• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

For the Final Splatfest which weapon did you mainly use?

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
I mainly use the underrated .52 Gal Deco :wst_shot_gravity01:. Yes I think the .52 Gal :wst_shot_gravity00:is overall the better weapon to use for combat but what I like about this weapon is it allows for more turf control. Plus seeker surfing into the enemy territory is tons of fun to pull off.

97Stephen

Pro Squid
I mostly used my old reliable, the heavy splatling. It's the only weapon I can be sure of doing decently with.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I'm away from my game, but I will say I'd still be using my aerospray or maybe even my hero shot replica.
As for gear, even if that wasn't a part of the thread's topic, I'd side with all special charge up especially with my aerospray.
I need my inkstrikes.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Heavy Splatling Remix (but I call it Heavy Metal Splatling). Currently it's one of the few sets that work for my playstyle and have both a Sub and a Special Weapon that I feel comfortable with :rolleyes:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Really wanted to try out the L3 D and the E-Liter, but the game got really punishing after a while so i had to switch to my Heavy Deco for the most part.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
my rank mains are carbon and luna and i used them to king status but it was kind of 50/50 i don't play turf wars often...... then i went to zap for giggles and i won probably 90 percent of my games uggggg with i went with that first of all lmao....

SleuthMechanism

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SleuthMechanism
My most reliable weapon is the trislosher but here i used the deco instead all the way up to queen. then i switched around between various things until the good old inkbrush stuck.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Neo Splash-o-Matic. It's basically my main. I've been getting as many burst bomb splats as I have gun splats. The Splattershot I've been learning lately isn't quite the match for turf war, especially these levels, and it's hard to do without damage up abilities on my shirt

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Neo Splash-o-Matic. It's basically my main. I've been getting as many burst bomb splats as I have gun splats. The Splattershot I've been learning lately isn't quite the match for turf war, especially these levels, and it's hard to do without damage up abilities on my shirt
Being stuck with Special Saver Up on the shirt is indeed a problem more often than not. Some of my strongest gear are all Shirts, whereas my Shoes don't really have anything extraordinary and my Headgear is all over the place :confused:

WiseSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Lornomeister
Bamboozler mk3 and splash-o-matic. Since everyone uses short range inky weapons its easy to splat with bamboozler. Bamboozler is best weapon.

SleuthMechanism

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SleuthMechanism
^honestly i found it very weird that i saw barely any chargers at all this fest, especially since moray towers is on there.. o.O;
But then again i'm glad, because that made moray towers way less annoying and repetitive than it usually is.

drwatson

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2514-7147-4516
I used the Splat Roller mostly, and was able to max out the turf on it, being the first weapon I've done so with. Towards the end I used Custom Blaster. Octoshot and Splash-o-matic didn't really work out for me this time around (in terms of Splatfest).

SpiralRhapsody

Full Squid
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
Forge Splattershot Pro

and then I got angry because Turf War @ Moray Towers vs. two E Liters for like an eternity, no one else on my team ever had a charger

so then i picked up an E Liter Scope w/ Burst Bombs & Echolocator

Being stuck with Special Saver Up on the shirt is indeed a problem more often than not. Some of my strongest gear are all Shirts, whereas my Shoes don't really have anything extraordinary and my Headgear is all over the place :confused:
Okay I thought I was crazy for hating the T shirt restriction. Then again, I've hardly spoken to other Splatoon regulars, so there's that. Anyway, geez, I have so many ideas for not even AMAZING but just... workable loadouts, but those ideas fall into the toilet when I remember, "RIGHT, THAT ONE GEAR IS A SHIRT"

I don't even get splatted all that much so Special Saver Up is even more worthless to me. It's helped, sure, but it could be so many other things in its place.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I went back to black and went with the Octobrush like in early days.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Dynamo Roller while I was leveling up gear, and then mostly Custom Splattershot Jr. in my final push to get from Champion to King and beyond, since I had an AMAZING team that stuck for like 20 games.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
mostly bamboozler mk III and classic squiffer.

for some reason fresh squiffer wasn't working well for me even though it's usually my go-to... well, to be fair the classic wasn't working well for me either. my aim was just poor and moray is terrible on squiffer. the classic is just a bit more forgiving since bubble comes often and point sensor calls in team aid and prevents flanks.

bamboozler mk III was what i was most consistent with during the fest. inks a ton, can snag FAST kills against shooters who underestimate me, and has the range to trip up river snipers when i played my cards right. thinking back, i actually probably would've done better with the mk II with how poor my aim was. disrupters would've been nice.

anyway it worked out because i had a decent enough positive win count and we won.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
Mostly the Vanilla + Berry Splattershot Pro, getting aim practice with the gun. Inkstrikes and Bomb Rushes helped. Pulled out the Forge a few times when Hydra Splatlings were sitting on a perch, free as hell, shutting down my teams.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I flipped through a couple of different weapons before finally settling on the Custom Jet Squelcher. The extra range was key to my successes, I feel; aside from the Splatlings I'd face fairly often, there usually weren't that many people who could take me on without getting in my face. Now if only I had a decent kit for the thing...

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
I used the N-Zap '83 in most of the matches and it got me a pretty good K/D and a lot of splats! I got used to having no bombs and using the Point Sensors instead, the only thing it lacks is the range of my main, the Custom Jet Squelcher. @Flareth: I surely got some kits for that one, even made tons of screenshots in Miiverse so that I can quickly look up the kits. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom