• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Gamestop Splatoon Demo Event - May 16th (US)

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Dang it. Everyone playing single player mode past level 1. The gamestop lady only said I could play the first one and was incredibly restricting. ;_;

Kzero

Inkster Jr.
I wasn't able to go. Closest one was like 100 miles away. I managed to get a Splatoon poster from the event though...through Ebay, lol.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
Just got back from the GameStop event. Really fun! I even snagged two posters from it. There were squid hats too but unfortunately they were only for employees. :(

Here's what I got from it:
- The demo lacked online so everything online related wasn't available
- Booyah Base & Spike's place requires online so you couldn't shop
- The color of the your inkling in the plaza depends on the color you last played in
- Got to play story mode. There are 4 levels and a boss. We couldn't go to World 2 after beating the boss because the Nintendo employee told we couldn't do so for story spoiler purposes. I had a blast from said single player.

I'll try to answer questions if there are any.
I got halfway through world 3 before they even mentioned it. I guess they got distracted

kinetik07

Senior Squid
lol so I ended up going

It was a lot of fun! The 'demo' was actually the retail version of the game, but the game servers are offline so none of the online stuff could be accessed including the shops (Crusty Sean told me I was "waaaaaaaaay too offline" to be shopping at his place :(). We got to play as much of the single player as we wanted though, I was playing around in world 3 by the time I left.

We could also play battle dojo, they had a pro controller on hand so I played against one of the other people there and we got to test out all the weapons available in the dojo, including the Aerospray MG, Jet Squiffer, Squelcher (quick charger), Blaster, and Mini-Blaster.

They had a pretty big stack of posters and they said I could grab as many as I wanted, but I felt bad taking too many so I just grabbed two. The poster looks great! #worth
So lucky...

We were only allowed to play up to the first boss because the stages after that would be spoilers. Couldn't even do battle dojo.

EDIT: besides the splat posters, there were also smash stickers and kirby pencil things

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
Wish I could have gone. Especially now that I know there were posters there :/

w00se

Inkster Jr.
NNID
w00sey
Pretty much nobody showed up to the gamestop I went to so basically just got to kick it with the Nintendo rep who was there for a few hours and play the up to the first boss a few times. At least I know where the scrolls are for the first set of levels are now and ended up with a squid hat and two posters. Same kind of hat I have seen in a few of the pictures from the mess fest like this one: https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7754/17528197200_49ffb5e4c7_z.jpg

Didn't get to play the test fire so this was my first hands on with the game and I can't believe how much better the gyro feels compared to traditional analog stick for camera movement in a shooter. Don't think it beats mouse in my book but I will certainly take it over a right stick for aiming (well the hybrid right stick for wide turning+gyro for precision). I though I would disable the motion aiming for sure but it really made a believer out of me.

Last edited:

w00se

Inkster Jr.
NNID
w00sey
I want one of the squid hats so bad :(. I wanna wear it when streaming :p
The squid hat is cool but it feels like it is going to fall apart if you wear it too many times. I think it would be way cooler to commission somebody on etsy or somewhere to make a spirit hood style hat designed after the inkling girl's hair/tentacles/whatever you call it . That would be pretty awesome and wouldn't have to worry about it wearing out so quickly.

.paper

Inkling
I went so I could get the poster. I left feeling disappointed because I wasn't able to buy one of those stupid hats.

I'll never be a squid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom