• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Future Splatfests as of January 2016

SuperSplatoonFan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SonicFan36
So as I post this, there is a Splatfest going on (I'm in the U.S so....) I think the next Splatfest needs to be Id rather use only splat rollers OR I'd rather only use Splat Chargers or some other specific category of weapon

97Stephen

Pro Squid
Depending on the weapons chosen that really wouldn't be very close in popularity. If one of the options was charger, we would instantly know which would be more popular. I can't see that being the greatest idea. Some weapons are way more popular than others.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Dear God no, Rollers vs. Chargers would be a very bad idea. Popularity wouldn't be an issue, it's... imagine four rollers of equal skill, vs. four chargers of equal skill. Unless the rollers are Dynamos and the chargers are Squiffers, I can't see an outcome in which the Rollers aren't crushed horribly.

Now Rollers vs. Sloshers... that would be interesting. As would Chargers vs. Splatlings, or Brushes vs. Rollers, or Blasters vs. Shooters.

The core idea of yours is pretty solid (weapon X vs. weapon Y), I just think the example you gave would be pretty lopsided in the chargers' favor.

SuperSplatoonFan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SonicFan36
Any other ideas for future Splatfests?
My question is: How often will Splatfests be?

97Stephen

Pro Squid
I actually like Japan's Splatfests, love vs. money, mind vs. body, these are actually interesting questions for a Splatfest. I would think that they would keep the same time regularity for Splatfests.

SuperSplatoonFan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SonicFan36
I am gonna go out on a limb and say that that I don't like that idea. This is a kids game. And I think those questions are to adult for a bunch of,well, probably not adults, to be answering. The Japanese audience for the game is probably different that the U.S.A

SuperSplatoonFan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SonicFan36
@Stephen as a side note, it would be both. You would choose your team based on what you would rather HAVE to use. Then you have to use that weapon. Nintendo already limits you from changing your shirt during splatfest, and they could make it so you couldn't switch weapons.

97Stephen

Pro Squid
Hmm. That I'm not sure about. It would be interesting, but in almost any weapon vs. weapons battle one side is going to have the advantage. It wouldn't be hard to figure out a roller vs. shooter Splatfest. Plus Splatfest is where I goof off with weapons, it would get kind of boring only using one type.

SuperSplatoonFan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SonicFan36
hmmm good point. ANY OTHER IDEAS? because this is me right now trying to think of splatfest ideas: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

97Stephen

Pro Squid
I think the best idea is what someone else (I can't remember who) said. We need neutral but not boring themes. As long as it's hard to pick what theme the kids will pick. That said, I'm extremely uncreative so I'm probably not much help. I did hear on a different thread cake vs. ice cream (I'd give credit if I could find where) which sounded pretty good. I think it would be harder to predict that one.

SuperSplatoonFan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SonicFan36
with the rain v shine it would be which is better.
with the rain v snow it would be : if it had to all the time,would would rather it always be?

97Stephen

Pro Squid
with the rain v shine it would be which is better.
with the rain v snow it would be : if it had to all the time,would would rather it always be?
I think with the former it would be a little too easy to guess which side would be more popular. The latter would be hard to guess, but I don't know if people would like that as a theme

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom