• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Fresh Season 24 Subjective Map Tier List

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
How are you supposed to play the video game of you skip like half the maps when they are in rotation?

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
we don't : ) i was just experiencing this because i looked at the currently active rotations and there is not a single ranked rotation that seems even slightly appealing to me right now

not to say i agree with all of this list, there's a lot of things i'd shift around personally. but yeah splatoon 3 absolutely has enough bad maps that i simply will not play the game sometimes even if i'm in the mood because i know i won't enjoy the rotations

#8 regret

Number 10,008
Pronouns
bup/it/she
NNID
gameruler2012
Switch Friend Code
SW-7261-2944-2031
I'll toss my hat in.

This tier list has been edited March 9, 2024 since I finally played on Robo ROM-en. Peak.

Last edited:

reelrollsweat

Semi-Pro Squid
im not super picky with maps. most of the stuff in "depends" tier i only like on 1 or 2 modes tho. me when s3 map design is bad in a way that favors the weapons i play d:
my-image.png

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
1709875373-Create_a_All_Splatoon_3_Maps_(As_of_Fresh_Season_2.png

i'm feeling salty from the last open rotation so i'm posting about it here sorry everyone

i do not like flounder heights being in this game, it ruins half the weapon classes and none of the modes are even good enough to justify it. zones is the only one that doesn't snowball like hell after you make a single push and that's exclusively because the zones are so tiny you can't hold them for more than 30 seconds. graaghugjkbhavbavbvbdb this map sucks i never like playing it and it ruins my mood whenever i try
that being said idk why but i don't feel nearly as negatively about humpback even though it has a lot of the same problems in terms of weapon class bias. i guess because it at least feels like you can reasonably fight in the spawn areas with any weapon

aside from that hot take (though look at the above posts it seems like i'm not that alone in this), i'm fairly positive about a lot more maps in this game than most. anything above "not great" tier is perfectly fine to me and i am happy to partake in a rotation with any combination of them, excluding a couple specific map-mode combos

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
1709877733301.png

Whether or not I'll play on a rotation usually depends on how bored I am, how good of a mood I'm in, and how much I want to grind something out like the final stretch to getting 5 stars on a weapon. Ultimately I think the rest of this game is good enough to the point where I can stomach some of the worse maps in the game a lot of the time. Like I often completely forget how bad the game's maps are.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
1709880043088.png

Individual tiers are ordered by map release order.

Biggest controversy: Wahoo over ROMen.
Why: ROMen TC is garbage snowball hell. None of Wahoo's modes make me want to not play the rotation.

Note that the difference between "Could Be Better" and "Bad" tiers is whether I think a map can be saved by changes.

Egomouse

Full Squid
NNID
Egomouse
Switch Friend Code
SW-1058-0470-2243
2024 Fresh Season Map personal tier list.png

Just my personal tier list of what I think is fun. Other than favorites, they're not arranged in order in their rows.
I don't hate or avoid any map, unlike in S1 or S2.
Tho, if Scorch Gorge was only turf wars, it would be in the "its okay" row (despite having a 53.3% winrate). The only reason Scorch Gorge is so low is because for some reason I just think its okay in turf wars.
And despite Marlin Airport being in plenty of rotations for two days, I haven't played it enough to fully know where I place it.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
View attachment 9900

Whether or not I'll play on a rotation usually depends on how bored I am, how good of a mood I'm in, and how much I want to grind something out like the final stretch to getting 5 stars on a weapon. Ultimately I think the rest of this game is good enough to the point where I can stomach some of the worse maps in the game a lot of the time. Like I often completely forget how bad the game's maps are.
same here. I usually don't even pay attention to what maps are in rotation unless ramen is in rotation for ranked, and then I'll play that instead of x

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Okay since everyone's giving their list here's mine:

my-image.png

I hate that I don't agree with a single other list in this thread so far </3
I'm not really picky in terms of maps I'll play, even some of the "awful" ones still feel playable to me. The only ones I actually don't like are eeltail alley and humpback

Considering everyone else's lists, my hottest take is probably undertow spillway in A tier, it's kind of my guilty pleasure map, I really like it in all modes, even zones, because I think mid is pretty fun to fight in, (and strangely I have higher win rates on it I have no idea why)

Oh and brinewater should probably be in C tier realistically but it's also the BEST LOOKING MAP IN THE GAME WTF? So I'm really biased. I NEED more stages set at dusk it looks incredible

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
Okay since everyone's giving their list here's mine:

View attachment 9909

I hate that I don't agree with a single other list in this thread so far </3
I'm not really picky in terms of maps I'll play, even some of the "awful" ones still feel playable to me. The only ones I actually don't like are eeltail alley and humpback

Considering everyone else's lists, my hottest take is probably undertow spillway in A tier, it's kind of my guilty pleasure map, I really like it in all modes, even zones, because I think mid is pretty fun to fight in, (and strangely I have higher win rates on it I have no idea why)

Oh and brinewater should probably be in C tier realistically but it's also the BEST LOOKING MAP IN THE GAME WTF? So I'm really biased. I NEED more stages set at dusk it looks incredible
This is why I like Sendou Q, you can just toggle what stages you like and don't like and you'll usually never have to play the ones you dislike.

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
This is why I like Sendou Q, you can just toggle what stages you like and don't like and you'll usually never have to play the ones you dislike.
If I ever see humpback zones being played again I will go feral this is your final warning
(also I never tried sendouQ but that's a pretty cool feature, I'll play it one day)

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
For me personally I'll generally only play rots with bad map/modez(stuff like hammer/eel zones or Bluefin/eel clams) if I'm partied up with my team: the variance and issues with the worst maps of the game get compounded very quickly playing solo vs coordinated

briank913

Pro Squid
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
Thankfully it looks like Marlin Airport is now happening less and less and we're getting more map variety. Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom