• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Testfire General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
I feel like it might be a little bit easier to post a Splatoon Global Testfire General Discussion thread for miscellaneous questions or posts about the demo.

Now that the first hour is almost up, I'd like to hear some of your guys' first impressions of the Global Testfire. The past hour has been an absolute blast for me.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Just had some wacky games with Warchamp7. Yo, this game is the truth. And I'm not forced to use motion controls? GOTY.

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
Just had some wacky games with Warchamp7. Yo, this game is the truth. And I'm not forced to use motion controls? GOTY.
When I saw that you had to use motion controls in the tutorial, I was really worried that they weren't going to give us an options to switch. So glad they did.

Twilord

Senior Squid
NNID
Twilord
Going crazy from roller users not being OCD enough to truly milk the weapon, but if I switch back I know I'll end up on an imbalanced team.

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
Game is really smooth even with Motion Controls (didn't know you could shut it off, but its still great), but I really found a imbalance in the splat rifle. Infact, the two maps presented aren't the best maps for the weapon, while it shows off all the other ones. Did find it fun with all the weapons though, all of them have some sort of achievement feeling to it. Basically, this is the thing with weapons-

Splattershot-All maps

Splat Roller-Close quarters (demo maps)

Splat Rifle-Long range (non demo maps)

Also, is it me or is it that all this chaos happened and we had no time to practice strats? Never mind that, it was awesome! Going to bed and wakin up at 6:30 for this awesome stuff! Thx nintenderp!

DE235

Full Squid
NNID
Decrosis
I was amazed that I was able to get used to the controls. I like it very fast paced.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
It was a lot of fun! Definitely saved my hope for the game.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This game is incredible fun. Really really really fun. <3 So glad I already have the full game purchased and downloaded.

IttyBit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
IttyBit
Omigosh so much fun!
A funny thing I noticed is how many people were treating this like any other shooter, just trying to kill each other. I actually found a fun strategy in covering up enemy tracks with my roller, so whenever they got into a gunfight with one of my teammates, they had nowhere to run, and inevitably get squashed by it.
I can see myself becoming great friends with rollers, yes indeedy.

Ookami Hajime

Inkster Jr.
The game is fast, tactical, and well balanced, though I must say that dealing with roller users is going to be a hassle!
Either way, it's colorful and beautiful and I can't help but get distracted by how pretty the two team's colors blend together. Can't wait for 7am!

Pinky-Conehead

Inkling
I'm curious how everyone else did in the demo.
I personally went 8-2, which I'm only moderately happy about, considering this is everyone's first crack at the game.

Green inker

Full Squid
NNID
sonimario2000
Me and my Bro played it, Day 1 confirmed. Meta game confirmed. I swear the splatroller is OP...but I still love it.

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
Omigosh so much fun!
A funny thing I noticed is how many people were treating this like any other shooter, just trying to kill each other. I actually found a fun strategy in covering up enemy tracks with my roller, so whenever they got into a gunfight with one of my teammates, they had nowhere to run, and inevitably get squashed by it.
Trying to balance doing both is like trying to eat a Vermonster while writing a book; its very hard and it takes a lot of skill!

Twilord

Senior Squid
NNID
Twilord
Omigosh so much fun!
Good to hear someone was thinking a bit outside the box with their roller use. Just do me a favour and be the guy/gal to stay behind for a moment at the start and paint our home base okay? It was annoying me how many rollers just ran forward and left me to use my splatter-shot to do that. Was tempted to switch back, but didn't want a lob-sided team.

kaptinkillem

Inkling
I was most excited for the charge shot, but i think the weapon is very underwhelming. It's range just isn't nearly high enough to warrant how crap it is at short and medium ranges. I hope the scoped one they showed in the direct is a really big range improvement. The splaettershot was really fun however.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm curious how everyone else did in the demo.
I personally went 8-2, which I'm only moderately happy about, considering this is everyone's first crack at the game.
I did pretty well with the second gun and the roll thingies, but man do I suck with the sniper weapon. It is like suddenly I have two left hands.

Burgundy Blade

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SuperSableye24
That was fantastic. I really like the rollers, though I think I'll enjoy the paintbrush more. I didn't like my only attack other than walking into the enemy being so laggy and hard to hit.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
I had an absolute BLAST! Was really fun, and saved my hype for this game! The Splattershot was definitely my favorite though, out of all of them. The roller is ehhhh, and the Charger? No. Don't even get me started.

Also I got 9 kills and 1 death and won my very first match, HYPEEEEEE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom