• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Misfire?

MaxwellsTime

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MaxwellsTime
It was really bad in the first hour, I could only connect in ONE match during the whole hour. The extended hour worked mostly fine, though.

Some people will stop playing, some won't. The game isn't going to die in a month.
Hopefully. I just think back to Titanfall that died after 6 months.

MINUS

The Once and Future King
NNID
TRUEB7UE
Glad to hear everything ended up working out guys.

Be ready for the first few days to follow suit though, this game is getting a lot of attention (which is great for everyone) so servers may be a little touch and go for a bit.

EDIT: So be patient, play some squid jump, or even better, crush that single player campaign while you wait out the turbulence :)

Last edited:

MaxwellsTime

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MaxwellsTime
Glad to hear everything ended up working out guys.

Be ready for the first few days to follow suit though, this game is getting a lot of attention (which is great for everyone) so servers may be a little touch and go for a bit.
I think that'll be good since I don't think I'll have the money to get it day 1.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I actually dusted Kid Icarus Uprising off this morning as a warmup and was pleasantly surprised to find people still playing it. Splatoon definitely won't die, especially if they keep rolling out post-launch updates.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I mean, this is why we have the test-fire. To test these things, so that we won't have to deal with it on launch. Anyways, before we had 3 test-fires. So if someone missed a test-fire, it wasn't a big deal. This time however, we only had one test-fire. One last chance to play the game. And the game has been getting more and more hype since the test-fire, so more people are interested into playing in this test-fire. Get all of those people together at one time, and yeah, you are gonna destroy some servers.

ThisFungi

8-bit crazy!
I was surprised to see such a heavy amount of traffic during my experience at the testfire, especailly with the past 3 going by smoothly. It was a bit annoying at first but once I was able to connect I went straight tot the tutorial level and fooled around for about 45 mins until the servers were able to function steadily again (giving me about 2 hours total for this session alone :D). I'm overall really glad that so many people are interested in this game. Hopefully Nintendo shoots for a better online experience with this game now that they've got a general idea of how many players have connected (and will connect) to their servers.

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
this one started off pretty bad with the server issue but Nintendo did a good job fixing it and it was nice they gave us an extra hour to play :)

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
while it sucks some of us missed the last test fire to be sure, the game releases in 6 days and at least nintendo can anticipate how much volume the servers are going to have to support.

"Suffer now, and live the rest of your stupid nerd video game life as a squid champion, ya dorks."
~ Muhammad Ali, probably

IsmaR

was tentacles all along
Super Moderator
I'd prefer they work out the kinks to make sure this doesn't happen/go as badly when the games actually comes out.

Does suck for those uninformed about the extension, though.

Saltystick

Senior Squid
NNID
Wummer
I don't think we have to worry about something like that happening once the game launches.
During the test fire sessions literally everyone in the world HAD to play at the same time if they wanted to play, which is SUPER unlikely to happen once the game is actually available for everyone whenever they want to (not only due to time zones).
And seeing how despite the fact that the servers were overcrowded it went pretty smoothly (if you ignore the fact that the first hour didn't work) it looks really promising.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
How do so many people not realize that the entire point of this test was to try and crash the servers? That's what stress tests are for. The fact they got it back up and running in under an hour, and it ran perfectly fine after that, shows Nintendo's in a pretty good position for this game's launch to go smoothly.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm guessing, they were not ready with the traffic they were getting. I personally didn't experience it because it was far too early for me. Besides, it's pretty much the point of the Testfire. To test the servers.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
the extension was in the worst possible time for me. i had to go to work just as the extension started. didn't even get into the tutorial.

Flakk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Magolorthegreat
I went to bed at about 11:50 because I was really tired. I'm pissed now godamnit I lost everything that matters to me.

Still if this makes sure that we don't have a diablo III situation on our hands on release I don't mind.

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
I missed the testfire due to a festival happening in my town, I was very sad at first to miss it but maybe it wasn't too bad if the connection issues was this bad lol

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
Was screwed out of this testfire run on account of work, but money's money. I heard something about the server screwiness being on NA servers before they switched to Japanese ones.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I really have no idea what happened. :scared:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom