• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Game grumps social

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
It was definitely the Jon era for me. It's too bad Jon left and I still don't know why he left.

Kirbyfan391

Inkling
Jon leaving is the biggest and central GG mystery ever. But I think we might find out in the future, what I feel is stopping us from knowing is the fact that Jon and GG are probably contractually obliged to not speak negatively to each other given they're both from Polaris. But with more recent mentions of Jon from the Grumps, and Ross/Markiplier(two people who were on GG) being on Starcade, it seems the tension is loosening up.

I pretty much like GG mainly for the Jon era. Though I don't have anything against Danny, and again did watch and enjoy some of the newer GGs, just sucks that those newer ones are never finished ;_; then again it's not like it was much better in that regard in the Jon era(Banjo Kazooie and Sonic 06 come to mind..).

Jellykun

Senior Squid
NNID
Jellykun
C'mon.. y'all know we actually need this.

As for the Jon topic "Again" , Jon and Danny are different people, you roll with it or you don't, it's your choice, Grumps and Jon are still good buddies too, it's up to you if you like it or not though, I really like both Jon and Danny, doesn't make a lot of different who is/was on the show to me between them, they're both really funny/good to watch, to me.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
Jon leaving is the biggest and central GG mystery ever. But I think we might find out in the future, what I feel is stopping us from knowing is the fact that Jon and GG are probably contractually obliged to not speak negatively to each other given they're both from Polaris. But with more recent mentions of Jon from the Grumps, and Ross/Markiplier(two people who were on GG) being on Starcade, it seems the tension is loosening up.

I pretty much like GG mainly for the Jon era. Though I don't have anything against Danny, and again did watch and enjoy some of the newer GGs, just sucks that those newer ones are never finished ;_; then again it's not like it was much better in that regard in the Jon era(Banjo Kazooie and Sonic 06 come to mind..).
Starcade? You mean Grumpcade right?

Anyway true words, bro (RIP Pokemon Fire Red, we'll never know if they'll beat the E4). Though, exactly what made them put a halt on half the games they played?

Kirbyfan391

Inkling
Starcade? You mean Grumpcade right?

Anyway true words, bro (RIP Pokemon Fire Red, we'll never know if they'll beat the E4). Though, exactly what made them put a halt on half the games they played?
No, I really did mean Starcade. You know, the new show Jontron put out about Star Wars? Well, Ross and Markiplier appeared in it in the newest episode(aka the 2nd one, about X-Wings).

I think they just stopped most of their games because they lost interest or didn't feel like continuing anymore, lol. Or maybe their plans for a series doesn't go as well. After all, they work on a lot of games at the same time.

Jellykun

Senior Squid
NNID
Jellykun
@SilverEra First they stopped because they lost the records, then someone animated all of the sound and it was published, now they quit for an unknown reason, they were at the Elite 4, but I think they quit because they were -far- too underleveled to get through the Elite 4.

Pesty

Inkster Jr.
I never really got too into Fire Red admittedly, though I know a lot of people did so it's a shame they seem pretty much done with it.
Oh, and hi! Pretty long time Grump fan here, been watching since that Spice World episode way back when. Hope you guys don't mind if I just hop in.

Jellykun

Senior Squid
NNID
Jellykun
Ofcourse I don't mind if you join/hop in, the more Grump fans, the better, another great series was Sunshine now that I think about it.

Pesty

Inkster Jr.
Ooh, Sunshine is one of my personal Dan era favorites, so many memorable moments. It and Shadow of the Colossus are my go to rewatch series.

Jellykun

Senior Squid
NNID
Jellykun
@Pesty I can really agree with you there, though the Goonies (2?) was another good one.. "lickmaballs" them doors.. please.. I couldn't get a hold of myself.. or.. updog?

_Vicious_

Full Squid
NNID
Vicious09
i loved the wind waker hd play through alot .... and in the jon era it has to be sonic 06

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
I haven't seen the Wind Waker ones except the finale.

I got to ask, what are your opinions on Steam Train lately, guys?

_Vicious_

Full Squid
NNID
Vicious09
seems to be a steam train ...dip at the moment with the grumpcade episodes now live, still would love to see dan and ross go back to hosting them instead of just any grump who seems to be there lol.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
I see. Most of all, what do you think of Suzy being part of any of the episodes?

Pesty

Inkster Jr.
Yeah, I've really been missing the classic Stream Train combo a lot lately too, though I totally understand why it's been absent. Grumpcade with Jirard is making up for it for me though.
I'm... neutral towards Suzy. Not really a fan, but I don't hate her.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
I want to see Dan and Arin play Max Payne one day. I would send them one but it's my only copy.

They either need to get one of their own or someone else send one (which I would very appreciate).

TimpaniGamer

Full Squid
NNID
TimpaniGamer
My favorite Jon-Era episode is their Monopoly episode. As for Dan, Battle Chess.

(I don't really know why I like the slow games more. I guess it gives them more time to make up jokes and stories when they aren't worrying about the game as much.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom