• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Gamestop Splatoon Demo Event - May 16th (US)

Trick_Ster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Thetardygalaxy
Closest one is 11.6 miles away! So going to go there! Can't wait to play again! HYPE!

hinata2000100

Inkster Jr.
I wonder how many people are going to the Colorado location...

Maybe I'll see some of you there. Or maybe not. I dunno. We'll have to see.

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
I didnt realize it was 5 specific Gamestops. I'm really sad now (*cries) The nearest one to me is 25 miles away....Ugh, it seems really dumb for them to only be those locations seeing as how I can literally walk to my nearest Gamestop. Does anyone know why its only those?

w00se

Inkster Jr.
NNID
w00sey
The closest one to me is 24 miles away
Is that really that far? 25 miles is my daily commute to my university every evening... Maybe I'm just used to going that far every day but it doesn't seem like more than a short drive. Would gladly make my daily drive to play a game I'm hyped for.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
There isn't even a participating GS in 100 miles from me haha OTL

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
I might just be able to attend this. nearest one is 4 miles away, and 30 minutes by bike.

Wario Bros.

Full Squid
NNID
WarioBrose
Just got back from the GameStop event. Really fun! I even snagged two posters from it. There were squid hats too but unfortunately they were only for employees. :(

Here's what I got from it:
- The demo lacked online so everything online related wasn't available
- Booyah Base & Spike's place requires online so you couldn't shop
- The color of the your inkling in the plaza depends on the color you last played in
- Got to play story mode. There are 4 levels and a boss. We couldn't go to World 2 after beating the boss because the Nintendo employee told we couldn't do so for story spoiler purposes. I had a blast from said single player.

I'll try to answer questions if there are any.

Last edited:

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
the closest gamestop to me that's hosting this tonight is tiny! it's going to be packed in there. i still may go want to play bb skatepark!

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Just got back from the GameStop event. Really fun! I even snagged two posters from it. There were squid hats too but unfortunately they were only for employees. :(

- The color of the your inkling in the plaza depends on the color you last played in
- Got to play story mode. There are 4 levels and a boss. We couldn't go to World 2 after beating the boss but the Nintendo employee told we couldn't do so for story spoiler purposes. I had a blast from said single player.

Wow, you were lucky. I was only allowed to do the first level and I couldn't explore the plaza.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables

- Got to play story mode. There are 4 levels and a boss. We couldn't go to World 2 after beating the boss but the Nintendo employee told we couldn't do so for story spoiler purposes. I had a blast from said single player.

What do the posters look like?

Also the demo was only for single player? Was it just one demo station?

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
a reversible poster! i dig the look of the top one. splatoon cgi movie plz.

Deku

Senior Squid
NNID
Rolandd
I just got back. It was pretty fun. Little disappointed it was single player only. The platforming was really solid. I was able to play two levels, since there was nobody in line. The guy even took my picture for some reason. I got the poster, but I should have asked for the hat.

For some reason, playing the single player mode made me wish for customizable maps. If they have a mario maker type game with just splatoon, I'd be all over that, especially if you could do multiplayer maps as well.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
The poster I got had this on one side:

And this on the other:
ahh I like that poster
did they have a lot of posters to give out? I'm on the west coast so the event just started, I could still drive over but I would be sad if they ran out of posters by the time I got there D=

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
ahh I like that poster
did they have a lot of posters to give out? I'm on the west coast so the event just started, I could still drive over but I would be sad if they ran out of posters by the time I got there D=
It of course probably ended by now, but it did seem like a good bit, and at least at my gamestop no body really cared to come. They may even be giving them out even after the event, I have no idea.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
lol so I ended up going

It was a lot of fun! The 'demo' was actually the retail version of the game, but the game servers are offline so none of the online stuff could be accessed including the shops (Crusty Sean told me I was "waaaaaaaaay too offline" to be shopping at his place :(). We got to play as much of the single player as we wanted though, I was playing around in world 3 by the time I left.

We could also play battle dojo, they had a pro controller on hand so I played against one of the other people there and we got to test out all the weapons available in the dojo, including the Aerospray MG, Jet Squiffer, Squelcher (quick charger), Blaster, and Mini-Blaster.

They had a pretty big stack of posters and they said I could grab as many as I wanted, but I felt bad taking too many so I just grabbed two. The poster looks great! #worth

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom