• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Testfire General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendodudeX

Inkling
NNID
Hailex
The game is very fun. I tried all the weapons and this is my Beta Tier List:

1. Roller: Easy to use and very effective in claiming turf from enemies and can make huge comebacks. Also being able to quickly get your special weapon and have a good range splat attack makes this weapon a powerful threat.

2. Splattershot: The basic weapon good range and splat coverage. Can take care of enemies quickly if you get in and is the one I find easier to kite rollers with.​

3. Charger: If you can aim then you can take out threats with this baby pretty quickly. Also the uncharged shots is a sub for closer quarter fights but you shouldn't be close to other squids. Chargers are great when you claim higher ground and enemies have waste their time to shot you out of your spot. Also despite having less splat coverage you can still cover alot if you align yourself correctly. (Made a close comeback due to it postioning myself for max coverage)

4. Spalttershot Jr.: This weapon has shorter range and power than the splattershot but has increased fire rate for sure. if you can get in close with this you can take out people pretty fast. Also you can shot longer than the other weapons meaning you can keep going when you opponents are low on ink

Keep in mind this is for the main weapons and not the sub or special weapons. Also these are my opinions.

This game is super fun and can't wait to play it the 29th.

Lastly how far did you get in Squid Jump the mini game. I got to stage 13! :D​

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Booyah! C'mon!
Booyah! C'mon!
Booyah! C'mon!
Booyah! C'mon!
Booyah! C'mon!
*Gets Splatted*

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
Matched with Daiki (Japanese Mega Man player) in the 2nd hour. We went on to win like 4 straight games before he backed out

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Give me more, I must feed.

I loved it. Seen a lot of people saying the Roller is OP but I really don't think so. I feel like it's very easily countered, considering all other weapons are medium to long-range. You just need to be careful and mind your surroundings if you notice a player on the other team is using a Roller. I did have a lot of fun tricking people, sneaking up on them and dropping on their heads with the Roller though, but I was sad I could hardly climb walls with it. The Splat Charger seems really fun to use, but probably not the best for Turf War where the aim is to cover as much of the whole map in ink. It'll be better for the other modes if you ask me. The two Splattershots seem to be the most versatile and easiest to use. Had a lot of fun using them but I want to try out some strategies with them next time.

I just wish there was more time to play this demo. At the very least, I'm hoping Nintendo announces more Testfires for the next two weekends before launch.

Deku

Senior Squid
NNID
Rolandd
Probably had more fun the first round, because I was dead tired the second one. Still a blast though.

I think I found my problem with the charger (other than the fact I can't aim). The ink only lands until the lead ink hits something. I tried to aim above them, hoping it'd land on them, but it always missed. I always seemed to play at the oil rig with that gun. I feel stupid for not noticing it.

Ice

Inkling
The only real problem I had with this demo was that you couldn't use pro controller. But I'm guessing that won't be the case with the full game?

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The only real problem I had with this demo was that you couldn't use pro controller. But I'm guessing that won't be the case with the full game?
Iirc you can only use the Gamepad in online play. It is essential to check the map and perform super jumps.

Spurreon

Inkling
NNID
xXAlphaSoulzXx
Man, This game is a BLAST!! Based on the two rounds so far I just love the splatter shot jr, its shot speed and link coverage let me mow down tons of enemies and the bubbler is really handy at getting out of sticky situations.

Hi_C

Full Squid
I unfortunately couldn't play because I had to sell my Wii U for a multitude of reasons, but I did have some questions. First, are you able to use the Pro controller? I assume you can with the final release but I am not too sure. Second, is it worth buying on launch? I have heard some issues about lack of content at launch and that August would be a better time since more game modes and whatnot.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I unfortunately couldn't play because I had to sell my Wii U for a multitude of reasons, but I did have some questions. First, are you able to use the Pro controller? I assume you can with the final release but I am not too sure. Second, is it worth buying on launch? I have heard some issues about lack of content at launch and that August would be a better time since more game modes and whatnot.
Re-posting:
Iirc you can only use the Gamepad in online play. It is essential to check the map and perform super jumps.
It is definitely worth buying it at launch. The fact they will be releasing extra content up to August doesn't mean the game lacks content in its initial release.

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
I had a person get zero points and they were actively playing which lead to my first loss i was on 10 game win streak lol. It is really hard to pick one playstyle. This game kinda reminds of melee the amount of freedom it offers. It just needs the good modes and features to make it one of the best games in a long time.

Hi_C

Full Squid
Re-posting:

It is definitely worth buying it at launch. The fact they will be releasing extra content up to August doesn't mean the game lacks content in its initial release.
Alright cool thanks for the clarification. Def gonna have to pick up a Wii U again. Really bummed I had to sell it the first time. Crossing my fingers that we get some more games announced at E3 that makes me validate my reason to pick it up again. New Starfox, Splatoon, Zelda, and Super Smash Bros will definitely keep me preoccupied though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom