• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Future Splatfests as of January 2016

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Coming up with truly neutral themes is pretty hard. But some of the choices NoA comes up with are so far away from neutral it's laughable. Marshmallows v. Hot Dogs? Naughty v. Nice? Burgers v. Pizza? I mean I can give them credit for at least TRYING with ones like Past v. Future, that was much more neutral even if it ended up not going that way. Waterslides v Coasters was truely neutral. Ninjas v. Pirates was, but that turned out lopsided anyway.

Though never underestimate group think. You could have mauve vs. taupe and the internet will decide which one the kids will go for and all gang up on the other side.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I think an interesting splatfest theme would be would you rather explore the depths of space or the depths of the sea. Both environments require a suit to explore and have no oxygen. Plus there is tons of pressure in each environment that can kill you lol.

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
Eating Out vs Eating At Home
Pancakes vs Waffles
Truth vs Ideals
Spongebob vs Patrick
Skateboards vs Bicycles
Basketball vs Football
Superman vs Batman
Fiction vs Non-fiction
Stealth Jump vs Ninja Squid
Retro vs Modern
Cuttlefish vs Octavio
Damage Up vs Defense Up
Anime vs Cartoons
Justice vs Mercy
Desktops vs Laptops
Run Speed Up vs Swim Speed Up

Did I miss any...?

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Eating Out vs Eating At Home
Pancakes vs Waffles
Truth vs Ideals
Spongebob vs Patrick
Skateboards vs Bicycles
Basketball vs Football
Superman vs Batman
Fiction vs Non-fiction
Stealth Jump vs Ninja Squid
Retro vs Modern
Cuttlefish vs Octavio
Damage Up vs Defense Up
Anime vs Cartoons
Justice vs Mercy
Desktops vs Laptops
Run Speed Up vs Swim Speed Up

Did I miss any...?
The legendary Splatfest title. Callie vs Marie

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Wasn't there supposed to be an NA splatfest announcement today, what time is it in NA I'm European but I need to now cause I got American, Japanese and European discs from friends who don't like the game so I can play all splatfests

So was there one or not?

My favorite splatfest idea is unicorns vs dragons

Award

Wasn't there supposed to be an NA splatfest announcement today, what time is it in NA I'm European but I need to now cause I got American, Japanese and European discs from friends who don't like the game so I can play all splatfests

So was there one or not?

So far, nothing....I'm getting kind of annoyed/worried at how NoA seems to be disregarding splatfest. It was 3 weeks between for so long, then last time was 4 weeks- if there's no announcement tonight, then it will be the first time it will be 5 weeks between splatfests. It's particularly weird since we just got through the first Christmas of Splatoon sales, and they've had only ONE Splatfest for everyone that just got the game - how can they get their snails? Weird that they'd sell a bunch of copies to new kids then basically ignore splatfest.

They can still announce up until the 9:00pm ET rotation 3 hours from now.

The only justification I can think of is, the outage that happened (I think my thread on that got deleted - I got an alert that it moved, but now it's not searchable on the board) right when the last Japanese fest started 2 weeks ago. The global servers were down most of the night. It's possible something is severely broken in the Splatfest code and they can't run any splatfests until they fix it.

I also remember seeing the "lighting risers" go up on the plaza several days before Past vs. Future when normally they go up 2 days before, so maybe there's problems with the splatfest code on the servers?

Award

So was there one or not?

And...nothing.

Definitely seems odd....I wonder what's going on at NoA? Server troubles for splatfest in general, or dropping the ball, or delaying to implement changes to try to address the "Callie Always Wins" situation.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
And...nothing.

Definitely seems odd....I wonder what's going on at NoA? Server troubles for splatfest in general, or dropping the ball, or delaying to implement changes to try to address the "Callie Always Wins" situation.
So far, nothing....I'm getting kind of annoyed/worried at how NoA seems to be disregarding splatfest. It was 3 weeks between for so long, then last time was 4 weeks- if there's no announcement tonight, then it will be the first time it will be 5 weeks between splatfests. It's particularly weird since we just got through the first Christmas of Splatoon sales, and they've had only ONE Splatfest for everyone that just got the game - how can they get their snails? Weird that they'd sell a bunch of copies to new kids then basically ignore splatfest.

They can still announce up until the 9:00pm ET rotation 3 hours from now.

The only justification I can think of is, the outage that happened (I think my thread on that got deleted - I got an alert that it moved, but now it's not searchable on the board) right when the last Japanese fest started 2 weeks ago. The global servers were down most of the night. It's possible something is severely broken in the Splatfest code and they can't run any splatfests until they fix it.

I also remember seeing the "lighting risers" go up on the plaza several days before Past vs. Future when normally they go up 2 days before, so maybe there's problems with the splatfest code on the servers?
Or you know.. It could just be delayed like the first one

Award

Next NA Splatfest? Regular Battle vs. Ranked Battle. Because that's the only vote option I'm seeing in my lobby today. </salt>

Or you know.. It could just be delayed like the first one
True, but the delay of the first one, I believe, was due to issues that turned up in the Japanese one prior to it.

I still have 35 snails stockpiled for now, so I'm still ok if I go sparingly, but it really sucks for everyone that got the game for Christmas! And I'm afraid when they finally have it I might end up having to miss it :(

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Next NA Splatfest? Regular Battle vs. Ranked Battle. Because that's the only vote option I'm seeing in my lobby today. </salt>

True, but the delay of the first one, I believe, was due to issues that turned up in the Japanese one prior to it.

I still have 35 snails stockpiled for now, so I'm still ok if I go sparingly, but it really sucks for everyone that got the game for Christmas! And I'm afraid when they finally have it I might end up having to miss it :(
Hmmm well Europeans one was delayed for no reason at one point

I'm at 68 sea snails xD

97Stephen

Pro Squid
I hope this won't mean that it's going to be longer in between Splatfests now that all the content is out.
(68 sea snails! Don't you spend any?)

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I have no sea snails :( I'm usually not able to play on Saturdays until VERY late, so I can only rank up once or twice, and in addition, I've only chosen a winning team once (out of 5-6 splatfests, I got this game on my birthday in September 21), so I've only made it to max Queen once, and Champion once, and everything else was fiend or defender. Luckily, I play a lot, and I have 400,000 right now, so money isn't really a problem for me anyways. Sea snails are very useful though...

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
I hope this won't mean that it's going to be longer in between Splatfests now that all the content is out.
(68 sea snails! Don't you spend any?)
Well I sure hope not
Ye I don't spend them at all I never change my gear, I wear the same outfit all the time so I never need to reroll or add slots I wear the squidvader cap
Varsity jacket
Red work boots

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer

Actually thinking bout it there's two more logical explanations

1. America got an unfair splatfest as in they got a splatfest as soon as another ended what I'm talking about is burger vs pizza ended and they announced naughty vs nice straight away so they may be making up for lost time

2. Everyone in Japan and Europe are up in arms about America getting a splatfest before them and THEN Japan too and THEN Europe I can't tell you how many complaints about this there are sooo they may be waiting for everyone to release their splatfests together

I just realised I replied to the wrong quote I meant to reply to the one where you said about the servers and that's why splatfests were delayed xD

Award

Actually thinking bout it there's two more logical explanations

1. America got an unfair splatfest as in they got a splatfest as soon as another ended what I'm talking about is burger vs pizza ended and they announced naughty vs nice straight away so they may be making up for lost time

2. Everyone in Japan and Europe are up in arms about America getting a splatfest before them and THEN Japan too and THEN Europe I can't tell you how many complaints about this there are sooo they may be waiting for everyone to release their splatfests together

I just realised I replied to the wrong quote I meant to reply to the one where you said about the servers and that's why splatfests were delayed xD
You're possibly right on the first one, and that whole 2-week turnover was pretty weird, but IMO they already made up for it. The old rotation was a 3 week rotation. Then we had a 2 week rotation that time, then we had a 4 week rotation until Past/Future (made up one week), and had we had one this coming weekend that would have been another 4 week rotation (making up an additional week.) Going to 5 weeks now means LESS than 12 splatfests a year if they were to stick with that. That's not a lot of snails. Especially for losing teams and those that can't reach royalty each time. IMO they're just completely screwed up.

2) I imagine they can't logistically run all the splatfests together. The server load would be too extreme when they can otherwise split it in thirds considering it tends to draw a larger player population from each region on that day. No reason spending money to double server capacity when they can just stagger the tournaments. Though it WOULD solve the barren servers and long wait times when Japan has a splatfest :) But would everyone rather have a splatfest every 3 weeks where each region alternates, or would they rather have a splatfest for everyone every 5 weeks? :p

Personally I just think there's a technical problem they won't admit to. You got to admit, the servers going down right when the JP splatfest started, then they turned them on again to evaluate the problem, then shut them down for several hours to fix (or work around?) the problem is a little weird. I'm wondering if it was a hacking situation or something - the servers didn't fail, otherwise they wouldn't have turned them on to evaluate, so there was a software issue they specifically needed to see people actually play to identify to resolve, but one urgent enough to kill the servers when they saw it. ) In theory they resolved that already, but maybe that was a quick fix to get through that splatfest until they really fix it before the next one? If 2.6 comes out before our splatfest, we'll know...

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
You're possibly right on the first one, and that whole 2-week turnover was pretty weird, but IMO they already made up for it. The old rotation was a 3 week rotation. Then we had a 2 week rotation that time, then we had a 4 week rotation until Past/Future (made up one week), and had we had one this coming weekend that would have been another 4 week rotation (making up an additional week.) Going to 5 weeks now means LESS than 12 splatfests a year if they were to stick with that. That's not a lot of snails. Especially for losing teams and those that can't reach royalty each time. IMO they're just completely screwed up.

2) I imagine they can't logistically run all the splatfests together. The server load would be too extreme when they can otherwise split it in thirds considering it tends to draw a larger player population from each region on that day. No reason spending money to double server capacity when they can just stagger the tournaments. Though it WOULD solve the barren servers and long wait times when Japan has a splatfest :) But would everyone rather have a splatfest every 3 weeks where each region alternates, or would they rather have a splatfest for everyone every 5 weeks? :p

Personally I just think there's a technical problem they won't admit to. You got to admit, the servers going down right when the JP splatfest started, then they turned them on again to evaluate the problem, then shut them down for several hours to fix (or work around?) the problem is a little weird. I'm wondering if it was a hacking situation or something - the servers didn't fail, otherwise they wouldn't have turned them on to evaluate, so there was a software issue they specifically needed to see people actually play to identify to resolve, but one urgent enough to kill the servers when they saw it. ) In theory they resolved that already, but maybe that was a quick fix to get through that splatfest until they really fix it before the next one? If 2.6 comes out before our splatfest, we'll know...
IIRC, around 690,000 Japanese players were participating in the latest Splatfest which is a lot of people. So maybe they are improving their servers so it can keep up the demand next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom