Global Testfire General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setnaro X

Full Squid
I'll be uploading my session to Youtube as well. I already posted the first one up. I'm a noob when it comes to streaming though, so the quality isn't as great as I'd like it.

However, for the next one coming up now, I won't stream it. I'll just directly capture it in HD 60fps for much better later viewings. Catch you after the 2nd testfire!

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
After 2 hours the record is 18-3. RIP perfect 10-0. Game is still an absolute blast to play

gameonion

Full Squid
NNID
gameonion
Wow, this was my first time playing it: I love it so hard. Gib early copy pl0x nintendo

Regiruler

Inkster Jr.
The stopping hitbox for the charger is rather bizarre. I wish the character models were a tad taller so you wouldn't have to deal with hitting your own ground when aiming from a highground to below.

IttyBit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
IttyBit
Whew, waking up at 5:50 was totally worth it!
It seems a lot of people have learned how to get around rollers, as I found a lot of people using splatshots and splatshot jrs.
While I still love my roller, I'm happy to see people are finally realizing it wasn't as overpowered as people first thought it was~

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
This has just made me crave the full game! The weapons all play pretty differently to what I expected, to my surprise I think I may prefer the Splattershot to the Charged or Roller weapons. With that said, if you don't have a roller on your team and the opponent does you're a bit screwed I found.

The matchmaking was the worst part, selecting matchmaking only to be told the session is full? Search for another session then, game, thats the point of matchmaking.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah, it wasn't as easy to play roller this time, people are learning how to deal with it (which admittedly, it is fairly easy). Anyways, that was some inkredible fun time I had playing this game, the wait for the full game will be harsh.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
This time around I played in the mentality that if there's trouble I should get away and keep inking stuff up instead of fighting. oh and also I'm starting to get swimming, instead of emptying and refilling.
A lot of close games, closest was within 1 percent, and that was a loss. reason it was so close though was b/c enemy neglected to cover corners in their base, etc. it was just a straight line to frontlines. Not the best strategy, 1% is nothing

a few mlg moments too, stealth roller ftw

a few times with bad teams :[ found myself trying to reclaim homebase because everyone just went in like Rambo to the opposite.

Stylish

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Vontos
The roller isn't that bad to deal with. Just wait until things like abilities,the possibilities are endless!

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Round 2 was also some insane fun! Think I'm starting to understand the charger, but I think the standard charger just doesn't do it.
The final game is going to have fully customizable loadouts right?
I know you were told yes, but at the moment it is actually looking like a no. You get weapons in sets at the shop and looking at menu screens of weapon selections, there is no "customize" button.

I think I recall someone saying this was to keep the game balanced.

lightdasher

Pro Squid
I always found myself getting OHKO'd by the rollers flicking ink, I understand that rolling insta kills, but the projectile too?

I like using the Roller and Splattershot Jr. although all of the matches I lost in I was using the Charger, coincidence? I think not

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
Man this has been a ton of fun. Only Complaint i have is using the gamepad only the map doesn't add much i rarely look at it. If they could make a shorcut to warp on other controllers that would be great. Played every class and about 26+ games lost 4 of them. Covering your ground is really important.

Smooth Criminal

Full Squid
Round 2 was also some insane fun! Think I'm starting to understand the charger, but I think the standard charger just doesn't do it.

I know you were told yes, but at the moment it is actually looking like a no. You get weapons in sets at the shop and looking at menu screens of weapon selections, there is no "customize" button.

I think I recall someone saying this was to keep the game balanced.
It's a stress test demo---radically different from the actual game.

Unless the devs states otherwise, I'm pretty sure the selection's going to only broaden.

Smooth Criminal

Sayaka

Inkling
NNID
SoupLauncher
I was pretty much only using the Charger, and once the scoped variant comes out in the full game it will probably be my main. I just wish you could alter vertical sensitivity seperately from horizontal.

Deru

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Derick
I actually managed to wake up for round two. Guess somethings will get me up and going at 7am on a Saturday!

Personally, I had much more fun this time around due to being a little more familiar with the maps/weapons. You could tell who had played last night from their movement options, especially on Saltspray Rig, where we'd just camp out the mindless rollers. Dealing with them is even less of an issue now that I'm starting to get used to the camera controls (I kept forgetting Y reset the camera last night) to see if they're setting up an ambush.

Best team combination seems to be one roller, one charger and two splattershots.

Something I noticed this play session is that some of the ledges that prevent you from swimming up can still be reached if there's a wall taller than the ledge on either side. Your character is able to jump out of the ink and land on the higher ground. Not to mention going up a wall and jumping back down is a great tactic to catch someone offguard that I didn't see used as often as I thought I would. Something to consider if you're trapped.

Kind of wish that you could hide on inked walls like you can when it's on the ground for some covert attacks, but you'll just slide down the wall if you stop moving. Gravity wins this time.

Edit: Like everyone else, I hope they patch a mini map on the screen eventually, I had to constantly remind myself to look at the map. If there's enough feedback, I'm sure we'll get a situation similar to MK8's down the line.

Vinyl.

Inkster Jr.
I got up and still stuck with Splattershot Jr.

This is really a great weapon, but not exactly effective when all 3 are using the same thing.
I just fill a gauge, stay away and cover as much ink as possible.
I constantly go squid form and use splat bombs for combat and it's working so well.

Shane M

Inkling
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
I actually managed to wake up for round two. Guess somethings will get me up and going at 7am on a Saturday!

Personally, I had much more fun this time around due to being a little more familiar with the maps/weapons. You could tell who had played last night from their movement options, especially on Saltspray Rig, where we'd just camp out the mindless rollers. Dealing with them is even less of an issue now that I'm starting to get used to the camera controls (I kept forgetting Y reset the camera last night) to see if they're setting up an ambush.

Best team combination seems to be one roller, one charger and two splattershots.

Something I noticed this play session is that some of the ledges that prevent you from swimming up can still be reached if there's a wall taller than the ledge on either side. Your character is able to jump out of the ink and land on the higher ground. Not to mention going up a wall and jumping back down is a great tactic to catch someone offguard that I didn't see used as often as I thought I would. Something to consider if you're trapped.

Kind of wish that you could hide on inked walls like you can when it's on the ground for some covert attacks, but you'll just slide down the wall if you stop moving. Gravity wins this time.

Edit: Like everyone else, I hope they patch a mini map on the screen eventually, I had to constantly remind myself to look at the map. If there's enough feedback, I'm sure we'll get a situation similar to MK8's down the line.
They could make it so you could click on the left joystick to bring up a full screen map and press a to super squid jump to a friendly location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom