• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Fresh Season 2023 Hopes & Predictions

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
As the second Splatfest this season, as well as tomorrow's Direct, rolls around the corner. The new season announcement is soon to follow. So I have to ask. What do you think we could see this time around?

A few guesses for me would be the reintroduction of League mode, and finally implementing PvP Tableturf battles. Both have been teased before and I could very likely see this happening this season. Especially Tableturf as that mode is dying for online multiplayer. I remember Nintendo mentioning back in august as well that League would be a lil' different this time. Something about it being a mode that alters battles in a way to make things more interesting. A less competitive mode I'd guess.

A new stage is also pretty much guaranteed. As for a returning one? Probably a stage from Splatoon 2. This isn't a likely prediction, but I would love to see The Reef brought back. It was my favorite in 2 and I'd be through the roof to get it back. Even if we'd get it a later season. Although with my luck we'll see Musselforge Fitness again, bleugh... For some new weapons? I and most other people will guess a new Stringer and Splatana. What would these weapons do? I don't have a clue. Maybe some of you can offer your own ideas.

Because of the Nintendo Direct tomorrow I would like to remind people that Splatoon 3 has a paid DLC in the works. Y'know the point in the video where Pearl and Marina's silhouettes were displayed. I'm not going to say that it will be shown off, but It feels like it would make a lot of sense to do it then. Although who knows? Maybe Nintendo doesn't have much progress on it and isn't showcasing it until later this year. Still something to look forward too as in my opinion Splatoon single player content has been getting better with each new addition. (If you ignore Octo Canyon lol)

So yeah, share your thoughts as I'm eager to see what you want with the new season.

edit: The direct did show off DLC, but not the Spring Season. Oh well, just wait til' Monday probably.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

My prediction is that the new season will have something to do with Spring, much like how the drizzle season had something to do with Fall and the chill season had something to do with Winter. So obviously, something for Spring is next for a themed season.

As for the DLC, it will probably be a surprise that Nintendo might be saving for the end of the Direct, much like how the Octo Expansion was shown. I'm 50/50 split on whether they will introduce a new playable species, on the one hand, it's likely, but on the other, I can see them not introducing one to keep the story complete, instead, I think Agent 3 (the current one, not the old one) will still be the playable character of the DLC.

I do agree that the next stage that will come back will be from Splatoon 2, but I think it's going to be Snapper Canal, simply because much like with Hammerhead Bridge before it, it has a lot of potential for changes simply because it's a stage that's literally have been undergoing construction in-game. So we could have it as a completed stage in this game as well.

Last edited:

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
I do agree that the next stage that will come back will be from Splatoon 2, but I think it's going to be Snapper Canal, simply because much like with Hammerhead Bridge before it, it has a lot of potential for changes simply because it's a stage that's literally have been undergoing construction in-game. so we could have it as a completed stage in this game as well.
I could see them doing something like that. Snapper would be nice to get back, especially with some changes. More specifically, a more open mid as it's currently pretty cramped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom