Inkling
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
Barrier is so good at clutching skirmishes, especially against rollers

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
I don't think the roller is that OP. Any distance between you and someone with a roller is pretty much an easy KO. I was able to establish control of the middle of the map and just hold the other team back. Splat Charger felt terrible to me

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
Only dropped 2 games out of 14 that was alot fun i used every weapon lol I love the gameplay. Yeah I'm gonna get even if the real game comes august.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't agree with the roller being op.

Anyway, I need to try out the splattershot more next demo. Which is coming soon so I should be heading to bed.

Rhino47

thInk Tank Captain
NNID
Rhino47
My only concern is how bad the rifles were. I mean, they were pretty horrible.
I can see where Splat Jr. would be highly inaccurate, but the Splatshot was pretty darn inaccurate as well even at close range. I'm sure they won't fix it, but it did seem rather odd.

SpecialtySake

Pro Squid
Right...so I eventually recovered.

I really like what I played. At first I was worried about the controls, but they ended up feeling really great. Motion control works so much more than I thought it would. Turning it off felt really awkward, but that might be because I had too high of a sensitivity. Either way, it works great. My only gripe is that I can't aim up and down the the control stick while motion controls are on. You can do it on the horizontal axis, why not the vertical axis?

The gameplay was great. I got used to the controls pretty fast and was making some pretty good frags in no time. The weapons are all great, though I had a bit of trouble using the Splat Charger effectively. It didn't cover all that much area and for some reason, I narrowly missed my target most of the time. The second one's just me, but I feel like the Splat Charger isn't that great for Turf War. I think it'll fare much better in Payload.

Yes, Payload. That's what I'm calling it. T F 2 B O Y S

The rest of the weapons are great. I found myself using the Splattershot the most. It can cover pretty good area and it's great for defeating opponents. The Splat Roller was really fun and useful to use. It's probably the most ideal weapon for Turf War.

This demo left me craving for more. I'm definitely pre-ordering the game whenever I get to the mall.

10/10 almost inked myself, THANKS NINTENDO
36/10 inked myself fifteen times in a row.

Invis

Inkling
NNID
InvincibleForce
For the demo, a bunch of friends and I set up 2 consoles and just finished. Super fun game, but the roller was definitely the best weapon. The roller was the only real way to spread ink fast, which makes it nearly useless to use anything else. I can see the other weapons being much better in the competitive mode, but for turf war, the roller was my go to weapon.

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
It was fun but I need some practice I couldn't control my inkling well

I confused between ZL and ZR all the time
And I often used the gyro controlls while I should've used the R button, same goes for using R when aiming at people
I couldn't aim right, it took so much time for me to realize how should I hold my gamepad to hit him, if I did realize in time I hit maybe one or two shots (using casual splattershot) while he already hit enough times for me to explode

People were so good how could they get used to it so fast? my team couldn't move... As soon as we respawned we got "splattered" again

Mann I need some practice
But sure thing that was a whole lot of fun

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble
Played without any interruptions, really fun! Everything I had hoped for.

Just had some wacky games with Warchamp7. Yo, this game is the truth. And I'm not forced to use motion controls? GOTY.
You can join friends?

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Chargers are going to require some serious twitch talent, because I couldn't land a single blow with it.

Edit: Not a friend. Just one of the streamers I ended up in a match with,

Luddoj

Inkling
I was busy during the first half hour of the Global Testfire, but managed to play for at least 20 minutes. I was busy recording footage so I never noticed there was an option to turn off motion controls, but honestly, I loved them anyway!

I tried using the Wii U Pro Controller but it wouldn't let me, kind of strange. I really hope it is a compatible controller, but considering you need the gamepad to touch the screen for super jumps and stuff of the sort makes me doubt.

I feel like one hour wasn't enough. Sure, we have tomorrow, but then we will have to keep waiting. This game feels and plays amazing, definetely not what I was expecting... It was even better.

So hyped to see how the final version turns out and to know more about all the stuff we haven't tried yet! Amazing game!

Fancy

Inkling
Roller isn't OP in killing power, but more ink covering power. The killing power isn't even that bad either, so I think it makes it a little better than all of the other weapons. As for the game itself, I really surprised myself with how much better I was at the game than I thought I would be! I mostly got the highest scores of both teams.

FlareHabanero

Increases the Excitement
People are ignoring that the Roller is not that great at combat. It's fire rate is slow and it has limited range. Great for covering territory definitely. It's only broken if you allow the Roller user to do their song and dance, which is supporting the team with spreading ink.

Pinky-Conehead

Inkling
I tried Splatterhopping a bunch, and at the start of each round, you seem to move twice as fast as everyone else, and still cover more ground.
Definitely a trick everyone using the Splattershot should try if they want to get a quick start.

Yuki

Inkling
NNID
pandayuki
Each game was basically determined by which team had the most rollers. At the same time though, the game was to fun for me to really care.

IttyBit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
IttyBit
Good to hear someone was thinking a bit outside the box with their roller use. Just do me a favour and be the guy/gal to stay behind for a moment at the start and paint our home base okay? It was annoying me how many rollers just ran forward and left me to use my splatter-shot to do that. Was tempted to switch back, but didn't want a lob-sided team.
Oh yeah! I saw that on the nintendo direct, and immediately started doing that every time! I like to cover the entire homebase in ink, and then swim over everybody else's path to catch up. Then at that point, I usually avoid the war zones, and go about doing my own thing.
I sort of treat the roller like being a Spy in TF2. If I face someone up front, I'm just asking to be slaughtered. But if I can keep behind people, and stray from the big warzones, I can cover lots of unnoticed turf, as well as squash a few unsuspecting people.

SpecialtySake

Pro Squid
Roller isn't OP in killing power, but more ink covering power. The killing power isn't even that bad either, so I think it makes it a little better than all of the other weapons. As for the game itself, I really surprised myself with how much better I was at the game than I thought I would be! I mostly got the highest scores of both teams.
And ink coverage is where it counts! :)
I only played with roller. heh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom