Fresh Season 2024 Discussion

carro179

Inkling
Pronouns
yes
Switch Friend Code
SW-7820-5913-3313
OH MY GOD IT LOOKS REALLY COOL SPLATFEST MECHANICS ARE ONE IF MY MOST REQUESTED THINGS AAAAAAA

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
BRO I'M AT SCHOOL I CAN'T WATCH THE NEW SEASON OR THE SIDE ORDER TRAILER WHYYHYHYHYHY

gay4bigman

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/it
Switch Friend Code
SW-4380-0270-6060
SIDE ORDER LOOKS AWESOME THE NEW SALMON RUN STAGE LOOKS AWESOME TE AIRPORT STAGE LOOKS AWESOME AAAAH!! splatoon fans are EATING this month

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
looks super duper cool but im worried about the new map being a tad small (still looks amazing), there only being 6 new kits and no returning stage so far
Could be all the resources going to Side Order, building a roguelike requires a lot of moving parts and playtesting ending up just right enough for an enjoyable experience

Shayreep

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1285-8726-3991
Explosher splashdown wall means im going back to bed goodnight

Sorcerer

Senior Squid
NNID
JiveSoulBro
Explosher splashdown wall means im going back to bed goodnight
That's a dread ringer, tho? EDIT: NOPE
Not happy about e-liter with Squid beakons. I tried to make it work in splat2, but I had specific theories that wouldn't follow to splat3

Last edited:

cipsbsndj

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
I am hoping, praying, coping, and seething for Dread getting a good kit. I’m worried that they’ll give it something like Toxic Mist for the sub, and after seeing that explo kit I’m now terrified of the possibility

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I am hoping, praying, coping, and seething for Dread getting a good kit. I’m worried that they’ll give it something like Toxic Mist for the sub, and after seeing that explo kit I’m now terrified of the possibility
Don't worry, it's a 65% sub line in the trailer, so let's pray for torp and not curling pweaaaaase

Alphine_Agnitio

Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
Don't worry, it's a 65% sub line in the trailer, so let's pray for torp and not curling pweaaaaase
isn't curling 55% now? psure this happened with Sorella too where in the trailer it was 65% and people thought it might have curling when curling had already been buffed

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
isn't curling 55% now? psure this happened with Sorella too where in the trailer it was 65% and people thought it might have curling when curling had already been buffed
I wish haha, but no it went from 70 to 65% a few months ago iirc
And yeah torpedo's the only other 65% sub

reelrollsweat

Pro Squid
this trailer was lowkey dead on arrival bc of side order but new salmon run map is exciting :0 i also wanna see the album art for the new splatband. it doesnt seem like theyve teased any new splatling kits, and i feel like i should be pissed abt that bc theres still 3 splatlings with no alts but tbh im so busy with school that id rather wait until the summer to play them LOL. side order looks cool. thats all i have to say

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
looks super duper cool but im worried about the new map being a tad small (still looks amazing), there only being 6 new kits and no returning stage so far
TO BE FAIR, we thought this for an earlier season as well until they showed the new Pencil kit. iirc they only tend to actually show 8 weapons in an actual match in the season's trailer itself, even in the earlier ones, so there's nothing saying we don't get more than this.

QueueS

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-7686-7152-6216
imo the quality of this season depends on the kits for remaining weapons. The new splatfest mechanic is cool, but I feel like this season is lacking in content. It might be bc of side order or they might reveal something on twitter tho so we have to see.
Also im very sorry to all explosher players, the custom kit is dead

Retro_Wolf

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3631-4982-0610
I have many things to say but I will say these
1. Ink wall/splashdown on explo?.... wha-....???!??
2. Woah a new mode for splatfests is so cool and we've needed it! But we need a new mode for anarchy😭
3. SIDE ORDER LETS GOOOOO so many things I love and could say.
4. I do hope we definitely get more kits than the ones shown as always
5. I really love the look of both of the new maps!!
It's late so there is a good bit to be said but I am going to leave it here

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
I'll withhold my thoughts on the weapons til I play them (I'll one-star them all regardless, as is the new-season tradition by now) but I am suuuuper interested in the new salmon map with all the ink rails. That's going to be interesting to play on. Plus it looks like there's little spectator salmonids in the background and that's hilarious.

Also really curious about the new splatfest mechanic (but it feels so.... late? Like how many splatfests are even left at this point?) No complaints though; Tricolors are novel and all that but I play the most during the first half of splatfests and it would be cool to have something more novel than just 'turf war at night.'

Alphine_Agnitio

Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
2. Woah a new mode for splatfests is so cool and we've needed it! But we need a new mode for anarchy😭
I don't think its a new mode, I think its a new item that shows up in regular splatfest(I assume its like clams, it looks like you toss them to do damage which is actually kinda interesting)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom