Global Splatfest: Fancy Party vs. Costume Party

Which team are you?

• Team Fancy Party!

Votes: 60 57.1%
  • Team Costume Party!

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • I don't know yet, but I'll pick one sometime

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • I'm not participating in this Splatfest.

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
So far i had a huuge loss streak of 1 win per 3-4 losses. then switcged to the jr of all rhings, which is usually boring to me but reminds me of a necessarily deadlier version of my old splatfest main the aero mg. started winning a lot more...but...uhh...i think the splatfest servers just fried. unable to connect to any lobbies as of now...

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
Maybe it's just the time, but not looking good for fancy blue. I'm having an incredibly hard time getting a team of four players just to get a match against orange. I keep getting kicked out of lobbies because not enough blue players are joining the battle.

The proletariat sucks sometimes...

Edit: Just tried re-joining the lobby. Been sitting at the "Searching for a battle to join" screen for four minutes.
Me too, i've gotten the "failed to connect to partners device" four times in a row after waiting a few minutes each.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Maybe it's just the time, but not looking good for fancy blue. I'm having an incredibly hard time getting a team of four players just to get a match against orange. I keep getting kicked out of lobbies because not enough blue players are joining the battle.

The proletariat sucks sometimes...
Having the same problem, Fancy team. I haven't had a single match since I started, been 20 minutes and I haven't had one match. Very first time having this problem.

Though it could be the time, 1am here. Splatfest Power is exactly 1400. Only could find one Japanese player and one American, room didn't hit the 4th player and now can't find anyone.

Edit: Well, even more users are having the same problem, Nintendo servers are too full or something...

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
Fancy Champ 92 and at about 1735, the servers crap out on me. Just my luck.

gumx

Inkster Jr.
Searching for a battle to join...

im stuck at this screen all of the sudden.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
There's definitely something wrong. Everything was going just fine, then all of a sudden I couldn't find any more matches.

Side note, 99% of players i've seen are Japanese. I've only seen 4 that I could read, but I guess that's to be expected with how massive their playerbase is compared to ours, and i'm guessing that most of the kids aren't up this late.

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
There's definitely something wrong. Everything was going just fine, then all of a sudden I couldn't find any more matches.

Side note, 99% of players i've seen are Japanese. I've only seen 4 that I could read, but I guess that's to be expected with how massive their playerbase is compared to ours, and i'm guessing that most of the kids aren't up this late.
TBF it's 2:30 PM there, of course they're gonna play.

fuchsia

Full Squid
NNID
fuchsiaplays
Did the servers just die or is it my internet?
i thought it was just *my* internet [nobody on tumblr's said anything otherwise], but i was sitting in "searching for a battle to join" for over five minutes. it's fine, i'm tired and started to lose more than i was winning so i'm okay with calling it a night and picking it back up in the morning.

eta:

okay. not surprising, given splatoon's servers, but... ugh. okay. just wish i hadn't lost splatfest points for the disconnect.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
So... for the people who did get to play so far, are the Japanese kicking your ***** or what?

Are they like the vicious Turf War ones?

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Can confirm that the servers are dead right now.

And my Splatfest outing was going great so far...

So... for the people who did get to play so far, are the Japanese kicking your ***** or what?

Sorta. On the other hand, I had a few equally ruthless JP players on my side so it ultimately evened out.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
I finally got in a match, then half way in it gave me an error saying "You do not have a internet connection"...Don't lie Nintendo, it's you who has no internet connection :p.

Rabite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cboyd1987

I started at 1200 power, so I haven't seen 1/8th the vicious that is characteristic of turf war, but overall the players are several times more skilled than what 1200 amounted to in NA splatfests.

fuchsia

Full Squid
NNID
fuchsiaplays

i play against the japanese 95% of the time so i'm used to their play style. to be honest, i have a hard time playing with/against american players [i am one] just because their play style is so different. and i'm S rank and i've been checking my "recently played with" a lot more lately [trying to get spyke to give me a specific piece of gear... maybe if i order it 300 times he'll eventually give it to me] and i'm regularly paired up against S/S+. so, really, it doesn't seem much different than regular turf wars to me. and this is my first splatfest as an S rank [the one 3 weeks ago, I was B+...]. my only problem is that i currently can't play my main [octobrush] because of wrist problems, so i'm trying to struggle through with the nzap '89 i used to main a couple months ago. but things are going alright even with that.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Japanese accounts only so far. Japanese teammates. Japanese opponents.

Did the servers just die or is it my internet?
I had almost a dozen matches before it DC me in the lobby. Now I can't get back in. But I can still post to miiverse. =/

EDIT: Hooray, it's not just me suffering!

Last edited:

Ansible

Community Ambassador
HI! I'm a double post. =) IGNORE ME!! D={

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Seems to be working for me now...

Edit: Well, not quite, still takes a bit for the game to find one person at a time. Also had a disconnection at the results screen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom