Global Testfire General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashington

Senior Squid
Did not know you could turn motion controls off, regardless they're not that bad and only took me a few minutes to get used to.

The game was pretty fun, I pretty much rushed the middle for control with my splattershot the entire time and won most of my games.
lmao we spawn trapped the other team during a game

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
SSSSSoooo much fun guys! Wished for better maps for charger, but still got good practice with it! Rollers are tough to deal with. The splattershot would've been a better choice on those maps.

I wonder if there will be new maps in the next round.

But yeah, I pre-download it before the demo, and I'm still happy with that. <3

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
The stealth portion of the game is going to make things interesting. If the enemy has no rollers, prepare to go Full Solid Snake.

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
Finished 10-0. Played with the same people for over half of the games which helped a lot. Keeping your eyes on the map is key. It easily tells you where you should and shouldn't go. Splatter Shot Jr was definitely my favorite class. The grenade is incredible.

Last edited:

Green inker

Full Squid
NNID
sonimario2000
It's...it's over already. I feel like a part of me has been violently ripped out and I don't think I'll recover...

It should be illegal to make a demo so addicting last so briefly
Don't worry we'll play it tomorrow, and we'll savour it.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I wasn't really bothered by motion controls myself. In fact, I couldn't play without them. I can't instantly tell myself to constantly move the right stick.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Oh man I am loving the roller. Once you get used to switching constantly between human and squid it really is so good. Really liked how I kept getting matched up with some of the same people on my team who were really good.

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
I had a ton of fun. The roller may be an issue, considering it's by far the most fun to use and seems the most effective too, but then again it's hard to judge when it's a demo and nobody knows any strategies yet. Still though, I spent most of the hour playing the roller and boy was it satisfying.

Didn't know I could switch off the motion controls, but I got used to it quickly and by the end it felt natural. I wish the next demos were at convenient hours for me but frankly I'd rather sleep in.

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
I had a lot of fun, but they better patch in Pro Controller support. The GamePad has a stand for a reason. Let me use it as a map and nothing more.

Riskman

Inkling
NNID
WeavOrSomething
Made an account just now in response to how much I liked the demo. Controls were a little wonky-feeling at first but after a few minutes it was great. Gameplay is simple, active and it's super fun. Can't wait for the upcoming times/release!

Really tired since it's 5AM here tho

Lozjam

Inkster Jr.
I actually love the splattershot. I can't think of a time where I had this much fun. I was top of my teams except when I used the splat charger, and I even did better than a staff member that was on my team. That was absolutely fantastic and I crave for more.

Rhino47

thInk Tank Captain
NNID
Rhino47
Tons of fun! I had this amazing match, and my final match we won by .03. Good times were had and many more to come!

Attachments

Last edited:

SpecialtySake

Pro Squid
Won a bunch (lost some, too). Man, rollers can really turn the tide. We had a team of 3 rollers and a splatty J, and we were just too much for the other team to handle. Anybody play against Crawfeesh during the event?

Hey, The Roller isn't OP in the slightest. By nature, none of them are. Rollers merely put more pressure on the other team. Also, the ray gun ability has some sick usages; I used one to close off an area, as well as net a few spawnkills without approach.

Zzuxon

Inkling
Really excellent. Roller is definitely my favorite weapon.
I think I lost 3 times, played way more than that.
My only concern is how bad the rifles were. I mean, they were pretty horrible.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
Right...so I eventually recovered.

I really like what I played. At first I was worried about the controls, but they ended up feeling really great. Motion control works so much more than I thought it would. Turning it off felt really awkward, but that might be because I had too high of a sensitivity. Either way, it works great. My only gripe is that I can't aim up and down the the control stick while motion controls are on. You can do it on the horizontal axis, why not the vertical axis?

The gameplay was great. I got used to the controls pretty fast and was making some pretty good frags in no time. The weapons are all great, though I had a bit of trouble using the Splat Charger effectively. It didn't cover all that much area and for some reason, I narrowly missed my target most of the time. The second one's just me, but I feel like the Splat Charger isn't that great for Turf War. I think it'll fare much better in Payload.

Yes, Payload. That's what I'm calling it. T F 2 B O Y S

The rest of the weapons are great. I found myself using the Splattershot the most. It can cover pretty good area and it's great for defeating opponents. The Splat Roller was really fun and useful to use. It's probably the most ideal weapon for Turf War.

This demo left me craving for more. I'm definitely pre-ordering the game whenever I get to the mall.

10/10 almost inked myself, THANKS NINTENDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom