• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Fire Emblem Social Thread

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
All of this information is located in the "Comunications Menu", under "Link Bonus".

From what I've heard, Dread Fighters in Fates use Swords (Katanas), Axes (Clubs), and those hidden weapons things that I don't know what they're called but Felicia and Joker use them. I don't think they use Tomes (Spells) anymore. And I think they're Hoshido only(?) but I'll have to check on that.

I'm hoping for a different class overall, but we'll have to wait for July. For now, I'm assuming they're the Awakening Dark Fliers. Dark Falcons, I'm pretty sure, are Nohr only(?). And the only possible explanation I could think of why Dark Falcon is so special is because the Nohr side doesn't get Pegasus Warriors at all (aside from reclassing). And those Pegasus Warriors do really boast some high speed, skill, and resistance stats. They're like the speedy, fragile fliers, while the Wyverns are the more buff, defensive fliers. And Luna seems to be the only Nohr-exclusive character (so far) able to reclass into Pegasus Warrior! thanks cordelia!

Actually... Luna, Lazward, and Odin are the only three characters who break the "path exclusive classes". Luna gets Pegasus Warrior (hmm), Odin gets Samurai (HMMMMM), and Lazward gets Ninja (oh...). Of course, Lazward wouldn't be able to get dancer, but it's cool (and kinda weird) that these three are the ones that can "break the rule" of the path exclusive classes.

The only charcter I can think of is Flora... but that could be a Hoshido / Nohr difference.

EDIT: Also some class skills revealed (not personal skills), though the level is unknown or at least uncharted:
Hoshido: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-classes/class-skills/
Nohr: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-classes/class-skills/
Amiibo / DLC: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/other-classes/class-skills/

By the way, it looks like Dark Falcon gets the four skills from the Pegasus Knight line in Awakening (Speed +2, Relief, Rally Movement, and Galeforce). Galeforce has been nerfed, though. It doesn't activate in Attack / Guard stance.

Last edited:

bluecrow

Senior Squid
Eh, I never had a problem with Valm, mostly because it felt kinda difficult at times (this was on Normal, admittedly, but everything before that outside of Gangrel was a bit too easy and everything after Walhart wasn't really hard so much as kinda annoying so...) and also I kinda liked Walhart.
Although my memory is failing me right now, so did Chrom & co. actually have to go to war again? I want to say yes, but I don't remember.
Now after they get back from Valm, that's where I remember things getting kinda stupid (and boring; seriously, the paralogue were the only hard things left; I need to play on Hard some time). Seriously, they trusted Validar? Was there any reason for that?
basically part two starts with foreigners showing up and chrom being like "**** we gotta stop these guys with force"
so they start a war then head to whomever the leader of I don't remember the name of country is
because they need more men or money or something... idk
and it just turns out to be Validar is the leader and Aversa is still the adviser, and everyone thinks something is fishy
W-
Wha-
30 Might with 30 points of stat boosts? A-are they all in the same stat, or is it like +5 to everything?
Who thought that was a good idea? Are the enemies ridiculously strong, are my units ridiculously fragile, or will I be going on a rampage as soon as I get them? Because that's my experience with weapons even close to that powerful (in Sacred Stones, where they were kinda broken in the last few chapters, but still), I throw them into the nearest pack of enemies, sit back and enjoy the bloodbath.
And while I'm on the subject of past Fire Emblems, I heard Thracia 776 was insanely hard. Is it?
it costs approximately 1000g to use the weapons once (2000 if you double an enemy), but if you have the money you can rampage with them.
The downsides are keeping them and obtaining them because you can lose them from first generation to the second and getting your hands on them isn't super quick.
There will be bosses that have holy weapons too. to give you an idea of how strong they are
Sigurd's holy weapon Tyrfing has base 30 mgt, gives 10 skill, 10 speed, 20 resist and gives the prayer skill, but hey the last one you can get has base 30 mgt, 20 skill, 20 speed, 20 defense, 20 resist and nullifies a certain dark magic in the game.
FE4 is full of broken things, like it is possible to attack a unit 4 times for full damage with out using the astra skill
hell even sigurd's movement was absurd, like look

FE5 is difficult for many different reasons. The main one is how trial and error the game is, the game's most famous frustrating chapter has 1 unit to gain, 2 really good weapons, a boss you can steal from, a gaiden chapter opportunity and only ten turns to do it
and an image that while funny kinda sums up the chapter + spoilers

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
From what I've heard, Dread Fighters in Fates use Swords (Katanas), Axes (Clubs), and those hidden weapons things that I don't know what they're called but Felicia and Joker use them. I don't think they use Tomes (Spells) anymore. And I think they're Hoshido only(?) but I'll have to check on that.
I think they're just called Hidden Weapons. Either that or they're not translated yet, but that's what I'd go with (since that's what they are).

I'm hoping for a different class overall, but we'll have to wait for July. For now, I'm assuming they're the Awakening Dark Fliers. Dark Falcons, I'm pretty sure, are Nohr only(?). And the only possible explanation I could think of why Dark Falcon is so special is because the Nohr side doesn't get Pegasus Warriors at all (aside from reclassing). And those Pegasus Warriors do really boast some high speed, skill, and resistance stats. They're like the speedy, fragile fliers, while the Wyverns are the more buff, defensive fliers. And Luna seems to be the only Nohr-exclusive character (so far) able to reclass into Pegasus Warrior!
Ah, that would make sense. They'd definitely be more valuable if you don't get any normally.

Actually... Luna, Lazward, and Odin are the only three characters who break the "path exclusive classes". Luna gets Pegasus Warrior (hmm), Odin gets Samurai (HMMMMM), and Lazward gets Ninja (oh...). Of course, Lazward wouldn't be able to get dancer, but it's cool (and kinda weird) that these three are the ones that can "break the rule" of the path exclusive classes.
Well that makes sense, they're just going back to their Awakening classes (except maybe Owain, I'm kinda hoping Samurai/Trueblade has something that sets it apart from Myrmidon/Swordmaster. Bow use, maybe?).

The only charcter I can think of is Flora... but that could be a Hoshido / Nohr difference.
Flora has a unique class? I thought she was just a Maid, which isn't path-exclusive to my knowledge.
By the way, doesn't she kill herself on one of the routes?

basically part two starts with foreigners showing up and chrom being like "**** we gotta stop these guys with force"
so they start a war then head to whomever the leader of I don't remember the name of country is
because they need more men or money or something... idk
and it just turns out to be Validar is the leader and Aversa is still the adviser, and everyone thinks something is fishy
Yeah, but didn't the first chapter after killing Gangrel have the Valm guys start out with "WE'RE INVADING YOUR COUNTRY SURRENDER NOW OR DIE"? They kinda had war declared at them there, not really Chrom & Co's call.
Aaaaaand then they leave without leaving anyone to watch Plegia and its obviously-up-to-some-shady-s*** leader, allowing him to gather resources with impunity and set up an ambush for when you get back from beating up Walhart and stealing his cool axe (seriously, lobster-man had a neat axe). Now THAT'S strategy stupidity.
Seriously, even a throwaway line about offing Ylisse's military or even just the guys watching Plegia while Chrom & Co. were off punching Walhart out would've helped (was there a line like that? I might have missed it, or just forgotten).

There will be bosses that have holy weapons too. to give you an idea of how strong they are
Sigurd's holy weapon Tyrfing has base 30 mgt, gives 10 skill, 10 speed, 20 resist and gives the prayer skill, but hey the last one you can get has base 30 mgt, 20 skill, 20 speed, 20 defense, 20 resist and nullifies a certain dark magic in the game.
FE4 is full of broken things, like it is possible to attack a unit 4 times for full damage with out using the astra skill
hell even sigurd's movement was absurd, like look
Holy s*** that is crazy. I mean, the absurd movement kinda makes sense since the maps are HUGE, but the holy weapons are just plain bulls***. I've been reading an LP of FE4 recently though, and... Honestly, Tyrfing doesn't even seem like the best holy weapon (that would be Ichival/Yewfelle/the bow, given that it made an archer good), if only because you don't have it for very long (and there's not much left to use it on once Celice/Seliph gets it back).
Incidentally, F*** ME JULIUS IS F***ING BROKEN AS F*** SERIOUSLY WHO GIVES ANYTHING A WEAPON THAT'S REALLY STRONG AND HALVES ALL DAMAGE TAKEN EXCEPT FROM ONE WEAPON (WHICH HAS A KINDA WEIRD METHOD TO ACQUIRE, OR AT LEAST I WOULDN'T THINK OF IT) AND A SEIGE TOME AND A SKILL THAT LETS HIM ATTACK LIKE HE'S USING A F***ING BRAVE WEAPON WITH A F***ING SEIGE TOME AND A SKILL THAT NEGATES OTHER SKILLS?! HOW IS THAT IN ANY WAY FAIR?!
Now I'm imagining the versions in Awakening being as broken as their FE4 versions. Because I needed more ways to break Awakening.

FE5 is difficult for many different reasons. The main one is how trial and error the game is, the game's most famous frustrating chapter has 1 unit to gain, 2 really good weapons, a boss you can steal from, a gaiden chapter opportunity and only ten turns to do it
and an image that while funny kinda sums up the chapter + spoilers
So basically, you're surrounded by a******s AND a****** reinforcements AND have to get weapons AND steal from a boss (whose stats are probably ridiculously better than your thief or whoever steals in Thracia) AND fulfill the gaiden chapter requirements AND not lose anyone (well you could, but you'd restart, right? I would)?
How do you do all that, exactly? CAN you do it all?
This is the game with Capturing, right? And the one with Fatigue? How do those work, exactly? I've never seen them in other Fire Emblems (that I've played, apparently Capturing's back in Fates), so I'm curious.

In other news, apparently characters can die storyline permadeaths in Fates if you don't meet certain requirements. Thoughts?

Last edited:

bluecrow

Senior Squid
Holy s*** that is crazy. I mean, the absurd movement kinda makes sense since the maps are HUGE, but the holy weapons are just plain bulls***. I've been reading an LP of FE4 recently though, and... Honestly, Tyrfing doesn't even seem like the best holy weapon (that would be Ichival/Yewfelle/the bow, given that it made an archer good), if only because you don't have it for very long (and there's not much left to use it on once Celice/Seliph gets it back).
Incidentally, F*** ME JULIUS IS F***ING BROKEN AS F*** SERIOUSLY WHO GIVES ANYTHING A WEAPON THAT'S REALLY STRONG AND HALVES ALL DAMAGE TAKEN EXCEPT FROM ONE WEAPON (WHICH HAS A KINDA WEIRD METHOD TO ACQUIRE, OR AT LEAST I WOULDN'T THINK OF IT) AND A SEIGE TOME AND A SKILL THAT LETS HIM ATTACK LIKE HE'S USING A F***ING BRAVE WEAPON WITH A F***ING SEIGE TOME AND A SKILL THAT NEGATES OTHER SKILLS?! HOW IS THAT IN ANY WAY FAIR?!
Now I'm imagining the versions in Awakening being as broken as their FE4 versions. Because I needed more ways to break Awakening.
oh are you another one of the people who think archers are bad? a shame
you forgot to mention that Julius has a skill that gives him auto crits below 50% hp. Wrath is a crazy skill in both FE4 and FE5
anyways the last holy weapon will actually automatically beat him. Like Julius CAN'T WIN against it because the user of it can't be crit and gains loads of stats from it and Julius will always target someone with his 2 range magic over his meteor if he can so it's a much easier fight than it seems unlike ishtar for the millionth ****ing time
So basically, you're surrounded by a******s AND a****** reinforcements AND have to get weapons AND steal from a boss (whose stats are probably ridiculously better than your thief or whoever steals in Thracia) AND fulfill the gaiden chapter requirements AND not lose anyone (well you could, but you'd restart, right? I would)?
How do you do all that, exactly? CAN you do it all?
This is the game with Capturing, right? And the one with Fatigue? How do those work, exactly? I've never seen them in other Fire Emblems (that I've played, apparently Capturing's back in Fates), so I'm curious.

In other news, apparently characters can die storyline permadeaths in Fates if you don't meet certain requirements. Thoughts?
There's a lot of silly mechanics in FE5, it's rather absurd. Crusader scrolls, Pursuit, movement stars, leadership stars, even movement is a growth rate in that game
  1. I did not do it all I skipped out on the boss (which you should) and the two weapons (the first one because it was next to the boss and I didn't want to use my warp staff, the second one because the reinforcements forced me back). the fun part of that chapter is the 4 ballista that surround the town and the range 15 one next to the boss :scared:
  2. Capturing - if you have more con then your opponent or you are on a horse, you can initiate a capture. While trying to capture your stats are reduced, if you are successful you will capture the enemy much like when you rescue allies. You can trade with captured enemies and certain captured enemies can actually join your party. Releasing enemies will cause them to leave the map instantly. enemies that are on horseback or have 20 con can not be captured, they also can't be rescued (there is a Pegasus knight that can be recruited by capturing her and a draco knight you have to capture to go to a gaiden chapter)
  3. Fatigue - every time a character gets into combat or uses a staff they gain 1 point of fatigue. if you have more fatigue then you hp bar you can not par take in the next chapter. fatigue is set to 0 if you do not par take in a chapter or if you drink a stamina potion. Fatigue does not come into effect till chapter 8 and never effect leif the main character
  4. odd that they decided to do that permadeath now, in like 2015 instead of like forever ago.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
oh are you another one of the people who think archers are bad? a shame
Ah, it's just my experience. Wil always sucks, Rebecca always blows, Rath... is okay but comes in a bit too late (Lyn's story only helps so much), Louise is nice but comes at a time when I've pretty much got my party set and am not open to most changes (Pent does too, but he at least can use staves, so at worst he's another healer), Neimi I actually like, though I always either drop her because she can't keep up (I don't do much grinding, even in Sacred Stones) or I promote her to Ranger (HORSE and being able to swords is a definite upgrade in my book), Innes... okay Innes is amazing (Sacred Stones has great archers, it's weird), Virion rarely keeps up, and I reclassed Noire to something else first chance I got so I dunno if she could be good as an archer. I don't specifically remember Rolf (I haven't played FE9 since before I misplaced my Gamecube, I know it's around here somewhere but I'm not sure where exactly), but from what little I recall I thought of him as a liability and benched him (then again, he did come in at level 1, and back then I didn't want to waste time on him when I was trying to pump up my other characters), and Shinon was good early on, but I didn't reach the part where you get him back so I dunno if he's still good then. Apparently Astrid uses bows, but I don't think I reached her. I haven't played 6, but from what I've seen of it (an LP), Wolt looks like Wil: The Prequel, Clarine... I'm biased against prepromotes, but she's probably okay, and Dayan looks like awfulness, but Sue and Shin look good.
My problem with archers is really that I have to choose between an archer and a unit that can counterattack at point blank (either a knight or a magic user, generally). And I kinda have a preference for mounted archers, mostly because they can move farther, which makes getting them into positions where they won't be murdered on Enemy Phase easier, but unfortunately there are very few of those.
I'm going back through Awakening on Hard without using Pair Up or grinding right now though, and Virion's really pulling his weight. I might keep him around, maybe promote him to Bow Knight when I get Master Seals.
you forgot to mention that Julius has a skill that gives him auto crits below 50% hp. Wrath is a crazy skill in both FE4 and FE5
anyways the last holy weapon will actually automatically beat him. Like Julius CAN'T WIN against it because the user of it can't be crit and gains loads of stats from it and Julius will always target someone with his 2 range magic over his meteor if he can so it's a much easier fight than it seems unlike ishtar for the millionth ****ing time
Wait, Wrath gives auto-crits? I hadn't even noticed he had that, but s***, that's insane.

There's a lot of silly mechanics in FE5, it's rather absurd. Crusader scrolls, Pursuit, movement stars, leadership stars, even movement is a growth rate in that game
Movement is a growth rate? Movement? What the actual f***?
  1. I did not do it all I skipped out on the boss (which you should) and the two weapons (the first one because it was next to the boss and I didn't want to use my warp staff, the second one because the reinforcements forced me back). the fun part of that chapter is the 4 ballista that surround the town and the range 15 one next to the boss :scared:
  2. Capturing - if you have more con then your opponent or you are on a horse, you can initiate a capture. While trying to capture your stats are reduced, if you are successful you will capture the enemy much like when you rescue allies. You can trade with captured enemies and certain captured enemies can actually join your party. Releasing enemies will cause them to leave the map instantly. enemies that are on horseback or have 20 con can not be captured, they also can't be rescued (there is a Pegasus knight that can be recruited by capturing her and a draco knight you have to capture to go to a gaiden chapter)
  3. Fatigue - every time a character gets into combat or uses a staff they gain 1 point of fatigue. if you have more fatigue then you hp bar you can not par take in the next chapter. fatigue is set to 0 if you do not par take in a chapter or if you drink a stamina potion. Fatigue does not come into effect till chapter 8 and never effect leif the main character
  4. odd that they decided to do that permadeath now, in like 2015 instead of like forever ago.
1) Ah, alright. That did seem pretty undoable-
Wait, you're surrounded by ballistae? And you have to do that other stuff you mentioned in your last post while getting shot at by ballistae? Wow, Thracia really is as hard as I heard it was. I didn't think that was possible.
2) Well, that doesn't sound so bad for the most part. I'd heard that enemies could capture your units somehow.
3) Well that sounds annoying. Glad it doesn't affect Leif. Is he any good? I've heard Leif sucks, but that might just be the difficulty of Thracia in general (I doubt even the combined brokenness of Sigurd and Seliph wielding dual Tyrfings would make that chapter in your last post that much easier).
4) Well...
They kinda did that to the entire first generation in FE4, so it's not like they've never done this before. Unless this is different somehow.

Last edited:

bluecrow

Senior Squid
Wait, Wrath gives auto-crits? I hadn't even noticed he had that, but s***, that's insane.
if you are below 50% and your opponent doesn't have a skill that nullifies crits then yes it does
In FE5 it was you just got hit, if combat continues and you attack it auto crits
Ah, it's just my experience. Wil always sucks, Rebecca always blows, Rath... is okay but comes in a bit too late (Lyn's story only helps so much), Louise is nice but comes at a time when I've pretty much got my party set and am not open to most changes (Pent does too, but he at least can use staves, so at worst he's another healer), Neimi I actually like, though I always either drop her because she can't keep up (I don't do much grinding, even in Sacred Stones) or I promote her to Ranger (HORSE and being able to swords is a definite upgrade in my book), Innes... okay Innes is amazing (Sacred Stones has great archers, it's weird), Virion rarely keeps up, and I reclassed Noire to something else first chance I got so I dunno if she could be good as an archer. I don't specifically remember Rolf (I haven't played FE9 since before I misplaced my Gamecube, I know it's around here somewhere but I'm not sure where exactly), but from what little I recall I thought of him as a liability and benched him (then again, he did come in at level 1, and back then I didn't want to waste time on him when I was trying to pump up my other characters), and Shinon was good early on, but I didn't reach the part where you get him back so I dunno if he's still good then. Apparently Astrid uses bows, but I don't think I reached her. I haven't played 6, but from what I've seen of it (an LP), Wolt looks like Wil: The Prequel, Clarine... I'm biased against prepromotes, but she's probably okay, and Dayan looks like awfulness, but Sue and Shin look good.
My problem with archers is really that I have to choose between an archer and a unit that can counterattack at point blank (either a knight or a magic user, generally). And I kinda have a preference for mounted archers, mostly because they can move farther, which makes getting them into positions where they won't be counterattacked as much easier, but unfortunately there are very few of those.
I'm going back through Awakening on Hard without using Pair Up or grinding right now though, and Virion's really pulling his weight. I might keep him around, maybe promote him to Bow Knight when I get Master Seals.
it's understandable if you think certain characters suck, but the hardest time I've had in any FE game is when I don't have archers
an archers free and dependable damage is so nice to have
1) Ah, alright. That did seem pretty undoable-
Wait, you're surrounded by ballistae? And you have to do that other stuff you mentioned in your last post while getting shot at by ballistae? Wow, Thracia really is as hard as I heard it was. I didn't think that was possible.
2) Well, that doesn't sound so bad for the most part. I'd heard that enemies could capture your units somehow.
3) Well that sounds annoying. Glad it doesn't affect Leif. Is he any good? I've heard Leif sucks, but that might just be the difficulty of Thracia in general (I doubt even the combined brokenness of Sigurd and Seliph wielding dual Tyrfings would make that chapter in your last post that much easier).
4) Well...
They kinda did that to the entire first generation in FE4, so it's not like they've never done this before. Unless this is different somehow.
  1. FE4 is hard, but it's not that hard (like 8/10 hard not 10/10 hard) ,it was mostly just unforgiving. if you're being a perfectionist though it is impossible. Small mistakes cost you a lot in that game. Exp: poison and sleep don't wear off until chapter ends, so if you forgot a staff for cleansing or antidote, life sucks
  2. yes enemies can capture, it mostly plays to your favor. it reduces enemy stats, enemies would always prefer to capture rather then kill allies that weren't holding weapons and failing to rescue a captured unit can be saved in a future chapter. The only huge downside was your unit's items were immediately taken from them
  3. Leif is confirmed butt, possibly the worst lead statically in any FE game (FE2 is known for even worse growth rates). His saving graces are the Light sword he has at the beginning of the game, the fact crusader scrolls exist and that stat caps are super low. I still love his personality and man does some **** happen to him in only a year that makes you feel bad for him. (and yes the brokenness of sigurd would make that chapter way easier. Stat caps in FE5 are a hard 20 for every stat that is not hp, so units with bonus stats are amazing to have. Also the fact hammers are present and not horse slayers in that chapter make it still nice to have sigurd)
  4. from what is sounds like, it is more player choices over say scripted events. Which is usually how all deaths are, this unit will die nothing you can do about it. over say like you chose not to help your brother instead helping your sister, as a result your brother dies and your sister lives

Last edited:

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
it's understandable if you think certain characters suck, but the hardest time I've had in any FE game is when I don't have archers
an archers free and dependable damage is so nice to have
Yeah, I'm getting that feeling on Awakening right now, Virion is weirdly one of my more useful units (alongside Stahl's reliableness, Sully's being a cavalier, Frederick's Oifaye-ing, Lon'Qu's having a Killing Edge, and Robin's being a magic user with good power and SPEED (crap defenses though, and minimal Luck); unfortunately my Chrom is only kinda okay at the moment), that extra damage has kept enemies from surviving my turn a few times. Chapter 5's up next, and it has Wyverns, so he's only gonna get better (hopefully).
Incidentally, a question regarding Awakening: how do you level Donnel up on Hard? I've got him, but I have no idea how I'm going to get him to a usable state when he's so much weaker than the enemies (5 has no archers, so my surround-an-archer-and-let-Donny-poke-it-with-a-stick strategery is worthless there).

1. FE4 is hard, but it's not that hard (like 8/10 hard not 10/10 hard) if you're being a perfectionist though it is impossible, it was mostly just unforgiving. Small mistakes cost you a lot in that game. Exp: poison and sleep don't wear off until chapter ends, so if you forgot a staff for cleansing or antidote, life sucks
  2. yes enemies can capture, it mostly plays to your favor. it reduces enemy stats, enemies would always prefer to capture rather then kill allies that weren't holding weapons and failing to rescue a captured unit can be saved in a future chapter. The only huge downside was your unit's items were immediately taken from them
  3. Leif is confirmed butt, possibly the worst lead statically in any FE game (FE2 is known for even worse growth rates). His saving graces are the Light sword he has at the beginning of the game, the fact crusader scrolls exist and that stat caps are super low. I still love his personality and man does some **** happen to him in only a year that makes you feel bad for him. (and yes the brokenness of sigurd would make that chapter way easier. Stat caps in FE5 are a hard 20 for every stat that is not hp, so units with bonus stats are amazing to have. Also the fact hammers are present and not horse slayers in that chapter make it still nice to have sigurd)
  4. from what is sounds like, it is more player choices over say scripted events. Which is usually how all deaths are, this unit will die nothing you can do about it. over say like you chose not to help your brother instead helping your sister, as a result your brother dies and your sister lives
1) Ah, that doesn't sound like a game I'd like (I always make tiny mistakes, this sounds like I'd lose most of my units very quickly).
2) Ah, alright. It sounded much worse when I heard about it.
3) Oh, ouch. Poor guy.
Regarding Sigurd, I hadn't considered that. Low stat caps and Horseslayers not existing would probably make Sigurd's Tyrfing-powered brokenness unstoppable. Or Seliph's, for that matter.
4)
Ah, alright. I heard some were route-exclusive, like
Sakura getting ripped apart by zombies or something on the Nohr route
or
Lazwald and Pieri being killable when you fight Marx/Xander on the Hoshido route, also MarXander kills Elise
and also
Gunther falling off a bridge or something before you even pick a side.
Not sure how to prevent any of those though.
Also apparently Gunther comes back in the DLC route, maybe the Nohr route too from what I've heard.

bluecrow

Senior Squid
3) Oh, ouch. Poor guy.
Regarding Sigurd, I hadn't considered that. Low stat caps and Horseslayers not existing would probably make Sigurd's Tyrfing-powered brokenness unstoppable. Or Seliph's, for that matter.
horse slayers do exists they just aren't as prominent in the game and you can always tell your mounted units to dismount

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
horse slayers do exists they just aren't as prominent in the game and you can always tell your mounted units to dismount
Yeah, but on that one chapter he'd be unstoppable since they aren't there (unless those ballistae are really powerful and accurate).

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
You can strip people with weapons now. Best game 10/10.
I...
What? Do you mean you can disarm them (I remember that being a skill in the Tellius games, wouldn't be too surprised to see it come back), or take their clothes off by stabbing them (they do still have something on after that, right?) or something else entirely? Because my mind went straight to that second option.
EDIT: Just saw what you're talking about on SerenesForest. It's the second one. My dirty mind was right again.
But is there a skill in Fates that'll make enemies drop their weapons?

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
Flora has a unique class? I thought she was just a Maid, which isn't path-exclusive to my knowledge.
By the way, doesn't she kill herself on one of the routes?
Flora sets herself on fire in the Hoshido (Birthright) version.

By the way, remember all those skills I posted a couple pages back? Serenes finally updated the skills page, so we have descriptions for which skill belongs to which unit. This includes shared path characters, hoshido / nohr exclusive, and all child units.

Hoshido: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/personal-skills/
Nohr: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/personal-skills/
Other / Unknown Affiliation: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/other-characters/personal-skills/

Honestly, Silas' personal skill is really cute! Heh...

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Flora sets herself on fire in the Hoshido (Birthright) version.
Can you recruit her somehow, or does she always suicide in Birthright?

By the way, remember all those skills I posted a couple pages back? Serenes finally updated the skills page, so we have descriptions for which skill belongs to which unit. This includes shared path characters, hoshido / nohr exclusive, and all child units.

Hoshido: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/personal-skills/
Nohr: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/personal-skills/
Other / Unknown Affiliation: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/other-characters/personal-skills/

Honestly, Silas' personal skill is really cute! Heh...
Wow, that's quite a lot of skills. Here are my thoughts on all of them:
Corrin/Kamui: That seems pretty good, not too broken but not useless either.
Gunter/Felicia/Jakob: So whenever it's possible, pair them up with Corrin and have them stand back while Corrin wrecks everyone.
Kaze: Ooh, that sounds nice. Hopefully he has a good Luck growth, or at least a good base.
Azura: NICE!
Silas: Just earned a spot on my party, just for that skill alone. Also, that is kinda cute. Why isn't Silas the gay option again?
Mozume: That's great! It's not Aptitude, but hopefully Mozume starts with better base stats than Donnel did.
Rinkah: Seems like a great skill.
Sakura: Taking less damage is a great thing to have around.
Hana: Probably not as good as it seems, but it seems really good.
(WHERE IS THE T)Subaki: Not sure how to feel about this. It's great if you can keep him healed, but I don't like it as much as Rinkah's.
Saizou: NOW THIS IS MORE LIKE IT- wait it hurts Saizou too? F***, that's kinda crap. Unless it can't off the user, it's the worst. So inevitably I'll lose someone to this during Conquest.
Orochi/Zero: I don't know enough about the Capture mechanic in this game to know whether this is good or bad.
Hinoka: it's the opposite of Sakura's, but it's still good.
Asama: Seems kinda useless.
Setsuna: Pretty good.
Tsukuyomi: Eh, it's fine until I get him levelled.
Oboro: Situational, but good in those situations.
Hinata: A pseudo-Counter at 50% HP or less? Eh, I'll take it.
Takumi: Seems alright. I'll throw him with someone super-high-level and get a permabuffed archer.
Kagerou: Very situational, but pretty alright if you ask me.
Nishiki: If my healers ever get hit, this'll be good to have.
Ryoma: Getting permanently tethered to Takumi as soon as I get him.
Elise: Nice, if my healer ever gets near a fight.
Arthur: Not sure if great or terrible, could go either way.
Effie: PLEASEHAVEAGOODSTRENGTHGROWTHPLEASEHAVEAGOODSTRENGTHGROWTHPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEHAVEAGOODSTRENGTHGROWTH
Odin: So how many letters will that be in the English versions?
Not entirely sure how it fits Owain, but I won't pass up more Crit.
Nyx: YES! YES!
Camilla: The un-Elise, but on a unit I want to on the front lines, so it's good.
Luna: So, duct-tape her to someone with a forged Killer weapon (maybe Odin?).
And Severa continues being a good unit, with a good skill.
Belka: We're gonna have fun with this thing! /Wolf
Lazwald: Seems like a good skill, when I don't want to attack something with him.
Inigo's one step closer to becoming a male Dancer.
Pieri: Oooh, I like the sound of that!
Benoit: Great!
Charlotte: Situational, but DAMN good in those situations. She gets a Killer Axe, definitely.
Leo: THIS IS AWESOME
Flannel: I have no idea how this works.
Xander: Okay, but I prefer Leo's version.
Yuugiri: Please join my party.
Crimson: Requires cutting it WAY too close for comfort, but could be worth it if Crimson's got a Killer weapon or something like it.
Ashura: PLEASE JOIN MY PARTY!
Izana: Enemies benefit? Please stay on the other team.
Fuuga: Useful.
Yukimura: Also useful.
Flora: Such bulls***. But it's bulls*** that can potentially be on my team, so I want it!
Anna: It's good.
Kanna: Getting nothing but Dragonstones forever.
Deere: Useless outside My Castle, so useless.
Shigure: PLEASEHAVEAGOODHPGROWTHPLEASEHAVEAGOODHPGROWTHPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEHAVEAGOODHPGROWTH
Sophie: Useful, but is the clothes part real?
Midoriko: IntSys better give me a way to give her all the Luck-dependent skills, or at least Miracle.
Shinonome: AWESOME
Kisaragi: Good on Enemy Phase, hopefully.
Gurei: Useful.
Kinu: All enemies adjacent to Kinu or to another enemy unit or just another unit in general? Seems nice though.
Hisame: See Kisaragi.
Mitama: Nice, if I box him(her? Never seen this one) in.
Matoi: Sounds alright.
Shara: Repeated map? Sounds okay though.
Siegbert: So Pair Up with his mother? Okay.
Foleo: Duct-Tape to someone who gives benefits to the lead unit for best results.
Ignis: Sounds alrightish.
Velour: Sometimes useful.
Lutz: OH GOD IT'S SO BAD
Ophelia: Useful.
Soleil: So Pair Up with his mother? Okay.
Eponine: So Pair Up with a guy? Okay.

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
Can you recruit her somehow, or does she always suicide in Birthright?

Wow, that's quite a lot of skills. Here are my thoughts on all of them:
Corrin/Kamui: That seems pretty good, not too broken but not useless either.
Gunter/Felicia/Jakob: So whenever it's possible, pair them up with Corrin and have them stand back while Corrin wrecks everyone.
Kaze: Ooh, that sounds nice. Hopefully he has a good Luck growth, or at least a good base.
Azura: NICE!
Silas: Just earned a spot on my party, just for that skill alone. Also, that is kinda cute. Why isn't Silas the gay option again?
Mozume: That's great! It's not Aptitude, but hopefully Mozume starts with better base stats than Donnel did.
Rinkah: Seems like a great skill.
Sakura: Taking less damage is a great thing to have around.
Hana: Probably not as good as it seems, but it seems really good.
(WHERE IS THE T)Subaki: Not sure how to feel about this. It's great if you can keep him healed, but I don't like it as much as Rinkah's.
Saizou: NOW THIS IS MORE LIKE IT- wait it hurts Saizou too? F***, that's kinda crap. Unless it can't off the user, it's the worst. So inevitably I'll lose someone to this during Conquest.
Orochi/Zero: I don't know enough about the Capture mechanic in this game to know whether this is good or bad.
Hinoka: it's the opposite of Sakura's, but it's still good.
Asama: Seems kinda useless.
Setsuna: Pretty good.
Tsukuyomi: Eh, it's fine until I get him levelled.
Oboro: Situational, but good in those situations.
Hinata: A pseudo-Counter at 50% HP or less? Eh, I'll take it.
Takumi: Seems alright. I'll throw him with someone super-high-level and get a permabuffed archer.
Kagerou: Very situational, but pretty alright if you ask me.
Nishiki: If my healers ever get hit, this'll be good to have.
Ryoma: Getting permanently tethered to Takumi as soon as I get him.
Elise: Nice, if my healer ever gets near a fight.
Arthur: Not sure if great or terrible, could go either way.
Effie: PLEASEHAVEAGOODSTRENGTHGROWTHPLEASEHAVEAGOODSTRENGTHGROWTHPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEHAVEAGOODSTRENGTHGROWTH
Odin: So how many letters will that be in the English versions?
Not entirely sure how it fits Owain, but I won't pass up more Crit.
Nyx: YES! YES!
Camilla: The un-Elise, but on a unit I want to on the front lines, so it's good.
Luna: So, duct-tape her to someone with a forged Killer weapon (maybe Odin?).
And Severa continues being a good unit, with a good skill.
Belka: We're gonna have fun with this thing! /Wolf
Lazwald: Seems like a good skill, when I don't want to attack something with him.
Inigo's one step closer to becoming a male Dancer.
Pieri: Oooh, I like the sound of that!
Benoit: Great!
Charlotte: Situational, but DAMN good in those situations. She gets a Killer Axe, definitely.
Leo: THIS IS AWESOME
Flannel: I have no idea how this works.
Xander: Okay, but I prefer Leo's version.
Yuugiri: Please join my party.
Crimson: Requires cutting it WAY too close for comfort, but could be worth it if Crimson's got a Killer weapon or something like it.
Ashura: PLEASE JOIN MY PARTY!
Izana: Enemies benefit? Please stay on the other team.
Fuuga: Useful.
Yukimura: Also useful.
Flora: Such bulls***. But it's bulls*** that can potentially be on my team, so I want it!
Anna: It's good.
Kanna: Getting nothing but Dragonstones forever.
Deere: Useless outside My Castle, so useless.
Shigure: PLEASEHAVEAGOODHPGROWTHPLEASEHAVEAGOODHPGROWTHPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEHAVEAGOODHPGROWTH
Sophie: Useful, but is the clothes part real?
Midoriko: IntSys better give me a way to give her all the Luck-dependent skills, or at least Miracle.
Shinonome: AWESOME
Kisaragi: Good on Enemy Phase, hopefully.
Gurei: Useful.
Kinu: All enemies adjacent to Kinu or to another enemy unit or just another unit in general? Seems nice though.
Hisame: See Kisaragi.
Mitama: Nice, if I box him(her? Never seen this one) in.
Matoi: Sounds alright.
Shara: Repeated map? Sounds okay though.
Siegbert: So Pair Up with his mother? Okay.
Foleo: Duct-Tape to someone who gives benefits to the lead unit for best results.
Ignis: Sounds alrightish.
Velour: Sometimes useful.
Lutz: OH GOD IT'S SO BAD
Ophelia: Useful.
Soleil: So Pair Up with his mother? Okay.
Eponine: So Pair Up with a guy? Okay.
Flora always suicides on the Hoshido path; so unlike Felicia, she's Nohr-Exclusive.

Uhh, I have no idea how kanji are related to our ABC letters, but I'll just assume it means 8 letters. We'll have to check on that in the English release though.

Remember in Awakening, Owain would always create names for his weapons and attacks and call them "special moves". that's pretty much what this is. Create a "special name" for Odin, and it'll give him a morale boost in criticals XD.

I personally like Hana, Hinoka, Silas, Subaki, Matoi, Gurei (Grey), Nyx, Luna, and Anna's personal skills the most. Anna's is hilarious, of course hers wouldn't be related to actual fighting (like the others are) XD.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Flora always suicides on the Hoshido path; so unlike Felicia, she's Nohr-Exclusive.
S***. But you can recruit her if you side with Nohr, right?

Remember in Awakening, Owain would always create names for his weapons and attacks and call them "special moves". that's pretty much what this is. Create a "special name" for Odin, and it'll give him a morale boost in criticals XD.[/spoiler]
Ah, I see. That makes sense.
Heh heh.

accurate, not powerful
Ah, then he'd be unstoppable.

inkopolis

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kkraid
I...
What? Do you mean you can disarm them (I remember that being a skill in the Tellius games, wouldn't be too surprised to see it come back), or take their clothes off by stabbing them (they do still have something on after that, right?) or something else entirely? Because my mind went straight to that second option.
EDIT: Just saw what you're talking about on SerenesForest. It's the second one. My dirty mind was right again.
But is there a skill in Fates that'll make enemies drop their weapons?
I believe the weapon will strip characters to their undergarments if it's better than the enemys weapon in the weapon triangle.
It was really hilarious in Hamayama's chat when everyone was yelling at Iago to "Strip the lobster".

EDIT: "But is there a skill in Fates that'll make enemies drop their weapons?"
Not sure about your last question. Maybe?

Last edited:

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I believe the weapon will strip characters to their undergarments if it's better than the enemys weapon in the weapon triangle.
It was really hilarious in Hamayama's chat when everyone was yelling at Iago to "Strip the lobster".

EDIT: "But is there a skill in Fates that'll make enemies drop their weapons?"
Not sure about your last question. Maybe?
I shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did at that pic.
Also, glad I'm not the only one who thinks Ryoma's armor looks like a lobster.
And by "a skill that makes enemies drop their weapons", I mean something like Path Of Radiance & Radiant Dawn's Disarm, which would make an enemy unequip their weapon when it activated, though they would probably re-equip it on their turn. Is there anythinglie that?

Also, a couple of questions/things that kinda annoy me a little:
Firstly, why are there so many axe enemies and so few sword enemies in early-game chapters in every FE I've played? Because it makes training Pegasus Knights very, very difficult, I think it's why I don't use Florina/Vanessa/Sumia more.
Secondly, and this is more just me venting than anything, but why is Resistance always so low among non-magic-users and non-Pegasus Knights? I get it for Knights because they need a weakness outside of s*** Speed, and for Fighters and Myrmidons because their defenses are generally equivalent to wet tissue paper (see Vaike, above, for Fighters, and Guy/Joshua/Lon'Qu for Myrmidon examples), but why do other classes with non-awful Defense have s*** Resistance? I'm not saying all the other classes should have sky-high Resistance, just numbers above, like, two.
Seriously, that's most of my non-magic-using Awakening crew's Resistance stats right now (except Frederick because he's just amazing). It's so annoying, especially when Donnel, the Est-alike of sorts that I want to reclass into Fighter to have a decent axe user that isn't Frederick (I think I rely on him a bit too much, seriously I'm on Chapter 8 and he's at level 5), starts with 0.

Last edited:

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
Wow I disappear for a few days and miss everything in here. Really hyped for FE:Fates, the game looks wonderful. I honestly find it funny that people are flipping out over the whole incest thing, because it's Fire Emblem. The gay marriage is a much crazier thing to me in terms of the series, and way more positive. And the incest or not-quite-incest, or whatever (who really cares) doesn't bother me in the slightest after what the series has been know to do. Also, the maps and mechanics look a million times better than Awakening's. I've been watching someone stream the Nohr path on normal and... wow. Looks so tough. Almost though enough to make me rethink going hard on my first time through.
Also, someone please tell me I'm not the only huge fan of Foleo, he is wonderful.
Also, to add to the FE5 discussion above... It's only tough because it knows how to surprise you. Once you know what the game wants to throw at you, it's really not that tough. Besides maybe the Silver Card/Xavier chapter, if you want to get everything.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Wow I disappear for a few days and miss everything in here. Really hyped for FE:Fates, the game looks wonderful. I honestly find it funny that people are flipping out over the whole incest thing, because it's Fire Emblem. The gay marriage is a much crazier thing to me in terms of the series, and way more positive. And the incest or not-quite-incest, or whatever (who really cares) doesn't bother me in the slightest after what the series has been know to do. Also, the maps and mechanics look a million times better than Awakening's. I've been watching someone stream the Nohr path on normal and... wow. Looks so tough. Almost though enough to make me rethink going hard on my first time through.
Yeah, I haven't seen any streams (yet, I'll hopefully rectify this soon), but it looks good from what I've read on SerenesForest and seen in a few videos. Haven't seen Nohr though, is it really that tough?
And how are the mechanics better, exactly? I've heard good things, mostly about the Nohr maps, but what did they change mechanics-wise? And are the Hoshido maps better than Awakening's too? I haven't heard much about them.
Also, someone please tell me I'm not the only huge fan of Foleo, he is wonderful.
Foleo's a guy? I couldn't tell, between the looking-like-Elise-and-Mozume-did-a-fusion-dance-ness and starting in the pretty-much-girls-only staves-on-a-horse class. Honestly I thought he was Elise's kid for a sec, but that's not how kids work in this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom