(the ch. you escape prison) and 9(Escape the castle and Evyel is turned to stone) I think.

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
After starting Tharica 776 seven months ago, I can finally say I beat that game.
There are a lot of intense chapters that get your heart racing, my favorites are chapter 6(the ch. you escape prison) and 9(Escape the castle and Evyel is turned to stone) I think.
I'm pretty sure those are chapters 4 and 5, respectively. I'm pretty sure chapter 4 is a favorite of many who play the game. Besides that one, I really enjoy 14, 19, and 20 personally (if I remember the chapters correctly).
What are some old-school FE games I can get into? What do you guys recommend?
That... Really depends. A lot of the old-school ones are good, and it depends how old-school you want to go. The oldest I'd recommend is my favorite in the series, FE4, Genealogy of the Holy War. That game has the biggest maps in the series hands-down, but allows saving at the beginning of each turn to make up for that. It's a lot more forgiving than a lot of the older ones if you want an easier one (none of the old ones are a cakewalk though, especially the first time through.) FE5, Thracia 776 is an entirely unforgiving game if you don't know what to expect going into it, but if you're like me you'd love the challenge. Although admittedly FE5's plot would make more sense if you play 4 first, it's by no means necessary to do it in that order. If GBA falls under your old school category, they're all pretty good. FE6 has a pretty tough hard mode until the first arena, but normal mode is sensible. Still the toughest of the three GBA. FE7 has 3 different stories, which is cool, but the level of tutorial in that game always bugged me way too much. (Like seriously, I know how a promotion item works, so no, I do not want to promote Wallace right when I get him and screw him out of 8 levels IIRC.) But don't take my word for it, I seem to be the only one in the world who isn't in love with FE7. FE8 is on the easier side, but has branched promotions which is cool and my favorite desert map in the series, so that definitely counts for something. Also has an overworld map similar to Awakening, so it's the easiest transition from Awakening, IMO.
Basically anything from 4-8 is definitely old-school, but they're all really good games. I'm a big old-school FE fan, so I'd say those are all worth a look, but it depends on what you want in the game.

Recettear

Full Squid
NNID
anrakutei
Depends. What are you looking for? If you played Awakening and want something similar, a world map, stuff to do end-game, etc. then Sacred Stones is probably a good choice. It's the only other FE game with an open world map you can just do whatever on -- it's the game Awakening drew inspiration from with its world map. You can find it on the Nintendo E-Shop but you could also easily emulate any gba game on even a run-down old-*** computer like mine lol, so that's an option if you don't have any money.

If it doesn't matter what you want then just go in order of release date I guess. I haven't played anything before FE6 but try not to do that one first. It's the hardest GBA FE game, and I wouldn't recommend that to someone coming straight off Awakening.

EsoTeRiC

Inkster Jr.
Fire Emblem is probably the most consistent game series of all time, and I highly recommend you play all the old ones, each game is always different in some way to the other. They'll add new features or remove old ones. You should play Fire Emblem 3,4,5,6,7 and 8 if you haven't already, other wise you're cheating yourself.

bluecrow

Senior Squid
everyone loves FE4
FE5 is if you like seeing your protagonist thrown around like a rag doll
The GBAs are always nice to play again
FE2 is not worth playing though in my opinion
FE1/3 both had remakes (you'll need to emulate 3 or 12 either way though). I have not played the original ones however, so I can't really so too much about it
Basically anything from 4-8 is definitely old-school, but they're all really good games. I'm a big old-school FE fan, so I'd say those are all worth a look, but it depends on what you want in the game.
I still need to play 3...
and I'm not playing 2 again <.<
There are a lot of intense chapters that get your heart racing, my favorites are chapter 4(the ch. you escape prison) and 5(Escape the castle and Evyel is turned to stone) I think.
I like 6 where you're getting chased down
and the music be like, you gonna die~
Wow I disappear for a few days and miss everything in here. Really hyped for FE:Fates, the game looks wonderful.
I actually am not all that excited about the game.
I hope I get surprised after playing cause I know I'm going to buy it like an idiot.
There are so many things that don't look like they improved outside of mechanics
oh boy the "outlaw" class

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
I still need to play 3...
and I'm not playing 2 again <.<
3 is pretty good, not a standout game for the series, but it isn't bad. But I totally would never recommend that as someone's first old-school FE. I've never played FE2, but I saw a video and it looks almost unplayable...

bluecrow

Senior Squid
3 is pretty good, not a standout game for the series, but it isn't bad. But I totally would never recommend that as someone's first old-school FE. I've never played FE2, but I saw a video and it looks almost unplayable...
unplayable isn't the right word. it's more like outdated and tedious
I will admit I was impressed they were able to fit an open map like FE8/FE13 into the game, but that's probably the reason why there is so few lines in the game

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
So who here is excited for Gen'ei Ibunroku #FE? (SMTxFE)
I know there has generally been some negative reception from the fans overall, but I decided to get it on my Japanese Wii U as a Fire Emblem fan. For those interested in my thoughts on it, I'll post them below (I'm loving it btw). It may be kind of long so I'll put a spoiler tag. I will try to refrain from most spoilers though.

So first off, I don't play many RPG games and never played an Atlus game so I wasn't sure if I would like it. However I actually have found the combat to be really fun and the story to be rather interesting. At first it felt completely different from a Fire Emblem game of course (I believe the combat is also closer to SMT games), but there is a lot more to it than I initially thought. Of course there are the Mirages who are characters from Shadow Dragon and Awakening, but there are also FE mechanics added into the combat. There is the weapon triangle like the Sword>Axe>Lance along with magic as well. Also some skills you can get are like some weapons such as Horse Killer (like a horse slayer, it is strong against cavalier enemies). Also there is the class system with your own and the enemy mirages. Also there are some weapons you can get from Fire Emblem games including killer weapons and some legendary weapons like the Durandal. Even story wise there are some things that have to do with Fire Emblem, but I won't go into too much detail on that. If you are interested in this and haven't played Shadow Dragon or Awakening, I would personally suggest doing so.
As for references to SMT, I can't really say, but from what I have heard there is of course the HeeHaw mart with Jack (and Black) Frost. Also some of the skills have the same names as SMT such as a healing spell called Dia and a Thunder attack called Dio (maybe Jio? I don't remember the English spelling).

For non-SMT/FE things, the characters are all really interesting. One of my favourite parts are the side stories which really help flesh out the characters and give more of a backstory to them. Also through the side stories you can gain various special attacks. There are "Special Performances" which use an SP meter or two (fills up as you attack) and have varying effects, then there are "Ad Lib Performances" which require some luck when using a certain move which will activate it, these don't use anything except the amount of EP required for the move you used. There are also "Duo Arts" in which if you are lucky during a session attack (when you hit an enemy with an attack they are weak to or attack them with a Special Performance/Ad Lib Performance a session will occur in which one or more characters can join in to keep attacking an enemy) an icon will show up in the bottom left/right corner and if you press L or R during the session attack the Duo Arts will be activated and start after the session finishes. These also have varying effects and are of different elements. After a Duo Arts is used another session attack will occur. If you are really lucky you can even activate a second Duo Arts. My highest session combo is currently 17 hits.
Also the game is fairly long, especially if you do side stories. I've been working on side stories along the main one and am currently at over 60 hours, I don't know exactly how much more there is, but I am close to completing the game.

Well that's about all I will say for now without going into spoilers, I really do highly recommend this though if you are a Fire Emblem fan. It is so much more of a Fire Emblem game than I would've imagined and I really hope it gets some good support in the west.

Speaking of other Fire Emblem games though, I've beaten every FE game that has come to NA (borrowed Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn from a friend 'cause I didn't buy either for some reason :(, never had a GameCube though)

I also own New Mystery of the Emblem and just recently beat it and I got Gaiden, Genealogy of the Holy War, Thracia 776 and Binding Blade on Japanese virtual console. Haven't played the others a whole lot yet since I was working on New Mystery and other games. I've played Binding Blade and Gaiden a bit though. With Gaiden it felt rather simple and it is one of my least favourites, but I have come to like it the more I've played it. (I would definitely be up for a remake though)

I've thought about importing Fates, but decided to wait for the English version since it will be cheaper. Still not really a fan of the 3 separate versions though...

Anyways if anyone has any questions about #FE, feel free to ask. I would prefer to refrain from giving spoilers, but I may just use spoiler tags if needed.

Victor_Viper

Inkling
NNID
shadowfalcon76
Shadow Dragon, Blazing Sword, PoR, RD, Awakening (3 months STRAIGHT, with NO OTHER games played on any other platform at all during that time), and currently sinking all of my 3DS time into Fates. Yeah, I'm a bit of a fan of the series.

Currently have completed the Nohr campaign, and now working through Revelations. Haven't touched Hoshido, but mainly because I love Elise too much. She's too adorable.

SaltyCal

Full Squid
NNID
Jimbo21
Switch Friend Code
SW-2497-8552-1603
My favorite Fire Emblem game is Shadow Dragon. I liked Xane and his copycat ability. I've played through Fire Emblems 6-11, Awakening, and the Birthright storyline of Fates. This thread should be called "Together We Ride."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom