• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Fresh Faces, Crossover Conundrum (IC)

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
(You're welcome)

Kirby is still weakened, this time near collapse. He really does just want to help everyone, but.... not like this....

Hoopa Unbound gets hit by the Fusion Bolt, its glowing eyes seething with rage. It fires a Shadow Ball at the new arrivals. When Pearl and Marina find Hoopa Unbound, the two get hit. "Ugh, what the shell was that?" asks Pearl. "I'm not sure what that was," says Marina. "消えぞ!" [Disappear!] Hoopa Unbound says, referring to its light half. It's its own shadow again.

Cephalobro

Kyurem prepares a Freeze Shock to fire at Hoopa Unbound, hoping to at least put a paralysis at the Djinn Pokemon.

Bazazazakyurom! [Send everyone and everything back to their original universes now or suffer my Freeze Shock!] Kyurem demands Hoopa Unbound to reverse this portal mess.

Meanwhile, Coral sees Off the Hook getting hit and runs over to them.

"Are you okay?" Coral asks Pearl and Marina.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"We're okay, but... I have no idea what that was," says Marina. "Coral, what the shell was that?!" asks Pearl. Blaze attempts to reason with the shadow Hoopa Unbound, only for the Blaziken figure to get thrown away with Psychic. "Why'd you do that?" Blaze asks the shadow Hoopa Unbound. It doesn't listen to either Blaze or Kyurem, hoping to find its light half and eradicate it.

(Also, reference:
vlcsnap-2017-11-01-08h47m39s640.png
)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"That was an attack by that thing." Coral points at the shadow Hoopa Unbound. "My ally is trying to defeat it as we speak."

(?)

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
(Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa (English title: Hoopa and the Clash of Ages): shadow Hoopa Unbound)

"Oh. Well, can we help?" asks Marina, while Pearl goes to see how Blaze is doing. "Blaze, you alright, man?" she asks. "Ugh... I'm fine, but... why did that thing attack me?" Blaze responds. "I think it's looking for something," Marina tells Kyurem, her assumption based on the shadow Hoopa Unbound's body language.

Cephalobro

Kyurem lands close to Off the Hook.

"It's perhaps missing its other half." Kyurem answers, still keeping the Freeze Shock charged to protect everyone against the shadow Hoopa Unbound.

"Its other half?" Coral asks.

"This Hoopa might not be the real Hoopa, but rather, its power taking the appearance of its true form." Kyurem replies, "There may be only one object that can help us defeat it, an object that humans crafted back in my universe known as the Prison Bottle."

"How would that help us?" Coral asks a follow-up question.

"The Prison Bottle has once sealed that power away, so it could seal this Hoopa, allowing the real Hoopa to merge back with it without becoming corrupted." Kyurem explains.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"Then we've got to do this. It might help us get back home," says Blaze. The shadow Hoopa growls, enraged at the thought of merging with its light half peacefully. It wants to be the true Hoopa.

Cephalobro

Kyurem launches the Freeze Shock at shadow Hoopa Unbound, taking this enraged reaction as a threat.

"So how are we supposed to get a Prison Bottle? We don't even know how to find the other Hoopa." Coral says.

"Look for a portal far away, the other Hoopa may appear from one." Kyurem replies.

"Okay, I will go back to Urchin Underpass to see if the other Hoopa followed this one." Coral decides as he becomes his octopus form and superjumps back to Urchin Underpass, hoping to find the real Hoopa there.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
The real Hoopa is indeed at Urchin Underpass, weakened from trying to resist its shadow. "フーパ消えぞ..." [Hoopa disappear...] it says to itself, scared.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral sees the real Hoopa on the ground, smaller, but still matching Kyurem's description from the first time, just differently.

"That must be the real Hoopa." the thought comes up in Coral's mind. "Hey there little guy, no need to be scared." Coral tries to talk to Hoopa as he approaches it.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hoopa turns around when it hears a very familiar voice, though... it isn't sure from who, nor is it sure how they've met.

Cephalobro

Coral approaches Hoopa even more, hoping to gain its trust.

"I have seen your other half attacking this world. My ally is trying to help stop that other half, but I don't know for how much longer he can keep it from destroying everything." Coral says. "I need your help, can you help me find a Prison Bottle?"

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"影もやめたら…フーパ助けて!たぶん、影も友達として参加しましょう!" [If stop shadow... Hoopa help! Maybe join shadow as friends!] Hoopa says, mustering up the courage to at least try. "いましめのツボ、おでまし!" [Jar of Binding, Appear!] says Hoopa, pulling a ring off of one of its horns. The ring expands into a portal, and the Prison Bottle emerges from it.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"Thank you, Hoopa." Coral thanks Hoopa as he takes the Prison Bottle. "I promise to bring the Prison Bottle back to you once your shadow is stopped.", Coral promises then superjumps back to Inkopolis Square with the intent of sealing shadow Hoopa Unbound.

Meanwhile, Kyurem is trying his best to fight the shadow Hoopa Unbound, but has taken too many hits and is about to fall to the ground.

"No... I must protect this civilization's future." Kyurem says weakly.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hoopa follows, intent on helping. It tries to hold its shadow in place with Psychic, but the shadow Hoopa breaks free of the Psychic, launching a Dark Pulse at its light half. "消えぞ!" [Disappear!] it yells, rage in its eyes. Pearl preps some Splat Dualies, firing at the shadow Hoopa. Marina pulls out a Splat Brella, also firing at the shadow Hoopa. The canopy flies off the handle, and Marina hopes that this distracts the shadow Hoopa long enough until Coral gets back.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral lands in Inkopolis Square and opens the Prison Bottle, pointing the open bottle at the shadow Hoopa, intending to seal it away.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
The shadow Hoopa gets sucked into the Prison Bottle, though the power is so strong that it ends up possessing Coral (if it's okay). "影も!" [Disappear!] the shadow Hoopa tells its light half, speaking through Coral. "いいえ!フーパは消えない!" [No! Hoopa no disappear!] the true Hoopa responds.

(Is this okay?)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

(It's fine as long as he remains alive.)

"Argh... It's trying to take control of me! Someone, p-p-please take my Octo Shot!" Coral says as he tries to give the Octo Shot to someone before he gets fully possessed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom