• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Fire Emblem Social Thread

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Wow jesus these clone characters are even lazier than I thought, WOW! Especially after they said before that Fates would be completely unrelated to awakening. What a load of ****.
Yeah, as nice an easter egg (I... think that's what it is) as it is to have
Owain, Inigo and Severa show up in another game, and it's kinda explicable via the Outrealm Gate...
I still don't really like it. Still, maybe they're just bit parts being given something extra by being past characters who got bored and decided to adventure into someone else's game. Yeah, I would've preferred other characters (some FE4 characters, it'd explain where the hell they went after Valhalla), or that they were hidden characters gained through gaiden chapters, but still.
At worst, maybe we'll see a different side of them than we did previously.

On the topic of the amiibo I don't see why they would be a different Lucina or Robin. It certainly seems to be a Robin around the time they first woke up, while lucina seems to be a pre-teleporting to the Awakening-Verse lucina, but as far as I can tell it's still their alpha selves as much as these characters are the same people they were in awakening. They're just postgame versions of themselves while the other two are not.

I wonder if Ike has unique dialogue with anybody.
Perhaps, though they could just come from a different future (how many of those are there, anyway?) than the other children.
As for Ike, he might have unique dialogue with the shapeshifters and Corrin/Kamui and maybe their kids too, maybe ife thinks they're laguz.
Maybe Marth'll get some unique dialogue too, though the only gams I played with him are the Smash Bros. games, so I dunno.

btw fire emblem fates is not incest: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54871&p=3838965
Basically, your Hoshidan "siblings" are not actually blood-related...
They have a different father and mother than Kamui does.
Knew it!

And yeah, that line in the spoiler does sound weird as f***.

Last edited:

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
Well, same sex marriage is apparently a thing. I approve. There are only two homosexual characters in the entire game, and each one is exclusive to a different version. It was most likely included to pander to the subcultures in Japan who fetishize LGBT people, but I can't really complain. Baby steps.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Well, same sex marriage is apparently a thing. I approve.
Same here, though maybe they could've picked someone other than
Zero (I don't really like Zero; no reason really, he just rubs me the wrong way is all). Maybe Silas? Apparently the guy's really devoted to Corrin/Kamui, so it'd maybe work. Also he joins in both versions.
Also, the girl option's the Tharja-alike, right? That's... actually kinda funny, to me.

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
I think Silas and Crimson could've worked as those options, simply because they appear in both versions (not so sure about Crimson, but I'm having a buddy check for me right now)! I think it's cool Nintendo decided to add it, though!

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
Well, same sex marriage is apparently a thing. I approve. There are only two homosexual characters in the entire game, and each one is exclusive to a different version. It was most likely included to pander to the subcultures in Japan who fetishize LGBT people, but I can't really complain. Baby steps.
I've heard:
1. Male Kamui can S rank with [male character] in the Nohr route while female Kamui can S rank with [female character] in Hoshido, and each marriage results in an adopted child unit. Both marriage options are possible in the 3rd DLC route.
2. There are "A+" ranks for other characters that have the same gender. No child, I think. Kamui can't A+ with anyone, their marriage is plot-relevant probably, so they get one of the two S options.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I'm glad to see full gay marriages but it's just so overshadowed by the fact that's there's 8 siblings you can marry and two gay people total.

It's some monkeys paw level nonsense lol.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I'm glad to see full gay marriages but it's just so overshadowed by the fact that's there's 8 siblings you can marry and two gay people total.

It's some monkeys paw level nonsense lol.
Well, technically none of them are your siblings (see the spoiler below for why), and the S Supports aren't being handed out like candy this time around, so it's kinda understandable.
I do wish you could A+ your siblings instead though, apparently that's more of a BFFs-forever kind of thing.
And also you can pair them up with each other, from what I've heard.

The Nohr siblings aren't blood-relatives (I still find it kinda weird that you can S Support them since you kinda grew up with them as your siblings, but maybe that's just me).
As for the Hoshido crew... Well, Mikoto's not their mother. But she is your mother. And Sumeragi's their father, but he's not your father either. So really, there's no relation at all there. I'm still a bit weirded out by being able to S Support them, though.

Last edited:

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
It's still creepy and really gross to have incest but not REALLY incest. Like, you grew up with them as your siblings, you exclusively knew the hoshidans as your blood siblings. It's still pretty ehhhhhh to have regardless.The whole 'Not really incest incest' trope is still nasty. Plus it weakens the whole 'bloodline vs loyalty' thing if you aren't actually related to anybody.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Well, technically none of them are your siblings (see the spoiler below for why), and the S Supports aren't being handed out like candy this time around, so it's kinda understandable.
I do wish you could A+ your siblings instead though, apparently that's more of a BFFs-forever kind of thing.
And also you can pair them up with each other, from what I've heard.

The Nohr siblings aren't blood-relatives (I still find it kinda weird that you can S Support them since you kinda grew up with them as your siblings, but maybe that's just me).
As for the Hoshido crew... Well, Mikoto's not their mother. But she is your mother. And Sumeragi's their father, but he's not your father either. So really, there's no relation at all there. I'm still a bit weirded out by being able to S Support them, though.
Yeah I saw the whole 'it's not actually incest' thing but it's still people who you were either raised to believe are your siblings or are told are your REAL siblings, AND they still refer to you as brother/sister. It's very very very blatantly pandering to that fetish.

A+ would have been fine, they could even shoehorn in a 'haha we found this kid wtf' if they manage to make it very very clear it's not your biological child. But I doubt anyone would be like 'oh yeah it's totally cool and not an issue at all to have a kid with your adoptive sibling that you've been raised with since you can remember'.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Ah, so that's not just me.
Hopefully they'll change it to "Companions" in the international releases like they did in Awakening, and make it less... not sure what the word I want is here... creepy? I think that's the word. Though I guess incestish works too.
Also, lurking the SerenesForest hype thread, Nohr has a defense mission! I loved those in FE7 (were there any in FE8? I honestly don't recall), so hopefully they'll be great here too.
Also, the new weapon triangle looks weeeeeeird. Doubt I'll ever get used to bows being in the triangle, or the lack of any magic triangle (is that the case? I haven't seen anything about a magic triangle, but I suppose it could still maybe be in).

Yeah I saw the whole 'it's not actually incest' thing but it's still people who you were either raised to believe are your siblings or are told are your REAL siblings, AND they still refer to you as brother/sister. It's very very very blatantly pandering to that fetish.
Is that really a thing? I mean, I know incest-fetish exists, but a not-quite-incest-fetish?

A+ would have been fine, they could even shoehorn in a 'haha we found this kid wtf' if they manage to make it very very clear it's not your biological child.
I second this notion, though maybe the kid part could only happen if you don't have anyone else you can S Support with.

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
I think the 'Not Quite Incest' fetish and the 'Actually Incest' fetish are the same thing. It's more of a really thin guise that content creators make so they aren't REALLY showing off something like incest which is generally considered a really really bad thing.

The Magic triangle is still in I'm pretty sure and I think it mirror's awakening's solo magic triangle rather than the older Anima>Light>Dark and then the Additional Anima triangle. Personally I realy like the idea of the new weapons triangle it really helps bring bows and magic more into balance with the others.

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
I forgot to mention... someone is streaming the Nohr path: http://www.twitch.tv/himynameismaurice

He can't read Japanese though, but there are translators in the comments. Don't know how much longer he'll be streaming, but he'll be back again tomorrow. As of now, currently up to Chapter 11.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I think the 'Not Quite Incest' fetish and the 'Actually Incest' fetish are the same thing. It's more of a really thin guise that content creators make so they aren't REALLY showing off something like incest which is generally considered a really really bad thing.
Ah, alright then. Thanks for clearing that up.

The Magic triangle is still in I'm pretty sure and I think it mirror's awakening's solo magic triangle rather than the older Anima>Light>Dark and then the Additional Anima triangle. Personally I realy like the idea of the new weapons triangle it really helps bring bows and magic more into balance with the others.
Alright then, but does Dark magic factor into this at all (I recall there being a Dark Mage on Nohr's side, but maybe I misread that or it's just a title or something)? I remember it being unrelated in some games (FE9, I think), and just beating all non-Light magic in others (like FE4).
I like it too, makes me think bows will be better than usual this time, I just know I'm gonna forget that they lose to magic now (WHY INTSYS, MAGE-KILLING IS THE ONLY THING I'VE EVER USED ARCHERS FOR OUTSIDE FE8 WHERE GERIK CAN BE AN ARCHER WITH SWORDS ON A HORSE AND IT'S AMAZING) and leave my archer in range of at least 4 mages, watch him die or just not hit anything because of the new triangle and be very confused for a moment.
Also, why aren't staves in the triangle? Damn near everything else is, so it just seems kinda odd to me.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Ah, alright then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Alright then, but does Dark magic factor into this at all (I recall there being a Dark Mage on Nohr's side, but maybe I misread that or it's just a title or something)? I remember it being unrelated in some games (FE9, I think), and just beating all non-Light magic in others (like FE4).
I like it too, makes me think bows will be better than usual this time, I just know I'm gonna forget that they lose to magic now (WHY INTSYS, MAGE-KILLING IS THE ONLY THING I'VE EVER USED ARCHERS FOR OUTSIDE FE8 WHERE GERIK CAN BE AN ARCHER WITH SWORDS ON A HORSE AND IT'S AMAZING) and leave my archer in range of at least 4 mages, watch him die or just not hit anything because of the new triangle and be very confused for a moment.
Also, why aren't staves in the triangle? Damn near everything else is, so it just seems kinda odd to me.
Staves cant directly attack so it makes sense to me that they'd be left out. I guess it could have been interesting to increase/decrease the chance to hit on something like a sleep staff, but it seems niche enough that it's not needed.

Also it's totally a 'we want to cater to the incest fetish but don't want people getting mad about/aren't actually allowed to have real incest', which is still awful.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Staves cant directly attack so it makes sense to me that they'd be left out. I guess it could have been interesting to increase/decrease the chance to hit on something like a sleep staff, but it seems niche enough that it's not needed.
Well, they could in Radiant Dawn, but yeah it's probably unnecessary.
Though I would love a weapon that always kills those Sleep Staff d***s. So infuriating.

So, uh, are there any playable soldiers in Fates? I kinda like that class, so I'm just kinda curious.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Well, they could in Radiant Dawn, but yeah it's probably unnecessary.
Though I would love a weapon that always kills those Sleep Staff d***s. So infuriating.

So, uh, are there any playable soldiers in Fates? I kinda like that class, so I'm just kinda curious.
They could counter attack but not directly attack in RD, but I get what you're saying.

All I can find is Hoshido has 'Spear Warrior' and 'Spear Master' which I assume is a soldier equivalent? Might be mounted tho, I can't find too much right now.

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
Playable soldiers? Unfortunately, I don't think so... did you mean that generic class that can wield lances (naginatas in Hoshido)?

In that case, there's a new "Lancer" class for the Hoshido path, and that's pretty much a "soldier"; a walking lance (naginata) unit. But nothing for Nohr, because that Lancer (Oboro) is Hoshido-exclusive.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
All I can find is Hoshido has 'Spear Warrior' and 'Spear Master' which I assume is a soldier equivalent? Might be mounted tho, I can't find too much right now.
Playable soldiers? Unfortunately, I don't think so... did you mean that generic class that can wield lances (naginatas in Hoshido)?

In that case, there's a new "Lancer" class for the Hoshido path, and that's pretty much a "soldier"; a walking lance (naginata) unit. But nothing for Nohr, because that Lancer (Oboro) is Hoshido-exclusive.
Yeah, that sounds about right. Good to know there's one, at least.
D'you think there'll be a way to use units exclusive to one route on the other route? After beating both, of course. Just for variety's sake, and also maybe for speedrunning maps.
Or just being able to use all the units for challenge maps? I remember that being a thing in FE9, so maybe they'll bring that back too?

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
I think I read somewhere that the third DLC route includes exclusive characters from both sides... but I'll have to find that source again and double check.

Simply buying both sides:
Dread Scroll - Class-change to Dread Fighter (x2) (Hoshido?)
Divine Dragon Herb - All stats +1
Boots - Boosts Movement by 1

And then buying all three routes:
Dark Falcon Wing - Class-change to Dark Falcon (x2) (Nohr?)

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I think I read somewhere that the third DLC route includes exclusive characters from both sides... but I'll have to find that source again and double check.

Simply buying both sides:
Dread Scroll - Class-change to Dread Fighter (x2) (Hoshido?)

And then buying all three routes:
Dark Falcon Wing - Class-change to Dark Falcon (x2) (Nohr?)
Huh.
So if I'm understanding this correctly, you can get Dread Fighters by buying both routes (apparently they dropped magic for hidden weapons, conveniently giving them a weapon type on every side of the weapon triangle), and you can get... Dark Fliers by getting all 3 routes? The hell? Unless they get Dark magic now, I don't see how Dark Fliers were that amazing to be locked unless you got all the routes.
Or maybe that's a different class altogether.

Also I've heard that characters can die storyline deaths in this one unless you do things a certain way. Is that true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom